test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes for the Ranger Class (Torpedo Bay)

rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
The Ranger class is on of the best looking TOS Ships in the game. but there is an anoying bug with the model. the torpedos would hit the bridge if they are fired. so now at the moment the flew a curve over the bridge before going after the target. is it maybe possible to change the model in an future update and raise the roll bar with the launcher higher so it can fire without problem over the bridge ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    TBH, the Tos models (hardpoints) from the AOY Pack need some rework. The phasers come out of the bridge on the Gemini
    Post edited by rickvic#6033 on
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Torps are guided munitions not energy bolts they can be programmed to avoid obstacles like that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What is a changer and paser?

I believe they mean "Changes" and "phaser".

I'm not quite as bothered by the Torpedo Launcher on the Ranger, but if there's a Phaser Emitter on the bridge of the Gemini... might be a bit of an issue for targeting weapons if one is directly on the bridge. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    some of us just type fast
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    There are weapons that will clip through your ship and that is something that will likely never get changed...just as with many mmos there are clipping issues.

Just a reality of the genre...always bound to be some kind of clipping.
    Speaking of clipping... There are a few minor clipping issues with the KDF Honor Guard chest around the collarbone. The one with the boob window. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I agree in principle, but there are more than a few ships that need such tweaks sadly. I would very much like to see a pass done on ships of where weapons fire from and all that good stuff.
    > @rattler2 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > What is a changer and paser?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe they mean "Changes" and "phaser".
    >
    > I'm not quite as bothered by the Torpedo Launcher on the Ranger, but if there's a Phaser Emitter on the bridge of the Gemini... might be a bit of an issue for targeting weapons if one is directly on the bridge. lol

Probably, but when people leave blatant typos that my 6 year old would catch, I won't comment on their subject until they fix them.

It's "6-year-old" not "6 year old", If you're going to throw shade you better make sure your immaculate.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    I agree in principle, but there are more than a few ships that need such tweaks sadly. I would very much like to see a pass done on ships of where weapons fire from and all that good stuff.
    > @rattler2 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not quite as bothered by the Torpedo Launcher on the Ranger, but if there's a Phaser Emitter on the bridge of the Gemini... might be a bit of an issue for targeting weapons if one is directly on the bridge. lol

Probably, but when people leave blatant typos that my 6 year old would catch, I won't comment on their subject until they fix them.

It's "6-year-old" not "6 year old", If you're going to throw shade you better make sure your immaculate.

'You're'.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    My biggest issue with the Ranger is that it is unable to be upgraded to T5-U. If I could get that upgraded I'd certainly fly it more than I do. Which is never, simply due to better options being available at that level. I'm normally a "looks first, stats second" person, but when I can fly a ship that gets scaling hull HP and extra bonuses from Mastery Tiers, that's where I tend to look towards.

Oh, sure, the Paladin can use the Ranger skin, but it can't use the console from the Ranger. Which I NEVER understood why that single console is ship locked when every other console on the TOS era ships from the AoY pack are universal and can go on any ship. Also, I can't fly the Paladin at lvl 40 so why have an under-powered ship for 10 levels when I could fly something that gets stronger AS I level. Not to mention all the event ships that can be flown at 40, even the T6 ones.

So yeah, the poor Ranger. One of the nicest looking ships in the game (to me) and it never gets used aside from claiming it for Admiralty.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    artan42 wrote: »
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    > @rattler2 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

'You're'.​​

touche ;) you're and your always mess me up along with their there and they're. But than again I don't go into threads and dismiss people because of typographical errors.
    > @jagdtier44 said:
    > I agree in principle, but there are more than a few ships that need such tweaks sadly. I would very much like to see a pass done on ships of where weapons fire from and all that good stuff.
    >
    > > @rattler2 said:
    > > azrael605 wrote: »
    > >
    > > What is a changer and paser?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I believe they mean "Changes" and "phaser".
    > >
    > > I'm not quite as bothered by the Torpedo Launcher on the Ranger, but if there's a Phaser Emitter on the bridge of the Gemini... might be a bit of an issue for targeting weapons if one is directly on the bridge. lol
    >
    > Probably, but when people leave blatant typos that my 6 year old would catch, I won't comment on their subject until they fix them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's "6-year-old" not "6 year old", If you're going to throw shade you better make sure your immaculate.

According to whom? Nobody I have ever met would write it like that.

According to proper grammar, again not a big issue but if you want to be so dismissive I would suggest being perfect when it comes to spelling and grammar
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    nor
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Not according to any English grammer I was ever taught, not in Elementary, not in High School, not in College.

See this website?

https://www.writeups.org

I have over 20 articles on this site, one of the most prolific authors on the site is Dr. Peter S. Piispanen, among his many degrees he is a Languages expert. He never said a word on such a thing. So I'll go with him thanks.

http://su-se.academia.edu/PeterPiispanen

Hmmm......cough, cough....

GRAMMAR.

Don't start arguing about spelling and grammatical errors unless you're going to proof read your own work my friend.

SulMatuul.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Is this a ship thread, or an English class? :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Exactly. Please, return to the topic and stop with the grammar critique. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Exactly. Please, return to the topic and stop with the grammar critique. Thank you.

Thank you
    There’s actually a few ships that have questionable layouts for weapons and the like.

The Nebula class has escape pods that launch right into the mission pod.

The Saratoga skin for the Miranda fires beams out of what are actually sensor pods on either sides.

Again with the Miranda variant for the Bozeman the torp launcher on the top roll bar would blow the bridge to pieces.

The Centaur class has a torpedo pod on its underslung rollbar that would blow the bottom off the saucer.

Starfleet needs to have serious conversations with their engineers I think!
    SulMatuul.png
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    The Nebula class has escape pods that launch right into the mission pod.
    A symptom of kitbashing a Galaxy model to make a new ship. Also note that on non Phoenix variant Nebulas the Shuttlebay is effectively inaccessable because of the pylon holding the mission pod.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the Ranger is that it is unable to be upgraded to T5-U. If I could get that upgraded I'd certainly fly it more than I do. Which is never, simply due to better options being available at that level. I'm normally a "looks first, stats second" person, but when I can fly a ship that gets scaling hull HP and extra bonuses from Mastery Tiers, that's where I tend to look towards.

Oh, sure, the Paladin can use the Ranger skin, but it can't use the console from the Ranger. Which I NEVER understood why that single console is ship locked when every other console on the TOS era ships from the AoY pack are universal and can go on any ship. Also, I can't fly the Paladin at lvl 40 so why have an under-powered ship for 10 levels when I could fly something that gets stronger AS I level. Not to mention all the event ships that can be flown at 40, even the T6 ones.

Yeah, I can't figure this out either, and it seems that we never got a response to questions on why it is that way. I don't even remember what the console does, but it can't be that impressive it needs to be looked to a dead-end ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    The Saratoga skin for the Miranda fires beams out of what are actually sensor pods on either sides.
    !
    For a long time I thought the pods were actually weapons.

!
    For a long time I thought the pods were actually weapons.

Same here. I also thought there were somekind of beam weapons. The same with the "Things" on the Bozeman

Another Bug with Hardpoints : The Aft Launcer of the Europa Class is not working, the torpedo leaves at the front launcher and than goes over the ship to a target behind
    Another Bug with Hardpoints : The Aft Launcer of the Europa Class is not working, the torpedo leaves at the front launcher and than goes over the ship to a target behind

I think the Vor'ral suffers from something similar. Its like the Aft launcher hardpoint is near the head on the neck of the ship.
    Talking of wonky hardpoints for torps, on the Crossfield when you shoot torps out the forward weapons then come sideways out of the saucer then do a 90 degree change to fly forwards to the target.
    SulMatuul.png
    The hardpoint is correct, but not the direction. i see the thing you discribe also
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Maybe to work with a rotating Saucer? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.