test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mirror tilly is awesome

morgenscott#7301 morgenscott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
OK.... I gotta say it, and i know, some may argue..... BUT.... I LOVE the Tilly, from the mirror Universe! Love her actions, the sarcasm, i think she is worth keeping! she is a FUN Foe, lolol. didnt care for the original Milque toast Tilly, from our universe............ but i LOVE the Mirror Universe Tilly! would LOVE to see her as a recurring Character, after the Anniversary part is over! she is a worthy, but fun Foe!

(vague title corrected) - darkbladejk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Just gonna comment...Your heading sucks. And the moderators don't like vague cliffhanger titles to threads. Just giving a friendly notification.

She'll be a recurring character. One that will get hit with the Snidely Whiplash treatment in her path to villain decay, just like T'Ket.
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Just gonna comment...Your heading sucks. And the moderators don't like vague cliffhanger titles to threads. Just giving a friendly notification.

She'll be a recurring character. One that will get hit with the Snidely Whiplash treatment in her path to villain decay, just like T'Ket.

What a way to reply to someone's first post. I enjoy Mirror Tilly, too (as well as the original Tilly!) and I hope to see more of her!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

What a way to reply to someone's first post. I enjoy Mirror Tilly, too (as well as the original Tilly!) and I hope to see more of her!

Thanks! It's nice to be appreciated for pointing things out. :)
    You'll get to see more of her, but there's no guarantee that you'll like what happens down the line.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    There's probably limits to how much we'll get to see Killy based on the availibility of Mary Wiseman.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Try to change your title to something like "I want to comment about Mirror Tilly"... incomplete titles are prohibited in the FCT, so you dont get closed (and banned after too many), besides that, yeah, i like her too!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    As everyone else pointed out, your title is vague and incomplete. Which breaks forum rules and will either be moderated by a mod changing your title for you, or a mod shutting your thread down. Being as this is your first post, likely change it if you don't.

Something more like "I love Mirror Tilly" would have been more appropriate than your title.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    C'mon guys... this forum is over moderated enough without all you guys piling on. The moderators don't need your help.

Welcome to the forum OP, ignore all the back seat mods.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited March 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Over moderated? This is the most lightly moderated online forum I have ever seen.

Hilarious.

The best part is.. I can't even explain my point of view because it will be moderated. :lol:

Either way.. no need to jump on someone making their first post.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    First off OP welcome to the insanity of the forums :D .

As for the thing with vague thread titles, there's actually reasons vague titles are prohibited. Section 21 of the FCT list.

"21) Threads with Vague or Incomplete Thread Titles

These are not helpful to forum users, as the title doesn't communicate clearly the thread topic for users to find it, serving only as "click bait" and possible forum spam. They also make moderating difficult for the same reasons and in trying to keep threads on topic, especially in cases where the original post itself is also vague.

Moderators do not have time to go through such threads, attempt to discern/decipher the OP's intent, and change the thread title to something more appropriate. They MAY do this, but they are under no obligation to do so. Original posters may be given a heads up and an opportunity to change their thread titles within a reasonable amount of time (usually 24 hours), but failure to do so may result in a thread closure."

In a nutshell aside from making the jobs of the mod team more difficult, vague threads with incomplete titles are also a behavior of spam bots. They come in, post a vague title with the thread leading into something they're trying to sell or such 95% of the time. If we have several threads with titles like "I Think..., Oh no she didn't, Why did they," and things like that, it makes it more difficult to find threads if/when an issue arises, or even perhaps for general conversational posts we find interesting and want to add our own 2 cents to.
    [
    The best part is.. I can't even explain my point of view because it will be moderated. :lol:

People are allowed to give opinions provided they keep it civil and don't flame another user or the devs in the process. 95% of the time if/when a post is hit, it's not what was said, but how the user chose to say it. With that said, let's open that can of worms another day.

As for the original post now. Mirror Tilly is indeed awesome.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I will say Mirror Tilly is much different from Tilly.

But as a female looking at her and her actions and mannerisms...I can't say I find her awesome. But that's my own opinion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Telling new posters to ignore known enforced rules is not helping the new person.

That's fair.

But replying to someone's first post saying your 'thread title sucks,' isn't helpful either.

If it's someone that's been around and is supposed to know better.. then sure.. let it fly. I have no problem with educating a new poster, I just think we can go easy on people when they're new..that's all.
    On Topic.. I agree.. we definitely need more Mirror Tilly!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There's really not much that they do. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Hm… I don’t know.

Well I agree that mirror Tilly is 5-7% less annoying than this universe Tilly but hey … that’s still 85% away from awesome. :|
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Mirror Tilly is an interesting character, turning a planet into a giant agoniser is genius
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      The walking dead on this Forum says otherwise.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      We need more Tilly! Killy-Leeta team up? :D
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
      The main reason I like Killy is because she provides us with a character that's both recurring and that comes from the shows themselves. It's why I liked the evil Leela, and I somewhat suspect they're kind of written the same way, although as we get more Killy, I think they're allowing themselves a little bit of growth with the character, and that's great.
      Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
      Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
      Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
      Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
    • bishop#7533 bishop Member Posts: 61 Arc User
      I love both Tilly's, I hope they can make an episode with Tilly and Leeta together. I think those two women will make for an exciting story.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      Mirror Leeta and Killy fighting each other for dominance, I'd buy tickets to watch that fight
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
        edited March 2019
        The main reason I like Killy is because she provides us with a character that's both recurring and that comes from the shows themselves. It's why I liked the evil Leela, and I somewhat suspect they're kind of written the same way, although as we get more Killy, I think they're allowing themselves a little bit of growth with the character, and that's great.

I'm hoping they take her character in a different direction. After all we've spent a long time with Mirror Leeta and seen that arc to a conclusion. J'ula is also playing around with DSC-themed super weapons and has similar strengths when it comes to villainy (cunning, ruthless, resourceful, adept at using personal power, ect.) as to Killy. They have different styles and ultimate motivators but the narratives should diverge more (lest beg the question of why two arcs in AoD when one would accomplish the same story telling goal but with less downtime between major plot points. The displaced Klingons at Pahvo for example could have been written as J'ula-loyal forces exploiting the MU for the same goal as Killy. [who could have still had a cameo but with the less cursed inevitable betrayal in not having to immediately fill the villain role per those episodes. Leave that hanging like the sword of Damocles over her character's continued involvement.])

Plus the only person who could do the Killy v. Leeta arc justice is P_Sutherland of mirror wars, so might as well go with something else. :tongue:
        Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
        Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
        Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
      • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
        edited March 2019
        echatty wrote: »
        I will say Mirror Tilly is much different from Tilly.

But as a female looking at her and her actions and mannerisms...I can't say I find her awesome. But that's my own opinion.

Yeah I feel you. But I understand her role. She's over-excitable to balance out the darker tone of the series.

I'd have a problem with her only if the series didn't feature strong women beside her, although even then Tilly is strong in her own right. If she was the token woman on the ship and was written like she is, that'd be a problem, but there's an array of different women filling different roles and being written uniquely. It all balances out.

Plus, I like that she doesn't have the typical acting body. We don't see many leading ladies in Trek who aren't perfectly fit. And that uniform just looks as great on her as it does anyone else. Finally Trek figured out not everyone needs to look the same!

Either way, she's a great character, and I really enjoy seeing her in the show. Was super excited to see her join STO too, and I can't wait to see where they take her!
        Also Mirror Tilly is blonde because she dyes her hair, she's a natural redhead. So still a hot redhead in command, even if she is a bit young for me these days. Frankly I'd pick Wiseman over Masterson anyway.

Masterson is still gorgeous though. Remember, she started acting as Leeta over 24 years ago, and she still rocks it today. I beg to age that gracefully.
      • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
        edited March 2019
        > @somtaawkhar said:
        >
        > Which we didn't. We stopped the Vaadwaur from committing genocide on the Kobali, and once we discovered what the Kobali were doing we made them stop.

Actually, it was only after the Vaads got desperate enough to resort to genocide.......after we helped the Kobali continue to desecrate the corpses of fallen Vaduaar soldiers.....that we supposedly asked them to stop letting the sleepers they were and are holding hostage die so they could turn the bodies into Kobali.

Fact of the matter is, if the people in those tubes were citizens of a Alliance govt, they would have been rescued by force, “Prime Directive” be damned.

It’s not like the Federation Council has a problem with genocide, they’ve either turned a blind eye to it or specifically solicited it at least twice now in canon. (DS9 and ST;D).
      • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
        The Kobali conversation is a source of arguments, not to mention derailing the thread. Stop.
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      This discussion has been closed.