test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spinning Captain in character select, spinning PoV in game

januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
Title says it all. My captains are all spinning like tops, my character select keeps pushing down to the bottom of the list. Ingame, the camera PoV keeps spinning while being locked in top down view.

What the Hell, folkts?

Comments

• januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Nevermind, problem solved...apparently, there's some degree of controller support on PC, my controller was stuck down beside my tower.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    This is amazingly funny
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! You can turn them off in Options.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This is just a comment - it's not a real helpful one, and the OP posted already a solution.

BTW I had this or a similar issue long ago (I guess I didn't see that option then?) and people didn't believe when I asked for help regarding this then.

For me it looked as if a key was "stuck" in a specific state, and I think the alt key had an effect on that phenomenon, but unsure. I think pressing alt (again?) could have helped this, at least sometimes, as if it has some effect of toggle.

Also this issue might have a linkage to trying to type in the chatbox while instead keystrokes activate things outside of chat, or vice versa (I had some issues with alt tabbing and possibly also when I tried to change language - issues such as window losing focus, and becomes smaller non maximized, around on that time the spinning occurred, BTW. I still don't know the exact reason.)

That comp was also old and already wasn't functioning very well (allegedly including graphic card and keyboard) so all bets are off in that regard though.