test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Personal Endeavors!

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    If you had done them all, you would be at 19 as of finishing today's set.

Yeah I missed a couple and I am 17, just a hair away from 18.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    If you had done them all, you would be at 19 as of finishing today's set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwK_WOXjfc0
    :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Geez, I used to think I was doing pretty well. Guess not.

Honestly, I haven't bothered much with this Personal Endeavor system. I really don't see the point in the PE system. It's just grind and power creep, or so it seems. Even the Universal Endeavor only gets my attention when the task is something I want to do, or at least could do quickly. So, I rarely do it. I don't see that changing. I'm sitting at Rank 2, or maybe 3, and that's only because the first one was the freebie they gave out to everybody. Very few of the tasks that have come up are ones I have interest in doing. Also, since I've gone back to leveling up my old Delta/Temporal Recruits, I haven't been playing any characters that can actually make progress in the system, which is a real shame.

Would it really hurt the game, or even the PE system itself, if it were opened up to all levels of play? Sure, some stuff would not be able to be accomplished by say a lvl 13 character, like some of the higher level queues, but all these damage and healing tasks could be done. As could some of the Defeat X tasks. It could make leveling seem less like a curse to some folks.

Everything these days seems geared toward endgame, when a large part of the game takes place before. Then again, I'm probably not the right type of player to talk to about that kind of thing as I enjoy leveling MUCH more than trying to do repetitive endgame stuff.

I don't know, perhaps the entire genre of MMO's just isn't for me. I have only been playing them since 2004 and I tend to solo play most of my time in game. At first they were a good way to keep in touch with friends who had moved across the country. Then I started talking with people in the games who shared similar likes. It's just a way to connect with people at times, as much as it is a game. For me anyway.

I see nothing overly bad with the system, other than the power creep. I don't wish to see it removed or nerfed, I just don't see enough value in it for it to take away from the things I enjoy doing. So for me, it's similar to PvP. I'll support it for those that do enjoy it, but I won't waste my time on it myself.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    @iamynaught I turned off the Endeavor UI completely.
    I don't worry about keeping up with every detail in this game....there is way too much to do.

I have: 7 Delta Recruits waiting in the wings to try all the low level ships I bought for Admiralty cards (I bought them I mean to fly them, gosh ding it)....those are Level 12 (waiting for Mission Journal clean up).
    4 "Fem'Hadars", Gamma Recruits...they haven't even finished their faction missions.

I need another Klingon to experience the complete level up in a M'chla BoP. First scaling ship I bought.

So, here is another player who prefer leveling up and tend to their solo game. I like DOFFing, too.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If these Endeavors are 'personal' , shouldn't we 'personally' decide which ones we can do? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Just something to note here.

If you get a Personal Endeavor, i.e. Account Endeavor, since they're the same for all your characters, like Destroy Dreadnoughts. What you kill one character does not carry over to another.

For an account based system, this is pretty bad.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Yeah, I noticed that. With all the hubbub about the number and difficulty of TFOs needed for each level of Endeavor, tonight the Hard Endeavor said to do 3 Lukari TFOs on Advanced or Elite difficulty setting. Guess they didn't clean everything up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    What's up with these bloody things?

Go kill 18 Dreadnoughts for the hard endeavour. But they don't mention that you don't always get credit for the bloody kill!
    I've killed Tactical Cubes, Voth Dreadnoughts, Bioships, Borg Queens (both TFO's), Terran ships and I'm lucky if I get credit for the kill. I've been running these bloody things for hours and I'm still no where near the 18 kills.

11/18 after several hours of running TFO's with dreadnoughts in them.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
    Well, the other night I had to kill 30 Herald Ships for the Hard Endeavor. Went into 'Midnight' and got 19. Then I went into 'Delta Flight' (I wanted the Polaric Modulator Console) and none of the Herald Ships there counted at all. I reran the first part of 'Midnight' to snag the remaining 11.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    bluejaye1 wrote: »

Go kill 18 Dreadnoughts for the hard endeavour. But they don't mention that you don't always get credit for the bloody kill!
    I've killed Tactical Cubes, Voth Dreadnoughts, Bioships, Borg Queens (both TFO's), Terran ships and I'm lucky if I get credit for the kill. I've been running these bloody things for hours and I'm still no where near the 18 kills.

This one kinda sucks..

I have found the best way to do it is in either the Terran or Undine Battlezone.. but there is a catch.

You need a lot of players grouped at one point.

In both battle zones, if a large number of players pool at one point, the Terrans/Undine start sending in Dreadnoughts like crazy. The good news, is you really only need one or two zones like this.. I got 6 of them in a matter of a couple minutes.

It's a somewhat unreliable method because it takes a lot of players, but if you can find the right situation, it's pretty easy. Usually, if I get it as the 'hard' I re-roll this one. If it's a Medium, I check the BZ and get it if I can, otherwise I just skip it. Simply put, it's a waste of your time to spend an hour+ trying to get an Endeavor, they change every 24 hours.. so if it's a pain just don't do it.
    bluejaye1 wrote: »

Truth is you need to be a very busy Adventure zone to get one of these and you need to be there no less then 1/2 hour, but it once took me as much a two hours.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Gon%27Cra_System
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    *Reads through yesterday's patch notes, notes removal of Defeat Undine (Ground) from the Personal Endeavors.

*Rerolls current Personal Endeavor (Hard).

*Notes new Personal Endeavor (Hard) : Defeat Undine (Ground)....

Ummm..fellas?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Disclaimer: patch notes may not be representative of actual gameplay.
    alexhayden wrote: »
    *Reads through yesterday's patch notes, notes removal of Defeat Undine (Ground) from the Personal Endeavors.

*Rerolls current Personal Endeavor (Hard).

*Notes new Personal Endeavor (Hard) : Defeat Undine (Ground)....

Ummm..fellas?

This one is actually fairly easy. Go do Surface Tensions, or the one where Tuvok has to mind-meld with the Undine ships. The latter being the one with the most ground kills. Not even sure why they'd want to Disable this one.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Did they actually count in that Episode? I had to defeat Herald Ships on Hard the other day. Herald Ships killed in 'Delta Flight' did not count..

My guess is that they had some internal problems with how certain Hard Endeavors counted kills.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > alexhayden wrote: »
    >
    > *Reads through yesterday's patch notes, notes removal of Defeat Undine (Ground) from the Personal Endeavors.
    >
    > *Rerolls current Personal Endeavor (Hard).
    >
    > *Notes new Personal Endeavor (Hard) : Defeat Undine (Ground)....
    >
    >
    > Ummm..fellas?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This one is actually fairly easy. Go do Surface Tensions, or the one where Tuvok has to mind-meld with the Undine ships. The latter being the one with the most ground kills. Not even sure why they'd want to Disable this one.

Gah...Mindscape. I completely forgot about the Undine in Mindscape! Thanks Trennan!
    > @trennan said:
    >
    > *Reads through yesterday's patch notes, notes removal of Defeat Undine (Ground) from the Personal Endeavors.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ummm..fellas?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This one is actually fairly easy. Go do Surface Tensions, or the one where Tuvok has to mind-meld with the Undine ships. The latter being the one with the most ground kills. Not even sure why they'd want to Disable this one.

Gah...Mindscape. I completely forgot about the Undine in Mindscape! Thanks Trennan!

No worries. Took me a couple runs at Surface Tensions to get it done. Mindscape turned out to be the better options. Generally for 30 it takes 2 runs at Surface Tensions to get there.

One could try the TFO's. But that might also take a couple runs, and they're not ones to pop readily.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited March 2019
    I reached Level 31 today. I half expected a visit from Agent Sloan.
    Df_3BpvUYAYGNCz.jpg

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    For Hearlds you need to kill frigate/raiders... nothing else counts. Just do the Gate of Gaethor (sp) que and focus on the raiders coming out of the portals.

Dont see why they needed to remove the ground Undine... just do the Ground Que that is on Barjor... Iconian or Terran rep? you go underground and kill a bunch of Undine.

For Dreadnoughts... you need to do significant dmg to those ships... if your in a high DPS group... you may not get credit cause you just dont pew pew enough.
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken, the Terran Odyssey class cruisers in the Badlands seem to count as dreadnoughts. Or maybe it was a fluke, but if not, that is one easy way to find dreadnoughts.
    edited March 2019
    I reached Level 31 today.

Same here, climbing the ladder. :lol:

congtraz to being 1/15 of the way there!

Ugg.. never did the math.. doesn't quite feel like as much of an accomplishment now. :lol:
    tigeraries wrote: »
    For Hearlds you need to kill frigate/raiders... nothing else counts. Just do the Gate of Gaethor (sp) que and focus on the raiders coming out of the portals.

Yeah, only the Raiders are currently counting. Grethor is really not a good place to get this Endeavor, it's really easiest to just play the mission 'Midnight.' It starts with a huge fight vs. the Heralds and everything you shoot actually counts. You can get even the hard endeavor in a couple minutes.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Terran Odyssey class cruisers in the Badlands seem to count as dreadnoughts. Or maybe it was a fluke, but if not, that is one easy way to find dreadnoughts.

Yes, you are correct. Both the Terran and Undine Battlezones have Dreadnoughts, the trick is to find a point with a very large group of players all working one point. They only send out the Dreads if the player group is large enough. If you can find a point in either BZ with a large group of players working that one point, it's a great place to get this endeavor.

Just a reminder, for anyone that needs an easy guide to how to get Endeavors, The DPS League has a list of the easiest ways to finish all the Endeavors. It's very useful, check it out!

Ugg.. never did the math.. doesn't quite feel like as much of an accomplishment now. :lol:

Yeah, only the Raiders are currently counting. Grethor is really not a good place to get this Endeavor, it's really easiest to just play the mission 'Midnight.' It starts with a huge fight vs. the Heralds and everything you shoot actually counts. You can get even the hard endeavor in a couple minutes.

Yes, you are correct. Both the Terran and Undine Battlezones have Dreadnoughts, the trick is to find a point with a very large group of players all working one point. They only send out the Dreads if the player group is large enough. If you can find a point in either BZ with a large group of players working that one point, it's a great place to get this endeavor.

Just a reminder, for anyone that needs an easy guide to how to get Endeavors, The DPS League has a list of the easiest ways to finish all the Endeavors. It's very useful, check it out!

When it comes to healing or regen shielding on ground, I've been going to the Nukara System. I use an ENG and drop the right kind of Turrets next to an acid pool then step in at the edge and watch the healing begin. Of course, if it is healing you need remove your shield, otherwise, keep it on for shield regen.
    Last night I got a Trifecta for Easy, Advanced, and Hard. Phaser Ground, Tetryon Ground, and Dewan Anthropods. My Discovery Character uses Dual Terran Phaser Pistols and the Tzen'kethi Retrofit Assault Cannon (Tetryon). Alex, What is Nimbus III? For the win.

When I do a reroll, it seems I have to do three or four to get a Hard to something manageable in a short window. I think I am in the low 20s at best. If I don't have the time to run any one of the Endeavors I will skip it.

I am going to miss that 'Defeat Captains - 10 Waves' Foundry Mission. :(
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited March 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Last night I got a Trifecta for Easy, Advanced, and Hard. Phaser Ground, Tetryon Ground, and Dewan Anthropods. My Discovery Character uses Dual Terran Phaser Pistols and the Tzen'kethi Retrofit Assault Cannon (Tetryon). Alex, What is Nimbus III? For the win.

When I do a reroll, it seems I have to do three or four to get a Hard to something manageable in a short window. I think I am in the low 20s at best. If I don't have the time to run any one of the Endeavors I will skip it.

I am going to miss that 'Defeat Captains - 10 Waves' Foundry Mission. :(

HEAR! HEAR!

I wish The DEVS would create a simple to use, at The Academy for use on Holodeck 2, Combat Readiness Program.

To activate, you select one of three ground maps, Fed Ship Deck, Klingon Ship Deck, or a Class M planet surface. You then select a faction to fight ( this will only need to be updated as new factions are added ) select easy, normal or hard for 40 to 400 enemies/combatants. Then finally, you select your away team as normal for any Away Mission.

You should even be able to fight your own faction to help with the acquisition of many old Accolade no longer available due to the re-Mastered Mission Sets.

Anyway, it's nice to wish, but this won't happen since we have a salad spinner to skip non-preferred Endeavors. Which is not bad, when you think about it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    > @trennan said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ummm..fellas?
    >

No worries. Took me a couple runs at Surface Tensions to get it done. Mindscape turned out to be the better options. Generally for 30 it takes 2 runs at Surface Tensions to get there.

One could try the TFO's. But that might also take a couple runs, and they're not ones to pop readily.
    Yeah the point of endeavors is to make the player go do stuff. If you don't know where to go do the stuff, that's part of the reason the endeavor exists.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Strange one today. Last night at about 2300 EDT, I finished the Personal Endeavors for that day. Just had the Universal to do. This morning at 0930 EDT, I had new Personal Endeavors. I did the Universal and Easy, figuring I'd do Medium and Hard after Maintenance.

After Maintenance I had all three totally new Endeavors. They must have been reset by Maintenance.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

I just had a look at the listed options for Defeating Terrans and the entire The Future Proof Missioin arc does not offer Terrans to fight in each and every mission. The missions with ground Terrans to fight are the last two. Mission: Temporal Reckoning offers a small handful of Terrans, but Mission: Ragnarok offers many more.

The Cardie arc offers a few Terrans to defeat in Jabberwocky but I think you'll need to repeat it a few times reach even the minimum.

Question: Does anyone know if Discovey Terrans count as TOS/DS9 Terrans do for these types of Endeavors? It would be great if they did.

Yes, when the last Featured TFO was up, the slaughter of them there did count. That will be back as a regular TFO probably after the current Featured TFO is over.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Ever E I need to do today I could do on Nukara Prime. :p