test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's happening with old events like Crystalline Cataclysm, Mirror Invasion, and Unto the Breach?

frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
The announcement of the new event Peril Over Pahvo caught me a bit by surprise. It made me wonder about Cryptic's plan for the old events:
  • Crystalline Cataclysm
  • Mirror Invasion
  • Unto the Breach
Are they being retired in favor of these new featured TFOs? What about the old event tokens:
  • Crystal Shard
  • Multidimensional Transporter Device
  • Voth Operative Transmission
Are these being retired in favor of Featured TFO Commendations? What will happen to old event projects? Will they be changed to take Featured TFO Commendations instead of the old event tokens?
Waiting for a programmer ...
qVpg1km.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It could be they were being retired, or it could be a method of them reworking an developing the older stf events further. I mean if we have three or four new event stfs for this year an even next year, that would give them atleast a full year to develop/rework the older stf event further (how they work, and the rewards they give.).

Honestly if they do keep the old events, and switch off doing the events between them from year to year. Than switching the tokens used to finish the projects to a universal commendation would allow you to use excess commendations in the same year for the other event reward's project.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Nothing that I know of
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    dont the old events just tend to be cyclical? I'm sure we will still see Cataclysm and all them again. Cryptic loves grinding events. Pretty much have one every other month.
This discussion has been closed.