test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WAR against PvP?

voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2019 in PvP Gameplay
A friend of mine was BANNED for 48 hours for blowing up someone on KER'RAT PvP war zone!!

The story started as any normal day on KER'RAT. flying and any RED=DEAD. 1 KDF was attacked by 4 FED and the KDF blow up one guy. than this crybaby wrote on zone: "you are reported". few hours after the KDF was forcefully logged out and account suspended..
Chat to SUPPORT.
Reply:

(private correspondence redacted) - darkbladejk

1.Its not indicated on anyone that the actual "victim,prey" is in a progress of any tutorial.
2.How can a low level player (who was actually lvl65) enter to the instance of more skilled players who just want to play and blow the hell out of every target able thing?
3.How dare a player shoot on another player on a dedicated PvP war zone?

(flame/troll comment redacted) - darkbladejk

5. Is this company want to destroy PvP 100%?
6. Now i can also report and make banned anyone who kills me because he or she was better player??

Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i don't think the reason is the ker'rat match. the report could have triggered an investigation ...
  • voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    garaks31 wrote: »
    i don't think the reason is the ker'rat match. the report could have triggered an investigation ...

No. The guy who reported said after that "nobody let me to finish my tutorial here" yet he attacked the KDF who got the ban.
    How can you "Preventing new players from finishing the tutorial" otherwise in STO? the banned guy only plays KER'RAT.
    And there was no investigation. 2 hours after the report boom,BAN.

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Eh..Chalk it up to Cryptic..being Cryptic.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

LOL this is why you only target those not shooting at Borg Cubes..Towards the Outside of Kerrat...You can tel who is there to fight other players.
    Than whats the point of KER'RAT. It is not my job to observe and figure out who is doing tutorial on a crowded map. If Preventing new players from finishing the tutorial is a violation of Perfect World Entertainment’s terms of service they must design the map related to the tutorial to prevent this. And not punish the players who doing what the actual map is dedicated for "killing other players and NPCs" am i right?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    This game has no PvP.

If you accept it like it is,it will never have. and its kinda stupid not fixing PvP cause the competitiveness between players would force them to buy more stuff from Z-store to be the best.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    This game has no PvP.

If you accept it like it is,it will never have. and its kinda stupid not fixing PvP cause the competitiveness between players would force them to buy more stuff from Z-store to be the best.

First, I would not join PvP if someone was forcing me to buy more stuff from the C-Store. I would not want to be the best but to play as I want to play. Also, coldnapalm and others are seeing this realistically and not necessarily with the same degree of optimism that you have for PvP being brought back to a better place in STO. Many of them were around that time when PvP was more of a thing than it is now.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Since it's a 48-hour suspension, I suggest that you just wait it out. If you don't want to wait, I suggest that you post to the STO subreddit and tag /u/ambassadorkael:

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/

Say the following:
    Another player reported me for blowing him up in Ker'rat. I was given a 48-hour suspension for "Violation: Preventing new players from finishing the tutorial". Ker'rat is a PvP zone. That tutorial mission sends new players to Ker'rat to introduce them to the zone. In fact, I'm pretty sure the tutorial mission is specifically tagged as PvP. Do the customer support staff at PWE not know what Ker'rat is?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    sthe91 wrote: »
    This game has no PvP.

First, I would not join PvP if someone was forcing me to buy more stuff from the C-Store. I would not want to be the best but to play as I want to play. Also, coldnapalm and others are seeing this realistically and not necessarily with the same degree of optimism that you have for PvP being brought back to a better place in STO. Many of them were around that time when PvP was more of a thing than it is now.

Most people buys every in game stuff just to have it and kill NPCs over and over. real PvP-ers go even farther to have pay2win stuff
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    There is a tutorial introduction mission available from K7 that takes place on this map. If you enter the map to only kill other players without trying to play the mission goals. Destroying the Borg thingies, you get kicked/banned for interfering with players that are attempting to complete the mission objectives on the map.

In short, entering the map just to kill is a no no. You're suppose to play it for the mission objective, destroying one another is fine as long as you play the mission.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    I'm going to insist on taking this up with Customer Service as there's nothing we can do here on the forums. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.