test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Vaughan (including a question about disconnect grace period)

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
I hope I got your name right. We met yesterday in a Pahvo PUG. It was a good run, nothing out of the order, but very smooth with a 2-2-1 split and all three lines progressing. As it's wont to be, in the end all five of us were in the 1-guy-line shooting at hapless terrans waiting for the timer to run out, then beam back to the spire only to see you're gone. It was obvious you didn't drop out, because why would you after 7 or so minutes of constructive participation?

Just when we were gearing up for the final assault we saw you come back - and immediately map move out, as we all once have. Shortly thereafter there was a replacement (no fault of their own, you join, you land where the game takes you) who had the decency to not even move or shoot during the final battle but they got your rewards. Either way, your participation was appreciated and if you still needed the daily thingamajig I hope you got it later.

'twas a bit annoying to see one good player drop out and an AFK player swoop in and reap the rewards though. It's not their fault they ended up in a ongoing run, but if you're already at the final battle, why not press "1" or "2" a couple times? Not that it was needed in any way, just to keep up appearances.

Which leads to the question: does anybody know what the grace period is where you will still return to your proper run after a disconnect? I understand that it cannot be too long because these runs aren't too long in the first place. But it was strange to see the correct player return and immediately get kicked out. Why don't they get back in if nobody else took their place in the meantime?
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hey.

From what I experienced so far event maps are treated differently than regular pve maps.

While on event maps replacements enter rather soon on regular maps there seem to be none at the moment. In the second case the same team mate can re-enter a map for as long as it is held active by the rest of the team playing it and by doing so until either the overall mission timer or the brief reward timer at completion elapses.

The system still seems to be unable to differentiate disconnects from toon hops enabling the participation in multiple maps at the same time by the same account.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Happened to me a few times, the system flags you and cannot go back, ussuallywhen the internet drops or the client crash.. so you get a different ID and the game kiks you out of the queue… so yeah, frustrating… sorry to hear that...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.