test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Discuss Ground Builds....Kit Modules and their uses.

1234568»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    OH...and has ANYONE tried the Echo Papa Drone since they fixed it??? I think I had a convo with some folks over in the Patch notes thread....but I can't remember if it got here.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Echo_Papa_607_Drone_System

What was supposed to be fixed?

It was that "Can't run" thing....
    Systems:
    Resolved an issue that when using the Echo Papa 607 Drone System, it stopped the player from being able to run.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11097343

That was indeed fixed. Had to search for a bit, had the EP607 on a different character than i thought.
    It's not a bad module. Observed the drone from a sanctuary as it progressed from Mk1 till Mk3 fighting borg in ortha.

Like the TOS style drones from K13 better though, but i guess that's the difference between lockbox and fleet gear.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    OH...and has ANYONE tried the Echo Papa Drone since they fixed it??? I think I had a convo with some folks over in the Patch notes thread....but I can't remember if it got here.

I never stopped using it. It's still good. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

I never stopped using it. It's still good. :p

LOL! OK, Mark. :) Everyone else: YOU CAN RUN while the EP607 Drone is deployed, now.

(Uh...everyone knows that EP = Echo Papa, right?)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    no, people know that EP = executive producer - that's why it's abbreviated EP607​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    It was a rhetorical question.

I used that abbreviation. I also, spelled out the EP as Echo Papa.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Can anyone recommend what's actually decent for a science captain?

I'm kinda stuck with my rom-fed sci captain that I made/leveled way back when, he's got a lot of good stuff, but I never did like the abilities they're given. I tend to prefer engineering captains when it comes to ground kits.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Can anyone recommend what's actually decent for a science captain?

I'm kinda stuck with my rom-fed sci captain that I made/leveled way back when, he's got a lot of good stuff, but I never did like the abilities they're given. I tend to prefer engineering captains when it comes to ground kits.

Go to page 5 look for my post that a very strong science.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
    Been busy doing Foundry missions, ahead of the shut down. I have to tell you....LOTS of ground segments to missions going on in them.

I am finding the newish WW Fek'lrhi modules does not work too well. I can not seem to get my character in the proper position in a timely manner to use that Death Spinner from the last lockbox to even activate! Agony Turrets, though, work like a charm.

I am still hesitant to use the EP607 Drone. I should try my Tac....I been using my Engineer Ferasan, since I have him in the new ships I wanted to try. Like the M'chla. S'torr not so much.

Been busy doing Foundry missions, ahead of the shut down. I have to tell you....LOTS of ground segments to missions going on in them.

I am finding the newish WW Fek'lrhi modules does not work too well. I can not seem to get my character in the proper position in a timely manner to use that Death Spinner from the last lockbox to even activate! Agony Turrets, though, work like a charm.

I am still hesitant to use the EP607 Drone. I should try my Tac....I been using my Engineer Ferasan, since I have him in the new ships I wanted to try. Like the M'chla. S'torr not so much.

Don't have a problem with the death spinner, but that's probably because i tend to use ninja builds. Lot's of stealth and placate.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Don't have a problem with the death spinner, but that's probably because i tend to use ninja builds. Lot's of stealth and placate.

Well, I can't figure out how it is working. Because it only lights up for a second...most of the time it is inactive. And I can not tell why??

Well, I can't figure out how it is working. Because it only lights up for a second...most of the time it is inactive. And I can not tell why??

Range and direct line of sight. It lights up when target is between 3-5 meters distance and there are no obstacles in the way.