test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Leaver Penalty has got to go...

2»

Comments

• viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    In other words, the school bullies of STO.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    If I leave a queue, I accept the penalty, so generally don't bother with trying to game it.

But, it seems to me that if there is a loophole that switching characters doesn't apply the penalty, why don't the folks complaining about the penalty AFTER others leave the queue simply switching characters, as well?

Second, except for the handful of queues that cannot be finished without a certain number of players due to the mechanics, if three players do not have sufficient fire power to complete the queue, you either need to fix your build or reconsider the difficulty level you've selected - or more than likely, both.

There should be a penalty although the mechanics need to be fixed to close loopholes and eliminate penalties for players who've been abandoned. Both the AFK penalty and the leaver penalty need to be evaluated together to create a more balanced carrot-and-stick.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Sorry to say op but if you're going to PUG a TFO you need go into these expecting to carry the other 4 players.

Never expect a PUG to be filled with players that are skilled, geared or have the grasp of the TFO's objectives to complete.

Leaver penalty is fine, you just got beaten bad by the PUG stick.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    As far as I know, none of these people ever got an afk penalty.

How would you know if they did? How would you know if they don't? You may make reasonable assumptions about it, but unless you're close friends with some of these people, you wouldn't know. So drawing consequences from this non knowledge isn't more than guesswork. Which is fine, but please just say that it is.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    All right, everybody calm the hell down and quit the personal attacks. If I have to come back here again I'm locking the thread and issuing warnings.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    As there are no plans for the leaver penalty to go anywhere, and this is just becoming an argument... /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.