test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't I use my new leveling ship?

badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Federation Discussion
Just made a new character, to try the new character creator, plenty of problems there buts that's a discussion for a different thread. I skipped the tutorial (perhaps that was my mistake) and tried to acquire the Shran class, you know to use it as my new ship, for levelling. It's stuck in the Tier 6 section and unavailable because I don't meet the criteria to use it. It's supposed to be a ship a character can use from the first mission to the end of the game. So why in the name of all nine TRIBBLE is it stuck in the tier 6 section and unavailable?

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    What faction/starting experience is the character? If it's TOS or Discovery, you likely need to get to the 25th century (as the game seems to consider 23rd century as part of the tutorial), and for Romulans you need to have gone through the first few missions and selected an alliance.

Other things to check: Make sure you have open ship slots and that you haven't claimed the ship already. I just tried on a level 18 Fed Romulan, and selecting the Tier 6 option in the Shipyard showed only the Gagarin and Shran, but claiming the Gagarin (haven't purchased the Shran) made the Gagarin disappear from the list.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    It was a brand new character, I tried TOS first and could've claimed the Walker class (Discovery era) cruiser. The Shran class was in Tier 6. Not selectable. I thought it might of been because it WAS the TOS era, so I tried a 25th century character. Same thing Walker class available. Shran class, Tier 6, not selectable. I'll try again, going through the tutorial this time, see what happens.
  • mrknify#3483 mrknify Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    T6 vessels are not accessible until lvl 50. Try making a jem'hadr (lvl 60 base) complete the base missions, choose federation then pick your ship.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    T6 vessels are not accessible until lvl 50. Try making a jem'hadr (lvl 60 base) complete the base missions, choose federation then pick your ship.

See that's the problem the OP is having though. The Shran and Gagarin are meant to be leveling ships, like the Walker prototype, accessible and usable from lvl 1. Or at least, once the tutorial was completed. That was a main selling point to these ships.

To the OP, try claiming the ships from the CStore. It's a problem I've heard others have had before, though not with these ships. Not being able to get them from the shipyard definitely sounds like a bug, or at the very least an oversight.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    It was a brand new character, I tried TOS first and could've claimed the Walker class (Discovery era) cruiser. The Shran class was in Tier 6. Not selectable. I thought it might of been because it WAS the TOS era, so I tried a 25th century character. Same thing Walker class available. Shran class, Tier 6, not selectable. I'll try again, going through the tutorial this time, see what happens.

I played around with some fresh chars (character creation still slow and stutters :/ )
    On a 25th Century char, I skipped the mission tutorial, but had to do the mission [Tutorial] that had me running around the Academy to collect some gear before it'd let me claim the Gagarin at level 2.

Neither TOS or Disc characters let me claim while in the 23rd Century, which makes sense, given that the ship is a 25C ship even if it does have a 23C model that can be selected.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

See that's the problem the OP is having though. The Shran and Gagarin are meant to be leveling ships, like the Walker prototype, accessible and usable from lvl 1. Or at least, once the tutorial was completed. That was a main selling point to these ships.
    That's my point exactly. These ships were sold as leveling ships. What's the point of a leveling ship, usable from tier 1, that's not available until tier 6/level 50? You know, when you're pretty much finished the game.
    To the OP, try claiming the ships from the CStore. It's a problem I've heard others have had before, though not with these ships. Not being able to get them from the shipyard definitely sounds like a bug, or at the very least an oversight.

I tried the Cstore, the ships are in tier 6, my level 4 character doesn't meet the requirements to acquire a tier 6 ship.

Should also mention I didn't buy the bundle, just the Shran. Perhaps that made the difference.

• jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    You need to purchase the ' Bundle ' not the individual ships. The back end flagging on the server is different, given as a ' promotion reward ' instead of traditional purchase. You need to claim through the C-Store.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I also have this issue but a little bit differently. In my case I was able to level the walker class up, until I ranked to captain and then it just stopped. There was no choice to level it up any further. Thanks for the tip i will try and reclaim it from the C-store now that I an rear admiral upper half.
    1kltX02.jpg
    xsi1e wrote: »

I also have this issue but a little bit differently. In my case I was able to level the walker class up, until I ranked to captain and then it just stopped. There was no choice to level it up any further. Thanks for the tip i will try and reclaim it from the C-store now that I an rear admiral upper half.

The Walker class in the Starter Pack does not scale to end game capabilities, as they had already released a T6 version in the Lobi store (also in the Exchange, sold by users that bought it in the Lobi store) and didn't want to cut into the sales of more premium ship. You can use the Starter Pack Walker, if you equip and fly it well, but you'll have to work harder at it than a proper Tier 6 ship.