test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you start the Kobali arc?

littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
I kept seeing the Kobali arc listed in the available missions, and I had been out of the game for a bit of time during its introduction, so I finally had some time and decided I would try playing it. So, I "started" it, and I was told to go to Kobali Prime.

I can't seem to get there. I go there and it just allows me to pass right by the planet or system, and I can't enter it. Is there something I'm missing that the mission process doesn't explain?
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Personally I would prefer to skip the Kobali Battle Zone in its entirety. Really hate having to slog through this portion!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    you probably have to skip all the missions before it - at least in the delta quad arc.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Can you transwarp to the mission start? Transwarps are free now (not sure if you noticed that since you said you just came back)

Also, Kobali Prime is sometimes hiding behind the sun. Try slowing down and flying right up to Kobali. Even without the mission you should be able to enter the system.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I think I have this same problem on many characters, no way to start them due to skipping missions, so effectively locked out of the battlezone too.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I've tried everything. The previous missions are completed, yet I still can't get the mission going, even though it's actually active on my screen. I just have zero way of getting to where the mission starts.
    Have you skipped ALL other missions in all the story arcs prior to it?

Are you a Jem Hadar? If so have you done the Gamma missions?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you want to get there just to do the replays of the two Missions near the end of Act III that award the Elite Marks, pick up 'Out Last Chance for Peace' rerun and DON'T run it. It only awards a few paltry XP and Expertise. Use it to get your free Transwarp to Kobali all the time.

You can only pick up the reruns of these from the Console outside General Q'Nels building, not from your Mission UI.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

I'm a fed human. Just can't seem to start the missions beyond getting them (can't get to the planet itself).
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you want to get there just to do the replays of the two Missions near the end of Act III that award the Elite Marks, pick up 'Out Last Chance for Peace' rerun and DON'T run it. It only awards a few paltry XP and Expertise. Use it to get your free Transwarp to Kobali all the time.

You can only pick up the reruns of these from the Console outside General Q'Nels building, not from your Mission UI.

And where is that building? Cause I can't go down to the planet, so is it somewhere else I just don't know about?

And where is that building? Cause I can't go down to the planet, so is it somewhere else I just don't know about?

He misunderstood your question. That's down on Kobali to replay the Kobali missions.

Sometimes there are problems with missions due to the mission arc revamp they recently did.
    It destroyed new romulus for my disco and jem.

I would go through each mission arc prior to Delta quad (and delta quad) and make sure I have completed or skipped every single mission - especially including those new TFO missions.

Then if you fly to the Kobali planet (not the star) and get no option to enter system then I would submit a bug.

One other idea is to get a friend to go down to Kobali and have you join their mission. Not sure if it would work but it's an idea.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    You need to play "skip" all missions to get to the delta quad. No problems with my JHD getting there... just need to skip and play the non skippable stuff or watch those cut scenes.

TFO intro missions need to be skipped, those can lock you out.

Need to go to DS9 to initiate the Cardassian arc.

Need to go to ESD to initiate the Borg arc.

Need to go to New Rom to initiate New Rom... no way to skip movie.

Then you need to go thru Solane Dyson... forced talks with npcs some cut scenes can not be skipped. I would recommend you do em all to open up Voth & Undine BZs.

After Solane is the Delta Quad. 1st mission is req. then you can skip all the way to Voth BZ. Only way to get to the last missions for elite marks is to play thru all missions from Act 1 to Act 3.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    How do I start it? With a few rails of warp dust to snort. Because I need something strong to get through the Delta Arc and Kobalistan dross. :p
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Or you can just use Dust to Dust.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

I'm a fed human. Just can't seem to start the missions beyond getting them (can't get to the planet itself).

Transwarp to the Delta Quadrant, open sector map, autotravel to Kobali Prime, enter system, and beam down.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited March 2019
    trennan wrote: »

Transwarp to the Delta Quadrant, open sector map, autotravel to Kobali Prime, enter system, and beam down.

Again, I get to the planet and it just stares at me. NO ability to beam down because it just stares at me. I tried staring back but it just kept staring, and I felt kind of nervous, like one does when someone beats them at a staring contest.

As some people have suggested in this thread, when I get time this weekend, I'll try going through all my missions to see if I can get it started somehow. Part of me is wondering if somehow I have an old mission still in my queue that doesn't exist any more causing problems (that happened to me with another arc earlier as I hadn't signed in for some time and all of my missions are really screwed up right now). I did manage to get to do the Jem'Hadar take over DS9 with Loriss missions, and that was a lot of fun, but for some reason I just couldn't figure out WHERE in the mission arc that series of missions fell (is it after Victory is Life, which I suspect because one of the npcs uses that phrase as a joke?).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Again, I get to the planet and it just stares at me. NO ability to beam down because it just stares at me.

You either skipped something, did not play thru it or failed to talk to the npc to continue thru that mission to clear/finish it. Be sure to collect the reward to clear mission off in progress mission list.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Again, I get to the planet and it just stares at me. NO ability to beam down because it just stares at me.

You either skipped something, did not play thru it or failed to talk to the npc to continue thru that mission to clear/finish it. Be sure to collect the reward to clear mission off in progress mission list.
    tigeraries wrote: »

Thinking on this, it may just be he needs to skip the Delta TFO one. But, yeah, there's a precursor espisode here blocking progress.

If that's not it. The best I can say is to team with someone, and see if they can team transfer you to the planet.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I recently went through this entire rigamarole with my Discovery Character. Once you get to the Delta Arc you need to run the first Mission which is a throwaway and is not repeatable. You can then skip your way to 'The Kobali Front' and there you go.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I recently went through this entire rigamarole with my Discovery Character. Once you get to the Delta Arc you need to run the first Mission which is a throwaway and is not repeatable. You can then skip your way to 'The Kobali Front' and there you go.

You know, I think I went through the same thing the same way.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • redrum1#7546 redrum1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I also cannot start the Solanea dyson arc /spheres of influence. I figure I have to go back and do the romulan missions
This discussion has been closed.