test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi Battlezone

12346»

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Was in there yesterday for an endeavour, I was all alone in there, couldn't find any ships to kill, then suddenly my ship warped out and warped back in, right into the middle of a furball with lots of other players, got the endeavour, but still have no idea WTF happened to cause me to warp out and back in like that.

It sounds like the instance you were in was deserted for too long or crashed and the load balancer dumped you into a livelier instance.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ktbu#5082 wrote: »
    The zone is ugly... compared to the other zones it is exactly the same play as dyson and terran and they look nicer.

It is boring... how many zones do you need that play the exact same way?

Scrap it... nobody plays it because it is too hard for the majority of players to figure out that you need to attack the front shields and by the time they do figure it out they realize their ship build are too weak to survive the battle anyway :pensive:

IMO just delete it. There is nothing that you can do that will get me to play it. The terran zone, dyson and squid zone is enough. Create something new, something different. Sometimes you just have to admit that you F-uped and start over.

Actually disagree with most of this... Its is highly doable unlike the Gamma zone.

IMO the best model is Voth>terran >tzenkethi with Gamma being the worst. The few times I have been to Gamma for endeavors I just used the tokens to do something else. I think Gamma needs a re-design faster than Tzenkethi does IMO​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well thanks to the Uni Endeavor we just completed the whole zone. Some interesting points:
    1. The end timer for the 3x dreadnoughts is just way too short. It takes time to knock down their shields, kill thme and move on to the next. All whilst getting hammered by Tzenkethi torp spreads and artillery. It's a tough time to beat and a couple of extra mins would be all that's needed.
    2. The Asteroid mining point has some funky visual bugs whereby the layer of "dust" blocks visuals of both enemy ships and weapon effects. This includes the tractor beams needed to move the rocks, so it's impossible to fight something above/below whilst on the other side as you have no idea what the hell is going on most of the time.
    3. Sometimes the asteroids just don't move, regardless of you being the only one "pushing" on them. They seem to bug out for no reason.
    4. The point where you must hold the area near the single pylon (not the 3x blockade one) is just a MASSIVE VISUAL SPAM MESS!! Jesus Cryptic, you need to see the mess that you get there in a big fight; it looks absolutely terrible, like a shonky Japanese anime show.
    5. The 3x blockade point is actually pretty easy, even with only 2 players. You just need to keep circling and shooting down a cruiser every few secs.
    6. Recapture speeds are still ludicrous and need to be seriously nerfed. If it wasn't for the fact we had a full instance and a few fast ships flying round we'd literally never get the whole place. Honestly, unless you have a full instance (or a very coordinated team) this is the biggest problem you will face. People will and do just loose interest after it becomes clear it's impossible.

I think it looks spectacular and the mechanics of the map as a whole are all there. They just need to seriously tweak the spawn rates of enemies and recapture rates, and change a few timers. It could be really good, it just becomes impossible without the whole playerbase camped out there to control the zone.
    SulMatuul.png
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Well thanks to the Uni Endeavor we just completed the whole zone. Some interesting points:
    1. The end timer for the 3x dreadnoughts is just way too short. It takes time to knock down their shields, kill thme and move on to the next. All whilst getting hammered by Tzenkethi torp spreads and artillery. It's a tough time to beat and a couple of extra mins would be all that's needed.
    2. The Asteroid mining point has some funky visual bugs whereby the layer of "dust" blocks visuals of both enemy ships and weapon effects. This includes the tractor beams needed to move the rocks, so it's impossible to fight something above/below whilst on the other side as you have no idea what the hell is going on most of the time.
    3. Sometimes the asteroids just don't move, regardless of you being the only one "pushing" on them. They seem to bug out for no reason.
    4. The point where you must hold the area near the single pylon (not the 3x blockade one) is just a MASSIVE VISUAL SPAM MESS!! Jesus Cryptic, you need to see the mess that you get there in a big fight; it looks absolutely terrible, like a shonky Japanese anime show.
    5. The 3x blockade point is actually pretty easy, even with only 2 players. You just need to keep circling and shooting down a cruiser every few secs.
    6. Recapture speeds are still ludicrous and need to be seriously nerfed. If it wasn't for the fact we had a full instance and a few fast ships flying round we'd literally never get the whole place. Honestly, unless you have a full instance (or a very coordinated team) this is the biggest problem you will face. People will and do just loose interest after it becomes clear it's impossible.

I think it looks spectacular and the mechanics of the map as a whole are all there. They just need to seriously tweak the spawn rates of enemies and recapture rates, and change a few timers. It could be really good, it just becomes impossible without the whole playerbase camped out there to control the zone.

This!

I absolutely agree, and would like to add, vision and the ability to interact with things is indeed not ideal: in the Asteroid Tow area the static interference makes it very difficult to see what is going on, and the asteroids seem difficult to "trigger". I had to bump into one to be able to interact with it. A similar problem exists for the Blockade Array - it's easy to see, but I had to fly into the "antenna mast", then quickly go to dead stop to 'Enable Array.'
    Stuttering frame rates are a problem for me in all BZs, I can't tell if the Tzenkethi zone is worse than the others...

Minor gripe: During the first phases of the BZ, the shielded dreadnoughts were able to fire at players, while the players were unable to hit them. Auto-targeting also tried to make me attack the shielded dreadnought, which is not good if you don't know that the dreadnoughts are invulnerable until their shield drops. Regardless of what the HUD is telling you.

Last but not least, I think word needs to get out more that Gravity Well is not a good option against Tzenkethi.
    Last but not least, I think word needs to get out more that Gravity Well is not a good option against Tzenkethi.

Gravity Well is fine to use here IF you know what you're doing and can use it as an area denial tool.
    If you see a fleet of Tzek ships coming at a point then pining them down out of weapon range and outside of the point with a GW is a valid tactic.
    It's the silly people dropping one in the center of the massive fights and creating an invincible monster that causes the biggest problems.

SulMatuul.png
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    ktbu#5082 wrote: »
    The zone is ugly... compared to the other zones it is exactly the same play as dyson and terran and they look nicer.

It is boring... how many zones do you need that play the exact same way?

Scrap it... nobody plays it because it is too hard for the majority of players to figure out that you need to attack the front shields and by the time they do figure it out they realize their ship build are too weak to survive the battle anyway :pensive:

IMO just delete it. There is nothing that you can do that will get me to play it. The terran zone, dyson and squid zone is enough. Create something new, something different. Sometimes you just have to admit that you F-uped and start over.

Actually disagree with most of this... Its is highly doable unlike the Gamma zone.

IMO the best model is Voth>terran >tzenkethi with Gamma being the worst. The few times I have been to Gamma for endeavors I just used the tokens to do something else. I think Gamma needs a re-design faster than Tzenkethi does IMO​​

Gamma is doable. IT just requires people to work on it. Since you have to complete all three zones in the time limit. What hurts this, is there's nothing else in gamma to draw people to it. The rewards for it are decent, and they do get better the more you participate. But, when you look at the other zones, there's nothing in Gamma to draw people there, No social zone or anything else, just the episodes and the bz.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019

While these are all excellent suggestions, I think you can take the fact that this thread as been 'unsticked' to let it drop off the page as an indication that they're not planning any further work on this zone.

Simply put, they have given up and the zone will continue to see life only when it's the focus of a universal endeavor.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Yes, a pity. I really enjoyed my run through there yesterday.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I went in there today for the Hard Endeavor (kill 30 Tzen'kethi Ships). Helped to retake an area and then went to the Dreadnoughts. This was the first time I ever got the three Protomatter Containers. Tier IV Rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

While these are all excellent suggestions, I think you can take the fact that this thread as been 'unsticked' to let it drop off the page as an indication that they're not planning any further work on this zone.

Simply put, they have given up and the zone will continue to see life only when it's the focus of a universal endeavor.

You may be right. They did do something recently. It just wasn't enough to really fix the problems. Every other frigging Space Battle Zone is doable just fine if you just PuG into it. It doesn't matter what time you go into the Undine or Terran Battlezone, you find people working on it and see it finished. With the Tzenkethi Zone, you just see points completed, and then another point flip back before anyone could do about it, and after seeing that three or four times it's time to give up and do something more fruitful, like visiting the tailor or something.

@ambassadorkael#6946, please remember to relay the information things aren't really good yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2019

Gravity Well is fine to use here IF you know what you're doing and can use it as an area denial tool.
    If you see a fleet of Tzek ships coming at a point then pining them down out of weapon range and outside of the point with a GW is a valid tactic.
    It's the silly people dropping one in the center of the massive fights and creating an invincible monster that causes the biggest problems.

On this, the use of Grav well it a good tactic. Even when dropping them in massive fights, and in the point zone itself. While it can create invincible targets, the trick here is to tab target though the enemies. Then make your primary targets of this the Cruisers, which are the ones doing the buffing.

After this, it shooting ducks in a barrel.

Another sound tactic is TBR and drains, especially for their shields. This makes the Tzen rather squishy, which actually makes Target Subsystem Shield pretty useful.

But, in all cases, the cruisers die first. This way, the invincibility it removed at the start of the fight.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.