test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to see the discovery saurian added to STO

nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
I myself have never been a fan of the saurian look as a result i have zero on any of my characters, however i do love the updated design of them in discovery..
292?cb=20190214023857&path-prefix=en
my question to the community is would you like to see cryptic add this as a option for saurians?
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Would you like to see the discovery saurian added to STO 58 votes

Yes
62%
garaks31daboholicbaddmoonrizingaevsmanjonsillshippiejonhawku001xmustrumridcully0angarus1sheldonlcooperbloodyrizazrael605tousseaurattler2seaofsorrowspeterconnorfirstantiquesroadshowneoakiraiikhan5000crm14916 36 votes
No
10%
trygvar13joeykoricbaronvonboomdoctorstegidikironiumjohnchrighton 6 votes
Not botherd either way
27%
eazzieltminnsspacehermitvendoodthay8472ioneontheraven2378tyler002davefenestratorwarpangeltm706majorcharvenaksthe91jamieblanchardslifox#0768mico789#3840 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It looks like an updated, modern make up version of a Sleestak.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think it's a no-brainer that the DSC looks for Saurians, next to Tellarites, Andorians, Klingons (already in-game) and whatever else they change will be in STO at some point.

I particularly look forward to DSC 'rites and cudgel melee weapons pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    Yes
    DISCO Saurians are on their way, along with Andorians, Tellarites, and Klingons.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes the current saurian model is decent enough of the 1979 make up but still it was 1979 make-up for a backround character so it's quite simple. the Discovery make up is more or less a direct upgrade of that.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Since the current poll is limited to three options that doesn't cover "Other", this is my answer:
    Replace the current Saurian model on STO with DSC standard Saurian. Not as an addition, but as a complete replacement.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Since the current poll is limited to three options that doesn't cover "Other", this is my answer:
    Replace the current Saurian model on STO with DSC standard Saurian. Not as an addition, but as a complete replacement.

Wow, what a terrible idea.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not botherd either way
    I wouldn't use them anyway but OK for others who want them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Are you going to elaborate some point before i die of old age? It should go without saying and yet i have to tell you this...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Are you going to elaborate some point before i die of old age? It should go without saying and yet i have to tell you this...

It's pretty simple, but sure. Adding more options is always better than taking options away. I care absolutely nothing about Saurians, but I guarantee there are people who would be pissed if you took away their current appearance. Adding a new discovery option = everybody wins. Replacing the current version with discovery = upsetting people who don't like the discovery option. The best choice is obvious.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

That's exactly what I was thinking too!

(But hey ST:D seems to be a wanna-be sci fi series based on being based on other sci fi works *tardigrade*, so why not Sleestaks too. I mean really, it's not Star Trek... it's a sci fi show based on Star Trek, so why not? *Waits for a big ring portal to show up in ST:D that transports people to other worlds to be the next thing ripped off added*
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Not botherd either way
    Wow that's ugly.
  • Options
    Yes
    It's a terrible idea to remove the original Saurian look in the same way that it would be a terrible idea to remove the standard Klingon look and replace it with the Discovery look. As Nagus said, more options are always better, and someone out there likes the original look. Not to mention, it is also a canon look for Saurians as well. Both can exist in-game.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options

It's pretty simple, but sure. Adding more options is always better than taking options away. I care absolutely nothing about Saurians, but I guarantee there are people who would be pissed if you took away their current appearance. Adding a new discovery option = everybody wins. Replacing the current version with discovery = upsetting people who don't like the discovery option. The best choice is obvious.

Indeed. I'd be enraged if any of my characters would be exchanged for a "modern" makeover. Additionally, it makes absolutely no sense to replace the old visuals, for what purpose? It happened with the Gorn and that was bad enough.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Yes
    Oh, but the original Gorn look was bad. The current Gorn looks are way better.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Oh, but the original Gorn look was bad. The current Gorn looks are way better.

Objectively better? pig-3.gif

Neither the old, nor the new ones look like Gorn. But people created their characters with the old look and suddenly they never could update their outfit or risk losing their character looks forever. That's nonsense.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Ok, ok. Subjectively better. LOL

I'll add that the DSC Saurians are subjectively better looking as well. And if they are added as an option for the DSC subfaction, I will be deleting my current 25c Saurian in favor of it.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Personally I don't make a DSC character until the 'rites are available. I don't care much for Saurians, but the original ones look more like Dinosaurs to me. The DSC one looks like a 'Grey' alien. I don't associate big featureless eyes with dinosaurs.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Personally I don't make a DSC character until the 'rites are available.

Ditto. Except for Andorians.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Yes
    where2r1 wrote: »

That's exactly what I was thinking too!

(But hey ST:D seems to be a wanna-be sci fi series based on being based on other sci fi works *tardigrade*, so why not Sleestaks too. I mean really, it's not Star Trek... it's a sci fi show based on Star Trek, so why not? *Waits for a big ring portal to show up in ST:D that transports people to other worlds to be the next thing ripped off added*

You can hate discovcery all you like its still star trek.
    0bzJyzP.gif

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Not botherd either way
    Don't care either way, honestly. Either way, they best not become the default fot 25c Saurians.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    I found the Saurian officer in the Discovery to be not only mega cool looking but also very funny. It is like day and night compared to the back ground stand in of TMP.

Of course I’d love to see them to be updated in game.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Yes
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Don't care either way, honestly. Either way, they best not become the default fot 25c Saurians.

I definatly agree on this after all removing options is a terrible idea but adding more is a bonus.
    0bzJyzP.gif

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted yes because I always vote yes for more content.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Ok, ok. Subjectively better. LOL

I'll add that the DSC Saurians are subjectively better looking as well. And if they are added as an option for the DSC subfaction, I will be deleting my current 25c Saurian in favor of it.

Nope, according to STO the only canon races that existed in DSC were humans and Vulcans. All the other ones (even the ones you actually see in Discovery) were wiped out and won't magically reappear for another 200 years. Because reasons.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Not botherd either way
    Of course not, it was a facitious comment related to the fact that regardless of what was in Discovery TV Show, STO Discovery only released with Humans and Vulcans and the other species don't show up until we are teleported to the future.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yes
    ltminns wrote: »
    Of course not, it was a facitious comment related to the fact that regardless of what was in Discovery TV Show, STO Discovery only released with Humans and Vulcans and the other species don't show up until we are teleported to the future.
    While not a playble character, a prominent andorian is present in the AoD storyline Captain Shran to be exact the decendent of the ENT andorian of the same name.

So it's not like those species stopped existing in STO, they're just not playble at this point.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Not botherd either way
    And they probably never will be playable, they're more likely to just add them as options for the 25c version. Just like the other TOS versions of 25c races.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd like a sneezing emote too.

Related: the option for tusks might get me to play a Tellarite.
This discussion has been closed.