test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unable to connect to account server

I am unable to keep a stable connection to the STO account server. I am having issues logging in to the launcher, as well as getting past the login screen with in STO. I tried pinging the account server IP, and every time I got booted back to the login screen, the ping to the ip address failed. I tried pinging other IP addresses and did not receive any other failed pings. it is only with the STO account server that I'm getting dropped packets.
activating the launcher proxy (us) option seems to fix the issue (for now). but the proxy seems to be much slower than I am used too seeing.
Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...

Comments

• generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    FCK! now that I have a stable connection to the game I can not log in I am now getting the error message with in STO : Too many attempts. WTF..... any one know how long "please try again later" is supposed too be? 5 minutes? 15 minutes? 12 hours? 2days?
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • looks like I was wrong. still getting account server timeout error when I try and login within sto
  • l0rdgarethl0rdgareth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Too many attempts; please try again later

I had this happen to me earlier this month, my account was locked because I couldn't keep a stable connection and had to keep logging back in. I submitted a ticket and received a response.

(I am using this quote only as a suggestion of what coitusinteruptus may be experiencing.)
    We're sorry to hear about the lock out of your account. If your account got locked out due to multiple login attempts, we kindly ask you to wait for 24-hour for our system to refresh as we do not have any current ways to unlock your account since this is a security feature placed on each accounts.

I would suggest submitting a ticket with the error you're receiving and sending them some data from your end.
    The info will look similar to this but starting with your IP to Cryptic
    11 53 ms 53 ms 52 ms te0-2-1-5.rcr51.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.254]
    12 50 ms 49 ms 51 ms 38.140.157.34
    13 63 ms 54 ms 54 ms 198.49.243.237
    14 49 ms 49 ms 48 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

• For Windows, hit the start button
    • Where it says Search All Files and Programs, type CMD and press ENTER
    • The first result should be cmd.exe
    • Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
    • A black, command-prompt window should appear
    • From here type the following command:
    • tracert 208.95.184.200

Need Assistance?
    Submit a support ticket

It could be any number of other things... for example Gloria is receiving this message "You may not log in from this IP address." posted on steam Star Trek Only Community and that has happened in the past a few times when entire Domains were banned.
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    called my Phone/ISP company, they came out and updated the wiring in the phone box outside, and replaced the modem and digital phone box with newer models. appearently I had outdated equipment, and the way the house was wired into the phone/dsl network had changed since we first got broadband in 2008. they also did something called reprovisioning at the phone company side of things. not sure what that means, but I am now receiving mostly 6mbps download speeds, which is what we pay for. unfortunetly we still can no longer do hulu/Netflix as well as me playing sto at the same time. It's almost like pre-2008, where we had to pick and choose who had internet access because we only had one phone line, but we had 4 PC's in the house. at least these days we still can make phone calls while we do internet stuff.