test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Personal Endeavors!

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    tomilak wrote: »
    I can actually understand why we dont all have the same endeavors, can you picture 5,000 people all going to nukra prime to kill tholians on ground, Noone would get any. LOL. so you give x number of people all diff endeavors so they dont have the entire game going after the same thing.
    That should not be a problem as we would all end up in different instances so there would be enough targets. It might even be positive as people could group together to do Endeavors creating stronger bounds and a stronger community. I would still like to see a more group work approach to this even if its just for a new Epic level.
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    I can actually understand why we dont all have the same endeavors, can you picture 5,000 people all going to nukra prime

STO uses instances to control population. Don't know what NP's limit is but I suspect it's 30 per instance. If 5000 people went to NP, there would just be ~200 NPs, most of them with 25-30 people.

For instance, right now there are about 600 people on Earth Space Dock. They're split between 25 instances, with the most common instance population being 29. You can bring up your map and click "Change Instance" to view the available instances on a map.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Yes, Nuka Prime wouldn't actually experience any problem because the entire map is covered in Tholians, and built with the expectation that everyone on the map will be in the area murdering Tholians at any given time.

Nimbus, on the other hand, DOES have a problem, where it is possible for all the Gorn or Scorpions to end up hunted to extinction and leave you just standing there for ages waiting for them to respawn, because, apparently, it takes them like an hour to finally respawn.

This was a problem even prior to the endeavors. People set up mini fortresses from boffs with turrets and mortars for remote control experience while the person itself either went AFK or visited some other area to clean out.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Yes, Nuka Prime wouldn't actually experience any problem because the entire map is covered in Tholians, and built with the expectation that everyone on the map will be in the area murdering Tholians at any given time.

Nimbus, on the other hand, DOES have a problem, where it is possible for all the Gorn or Scorpions to end up hunted to extinction and leave you just standing there for ages waiting for them to respawn, because, apparently, it takes them like an hour to finally respawn.

This was a problem even prior to the endeavors. People set up mini fortresses from boffs with turrets and mortars for remote control experience while the person itself either went AFK or visited some other area to clean out.

I do remember encountering that a couple of times in the past. It is frustrating & does require some patience. Sometimes being able to change Instances helps & sometimes nope. I definitely see some of these personal endeavors' goals being counter intuitive of being personal though as we've been told versus needing a group for completion, but I try to focus more on intent than semantics. I just wish Cryptic would proof read & convey information better. Correcting in hindsight is good but gets old when on a loop & not learning from mistakes.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    We're not 'murdering' Tholians, we are standing our ground against their aggressive attacks upon us. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    We're not 'murdering' Tholians, we are standing our ground against their aggressive attacks upon us. ;)

That reminds me of the Winter event with that gingerbread village & that in-game announcement. We go to their places & starting killing & then we are upset over their defense lol.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I can actually understand why we dont all have the same endeavors, can you picture 5,000 people all going to nukra prime to kill tholians on ground, Noone would get any. LOL. so you give x number of people all diff endeavors so they dont have the entire game going after the same thing.
    Yeah it's more like 50. The place is BUSY. I was there to shoot 60 Tholians. I probably saw at least a dozen other players while I did that and I didn't even wander much.

the med mission are super easy when you have 3 drones, and two turrets. :D don't even need to shoot anything, just pick up shutdown codes and interact with things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Where's the best place to find Captains?

I can find lots of Commanders on several Ground Adventure Zones, but I cannot find Captains.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    There are some missions in the foundry which are good for hunting captains.

I originally came to say: I'm really enjoying the personal endeavour system. Its been really enjoyable getting back to old areas and content and being able to engage with them as they're pretty active.
    There are some missions in the foundry which are good for hunting captains.

I originally came to say: I'm really enjoying the personal endeavour system. Its been really enjoyable getting back to old areas and content and being able to engage with them as they're pretty active.

Yeah, no sooner had I posted my query and I remembered reading elsewhere that there are new foundry missions that help with Endeavours.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Where's the best place to find Captains?

I can find lots of Commanders on several Ground Adventure Zones, but I cannot find Captains.
    I take a tour of Nimbus any time I need to do this. There's plenty of Captain rank enemies there. It's mostly the mini-event ones, but there's a pirate mob on a catwalk above Hassan's nightclub that includes a Captain.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I did the Foundry Mission 'Ground Captains 10 Waves'. You will be finished with the Endeavor before you get through all 10 Waves, but what the heck, stick it out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Boy was I lucky. Last night I did the 'Wasteland' Arc to get 'Law' and the 'Nimbus Pirate Distress Beacon' on my Discovery Character. When I finished I realized that I needed to go back to unlock the Transport Pad at the Stronghold.

Today I beamed down and noticed that my Medium and Hard Endeavors for the day were to defeat Dewan Anthropods on Nimbus and cause Tetryon Damage (Ground). My Discovery Character is equipped with the Lobi three piece Tzen'kethi Ground Equipment that has a Tetryon Cannon. Nuff said. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Boy was I lucky. Last night I did the 'Wasteland' Arc to get 'Law' and the 'Nimbus Pirate Distress Beacon' on my Discovery Character. When I finished I realized that I needed to go back to unlock the Transport Pad at the Stronghold.

Today I beamed down and noticed that my Medium and Hard Endeavors for the day were to defeat Dewan Anthropods on Nimbus and cause Tetryon Damage (Ground). My Discovery Character is equipped with the Lobi three piece Tzen'kethi Ground Equipment that has a Tetryon Cannon. Nuff said. :)

Lucky Duck! :smiley:
    edited February 2019
    Just used Foundry Miss - Ground Captains Ten Waves. Very useful. IMHO
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    So after some time of endeavoring... what endeavor level is everybody at right now? I'm curios about the average. I'm Endeavor level 11 now.

And as a second thought, i think the 3 pre-selected choices to spend your Perk is not really great. Everybody should be able to pick where they want to spend them from all possible choices. Or maybe make the reroll tokens also useable to get a new selection or maybe show more than just three...
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    So after some time of endeavoring... what endeavor level is everybody at right now? I'm curios about the average. I'm Endeavor level 11 now.

And as a second thought, i think the 3 pre-selected choices to spend your Perk is not really great. Everybody should be able to pick where they want to spend them from all possible choices. Or maybe make the reroll tokens also useable to get a new selection or maybe show more than just three...

Im at 10, will be at 11 in about 12 hours
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I just hit 13 and I haven't exactly been grinding this. I'm just lucky that I've set all my toons up in different ways, with different damage types ect, so almost no matter what I get I can break someone out of the moth bag and run them through some content to get a given endeavor filled. Doesn't take me long and it's actually kind of fun to go back to old toons I haven't played in forever.
    Idk about everyone else but these personal endeavors have made me take a new look at old toons and want to do something with them.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Since i use most of my toons regularly, the thing that i got re-introduced to mostly by the endeavours were the different battlezones that i forgot about, or that i never even bothered to visit: Defera, Dyson-Sphere (space and ground), Nukara, Badlands and Gon'Kra. They are really kinda fun to do again after some time, so thanks for that, endeavor system :)
    We want to keep the foundry.
    What time do the Endeavors reset daily?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    What time do the Endeavors reset daily?

2am pacific standard time
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    questerius wrote: »
    @coldnapalm
    For ground materials do the zaria mission to rescue deferi prisoners. There are two generated there.

For Feds if you dont mind playing thru the mission... you can get 6 ground resources during "Diplomatic Orders"

2 on Vulcan
    4 on P'Jem

Just focus on getting the 2 ground resource points first on Vulcan & don't leave when mission done on P'Jem... get those ground resource points.

There could be faster ways to get all 6 ground resource points if you beam in and out... but this mission doesnt take long and there are no cut scenes that can'd be skipped. You can work on ground/space damage as well.
    Got the Universal Mining Endeavor, did the Rich Mining Claim and that did not count. I had to do the five part regular Mining Claim. Haven't done that in years. Now I know why I only do the Rich Claims.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I'm on endeavor level 2 but I tend to ignore this a lot as don't have a lot of time to play
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hit 10 last night. Missed a few days or didn't get to do one of the Levels.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    If you had done them all, you would be at 19 as of finishing today's set.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    I'm on endeavor level 2 but I tend to ignore this a lot as don't have a lot of time to play

I have done so few...I didn't realize there were levels. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Every Point you expend gives you a level.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns