test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worst Nighmare Enemies

sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
Had a bit of a chat when I was in the Tzenkenthi zone a few days ago talking about how tough they are. What would be worse than Tzenkethi? Assimilated Tzenkethi. Real Challenge?

What are some other nightmare enemies or combination of enemies? How about Assimilated Vaadwaur/Voth ships? Assimilated Iconian?

We already fight Assmilated Klingon ships in The Cure TFO.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Romulan dederix warbirds
    if they get you while leveling in a tractor beam and your abilties are on cooldown those dam 3 plasma torpedos can be the death of you.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Tzenkethi with their death torpedo's and Terrans with their torp spreads/Repulsor Beams and Feedback Pulse if caught out by those last 2.

D'Deridex at lower levels have never in my 9 years of playing and levelling 32 characters been a problem. However I do play on normal settings during feature episodes to power through them
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    In space I agree with @ussvaliant#6064. Those critters have the best potential atm to catch my builds by (negative) surprise.

On ground I throw in Voth and Vaadwaur, especially the overseer from the latter. While in the easy BZ they never pose a challenge they can be really tough to face during higher Sompek levels. >:)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
    Assimilated Pakled

"We are strong. Resistance is not smart. Your things will be assimilated to make us go."
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Assimilated Pakled

"We are strong. Resistance is not smart. Your things will be assimilated to make us go."

How is that different from regular Pakled?

Assimilated doesn't seem to make things much worse than the regular Borg. Well, except that one Assimilated Undine. It was pretty tough. What would be tough is two enemy factions working cooperatively. Solanae + Romulan, Borg + Vaudwaar, etc. Hurq + Fekliri would make FAW both absolutely necessary and useless!
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    On ground I HATE assimilated Undine. Esp if NOT running on "normal".

But I would have though assimilated Undine ships would be challenging for space battle. Like mix up the Borg red alert and have more than just spheres and cubes. Give us assimilated Romulas, if we are in that sector, or Assimilated Dominion if in Gamma, Voth in Delta, etc. EVERYBODY should be assimilated while we are responding to a Red Alert. lol. (and yah I get that the borg are the borg and when they assimilate you its just blah cubes.....but we HAVE seen assimilated Klingon ships, so why not?)

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    On ground I HATE assimilated Undine. Esp if NOT running on "normal".

But I would have though assimilated Undine ships would be challenging for space battle. Like mix up the Borg red alert and have more than just spheres and cubes. Give us assimilated Romulas, if we are in that sector, or Assimilated Dominion if in Gamma, Voth in Delta, etc. EVERYBODY should be assimilated while we are responding to a Red Alert. lol. (and yah I get that the borg are the borg and when they assimilate you its just blah cubes.....but we HAVE seen assimilated Klingon ships, so why not?)

We also see assimilated Donatra in her Scimitar in the Khitomer TFO - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Khitomer_Vortex
  • Options
    brian334 wrote: »
    Assimilated Pakled

How is that different from regular Pakled?

Assimilated doesn't seem to make things much worse than the regular Borg. Well, except that one Assimilated Undine. It was pretty tough. What would be tough is two enemy factions working cooperatively. Solanae + Romulan, Borg + Vaudwaar, etc. Hurq + Fekliri would make FAW both absolutely necessary and useless!

===== [ The Joke ] ---->
    [ You ]
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Problem with the Pakled, if the Borg tried to assimilate them, they'd 'spit them out'. Otherwise the overall intelligence of the Collective would drop dramatically. :)

I remember when the Vaadwaur Artillery ships were a royal PITA. Now, I just yawn at them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    We talking currently within the game?

Tzenkethi with Hierarchy placation spam(Evade Target Lock + Jam Sensors), Voth Aceton Field Generators and Vaadwaur Polaron Bombardment spam would be pretty insufferable.

Fighting Tholians, Undine and Spherebuilders all at the same time would be pretty disgusting as well.

As for ground.. Tholian, Vaadwaur and Elachi would probably be my nightmare fuel. Herald and Tzenkethi if we're talking tight corridors.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The pakled ingornance is just a front though. Done so to make the quiet and unassuming. This is how the creators of them wanted them to be seen. When in truth their highly intelligent and well thought out. They're some of the best spies and black marketeers out there, because people view them they way they do.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    Assimilated Pakled

I hope the devs will make a ground battle zone just to make assimilated Pakleds happen.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Assimilated Pakled

*tapping fingertips together* you probably shouldn't give the dev's ideas for ultimate villains?"
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    I still think they need to come back to the Borg in general. They still are the ultimate Star Trek enemy. Even within the game we are STILL talking about the Borg well into the Dominion and Breen arcs, and still have Borg Red Alerts.

Lets relaunch them as the Mirror Universe Borg! BOOM!

Since the Terrans just seem interested in conquering their quadrant, the Borg theoretically could have run rampant with the rest of the universe? So Delta, and Gamma quads are now full Borg? Imagine Borg spheres dropping Vaadwar artillery on you while you are tractored. Or an assimilated Voth fortress? C'mon! Assimilated Jem'Hadar. (Can you assilimate a Founder? They are solid matter....just saying) I'm just thinking, that would be fun.
  • Options
    Mirror Universe Pakled Empire of Go
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options

You win!
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

Kelvin U.F.P. and W.D.T.B.D. Fleet. United Federation of Pakled and What Does This Button Do? Fleet.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.