test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    alex: you found the nuka-cola, didn't you? *toothy grin*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    Nick: yeah, I did.... better than regular coca cola... not as good as cherry coca cola... then again didn't try a cherry nuka.. I think?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (pretty sure he did, since they found a nuka cherry on the top floor of the museum)

alex: yeah, that stuff would make a killer import if i could produce it enmasse...but for that, i'd need the formula, which i don't have - i considered trying to see if it was still around on one of my two trips there, but the only likely place it would've been was nuka-cola HQ at their primary nuka world park just outside boston, and i never bothered to make the trip​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited February 2019
    Nick: oh, we were around Boston. I was rescued but Matt decided to stay for a bit... they made a settlement inside of Fenway park... maybe when we get back from Saving Admiral Jade, you should ask him if he went there... and I'm not sure but that rift that brought us there might still be around K13. Haven't checked in all honesty. Been busy worrying about other things.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    alex: you actually ended up in boston? damnit, and i can't even ask if matthew even made it to nuka world and found the formula, since he had to go and make himself indisposed...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: indisposed? How so?
    he apparently slipped on a wet spot in the hangarbay and cracked his head against a crate, so his higher brain functions have been temporarily disrupted from that injury...and his primal half took over in the interim

in short, he's a big, overgrown puppy​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited February 2019
    Nick: uhhh... as a neurologist and yes I have more than a PhD in Neuroscience, it sounds like he has undergone a moderate or severe traumatic brain injury. Christ, How hard did he hit his head?
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose enters the holodeck, and walks over to the workstation where Frar is, as a couple of tech and engineers run to ther station and exit the holodeck.

Frar: Rear Admiral, when will we know your AI is getting close to completing the purge?

RAdm Rose: When his process vary widly, even more then that. (Looks at the reading) But I say in about 15 minutes, you will know. It will got from almost none to full processing power in seconds, and fluctuate between. Last time we did this, lasted a total of five minutes, however we were dealing with just 12 years of data total, but with a break in his ethical subroutines. This...

Frar: What was done with the purged Data?

RAdm Rose: Daystrom, Soong, and Starfleet technical had saved the data for research purposes into AI psycosis, I think. Did really think about it, after all it worked.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    sounds about right...hard enough to cause him to go feral​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,892 Arc User
    keina: alright, ill be back with your food. *she grins walking to the back. the bar fight seems to die down as a trooper fires his blaster yelling "back off!" as a some others arrest the ones who started the fight and any that participated.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: I'm hesitant to diagnose his condition more formally without seeing him.

Briana: Alright, sweet. can't wait! *smiles and relaxes, ignoring the dying bar fight*
    Nyssa, in a whisper to her brother: Well, they can hit the ceiling.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Deunan: Well... Starfleet's gonna LOVE having all this data. Might be studying it for years.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    i'm not sure you'd want to see him - he's rather...naked, currently; kayla said he practically ripped his clothing to shreds once he realized he was wearing it while she was trying to coax him into a cage to keep him from running around the ship in his current mental state*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose: NO! We will let Karter decide what to do with it, but I rather it be destroyed. Karter is not some lab rat.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Deunan: I never said we send HIM to be studied. I was talking about the purged data itself. Karter is a member of your crew, and I wouldn't want him under a microscope anymore than a member of Lexington's crew. Which is to say, over my rotting corpse they will.

You already said that the last time there was a data purge, that data was sent to Starfleet to study. I was just saying they'd probably love more data.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Radm Rose: Its data to us, but it also his memories, his hope, his decent into madness, his despair.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Deunan: God knows how much despair...
    Nick: Well... that is disturbing...
    least he's got fur covering...almost everything; unlike all those humans who used to suffer from clinical lycanthropy​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose: Dee, is Karter a slave?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: I got into a bar fight with a werewolf once, and i mean an actual one like you, not like loony locked up in the asylums of the time that you just mentioned.... Some time during the late 18th century, somewhere in the american northwest... Vermont i think, which at the time was still a part of New york... That was a weird day, Fight lasted about a half hour, broken bottles and furniture everywhere, one of my friends lost an eye and three of his lower teeth, I had severed my pinky and ring fingers so i didn't get infected with anything, and he ended up with a broken jaw and leg... eventually the fighting stopped and we all went back to drinking for some reason or another... drunks, ya know?... everybody was too drunk to notice I had cut those fingers off and had them regrow... I think i ended up being invited to that guy's wedding at the turn of the century some years later, which was even weirder...

Sorry, I'm rambling... just trying to make conversation since arrival to that site may take forever...
    and...no one questioned a massive, hulking naked wolfman having just spent the better part of an hour tearing up the bar, then going back to its business without anyone screaming for a priest?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited February 2019
    Nick: People where already drunk as it is. Doesn't help the barkeep there was notorious for making some of his in-house stuff with some "Magical Mushrooms." People probably thought they got one of those batches.... I think the bartender ran off to do what you said but no one really believed him since... you know, he was known for making that weird s**t... might have been that some of those men were smugglers trying to avoid attention... four of the guys there were with me cause we were there recruiting these kinda men, and i guess they just trusted me when i didn't run off.

I guess you just had to be there...
    again...a giant, furry, naked wolfbeast that had just spent half an hour tearing up the place settles down and resumes drinking like nothing happened - drunk or not, that isn't something you just brush off!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: *shrugs* don't know what to tell you. It happened. Look into my mind again for all I care when we have a free moment. People can be strange.
    edited February 2019
    Deunan: Of course not! I just said he's a member of your crew.
    Radm Rose: Has he really had a choice in that? He started out as an AI to support a special op team while we were doing things.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Deunan: And Voyager's EMH started out as just a suppliment to an existing medical staff. Now look at him.

Rose... I'm not saying we should do anything to Karter. If anything I said came across like that... I'm sorry. You know how we engineers can get a little ahead of ourselves regarding some things.