test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

meanwhile....what happend to the storylines...

Comments

• spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    It kind of feels like to me that we hit a brick wall, sure there will be filler expansions with fluff gear but nothing really meaningful, as the discovery quests etc, once you hit the hurq your basically stuck with doing events, tfo until nausea.
    I been thinking this for a bit that STO is not allowed to grow beyond the point of the tv show, then it will stagnate and die out
    and I know the game maker try to make the game fun with added stuff but still after 2 years of having maybe a handful of meaningful quests, there is nothing much more than fillers in my opinion.
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    The long list of story episodes you have to play took years to be added to the game. There's a new featured episode already in the calendar, they seem to have some sort of discovery themed story being told.. so there's no brick wall, just waiting til the next one drops as always.
  • kragtastkragtast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'd also argue that this game has done more than thr TV shows could have dreamed to develop the expanded star trek universe. What will happen next? A new episode will eventually, much like every other time before.
    It kind of feels like to me that we hit a brick wall, sure there will be filler expansions with fluff gear but nothing really meaningful, as the discovery quests etc, once you hit the hurq your basically stuck with doing events, tfo until nausea.
    What do you mean by meaningful?

We currently have two major story arcs going on, one involve a Klingon likely going to start another Klingon Civil War, and a Terran who is likely to try to weaponize entire planets.

Sure that isn't "the galaxy is ending" level threats, but that isn't small fish either.

Let me see if I can explain this right....

Lets say that the events leading up to Odo and the Hurw are the base, the one that started it all.
    Now instead of continuing that, exploring new options... the game makes are adding layers upon layers
    of anything from Discovery to Alternate universes and it does not push the main timeline ahead at all.

Lets try logic...or as best as I can...
    We got how many variations of timelines and mirror universes?

Disco, and Disco Mirror (thats 2)
    Star Trek Enterprise (Captain Archer) and that Mirror universe and those stories (thats 4)
    Original series and mirror of that (thats 6)
    TNG and mirror of that (thats 8)
    DS 9 and mirror of that(could be combined into TNG) (same as voyager) so lets say (8 so far)
    So all those...leads to a focus point of time somewhere, where everyone has done all
    the previous quests... and end up at the end of the Hurq invasion.

Now how do we make a jump from that to suddenly the focal point of the forward motion
    is an mirror universe from discovery.

My question is, at some point all those , ALL those must come to a common point
    and go forward.

So instead of working on going forward my fear is that the game makers say "Hey lets just add
    another layer to this and keep people happy and oblivious that we are actually not moving ahead anywhere"

and then they tell the story from different viewpoints a thousdand different ways but you still
    have not made one step forward....you are just adding another layer to the onion.
    edited February 2019
    continuing....

The thing that irks me, is that ships, items, boofs etc are made better for each
    arc added, right, but ummm, should the items/ships etc not be alreaady be at peak
    when you reach the end, how can a ship from discovery, thats in the past, be as good or better
    than ships in the present?

I am thinking they are throwing stardust in our eyes and says "Hey look, new ships, new items , but umm forget the obvious error in time line, just pretend it all fits together"

Vulcan Scout Ship is an exampel, there are MANY ships later in timeline that is much weaker than the Vulcan Scout Ship. Just an exampel
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    -The Kelvin timeline(which only shows up for one mission)
    BTW, you get cool loot there. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @spearhawk2013 said:

Wow, not a thing you said is correct, thats impressive, most people would be correct accidentally in that mich wall o text.

Also, everything except Discovery content came before the Victory is Life expansion, in pther words no layers have been added on anywhere, all of it was already here, but it wasn't when I started playing 8 years ago, back then the story ended at the Borg arc, everything after that, and a lot before it, were added to the game later.

Interesting.... How what episodes in the prime timeline (Ent, TOS, TNG etc) were they met with mirror universe?
    Surely, if you can time jump like in TOS etc, then they MUST have met their mirror universe counterparts at some point
    in 160 years.....
    when you reach the end, how can a ship from discovery, thats in the past, be as good or better than ships in the present?
    You mean besides just putting new technology into it? It isn't that difficult.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Miranda_class
    The Miranda Class starship was in service from as early as 2267, and we see them still in use in 2378, 111 years later. They keep the same basic frame, and just put new tech inside it each time.

Same with the Oberth Class
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Oberth_class
    Entered service in the 2280s, was still in service by 2374, nearly 100 years later.

So your meaning this ship, that just now came to us, is a remodel of the ship in the tv series?
    Then I would certainly LOVE to get my hands on Spock's vessel from Kelvin timeline and the red matter.
    So your meaning this ship, that just now came to us, is a remodel of the ship in the tv series?
    Then I would certainly LOVE to get my hands on Spock's vessel from Kelvin timeline and the red matter.
    Cryptic constantly mentions that "older" ships that get T6 versions are refits that slapped a bunch of new tech into them to make them competitive with more "modern" ships.

The Red Matter Device is already an in-game item.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Red_Matter_Capacitor

True, I wish they let us make old ships be equal to T6, I would love to have my
    Tal shiar battlecruiser be as good as a T6 ship.

and the red matter...ummm, only in name, compare that to the red matter in Kelvin timeline with the awesome
    destruction power, it would be equal to an "I win" button :)

Understand me right, I wish developers were to go with more with answering the questiones that remains...

what has happend to the Borg? surely they have evolved and not that vanished into the night.
    and fluidic space, Undine, surely there is more to develop there?
    the hurq threat is over but what about the after effects of this, surely there can't been only one founder that worked on this , and what would the link, the other founders been doing meanwhile? twiddled inside the link?
    surely in a millenia there must been more storyline for the Jem'hadar past history.

Understand me right, I wish developers were to go with more with answering the questiones that remains...

what has happend to the Borg? surely they have evolved and not that vanished into the night.
    the hurq threat is over but what about the after effects of this, surely there can't been only one founder that worked on this , and what would the link, the other founders been doing meanwhile? twiddled inside the link?
    surely in a millenia there must been more storyline for the Jem'hadar past history.
    -The Borg right now in are recession. They launched an invasion of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, which ended with the death of the Queen, and the destruction of the Unimatrix the invasion was being staged from, as seen in the "Into the Hive" TFO. These losses were compounded on with losses to the Undine, the Voth, and the Vaadwaur, who the Borg were also fighting. By the time the players enter the Delta Quadrant, the Queen, now resurrected, attempts to re-assimilate freed Borg Cooperative ships back into the Collective to rebuild their a numbers, as seen in the "Borg Disconnected" TFO. This plan is thwarted by a combined attack by the Alliance, the Voth, and the Undine(though each faction is fighting each other as well), that results in the death of the Borg Queen again, and the presumed destruction of that Unimatrix by the Voth and Undine super-capital ships. Leaving the Borg weaker then ever before. Though Borg assimilation fleets are still around, and are mentioned in Starfleet Intelligence files the player gains access to in "Quark's Lucky Seven".

-As for the Undine. After Tuvok and the player exposed the Iconian's deception, they ceased their attacks on the Alpha/Beta Quadrant powers, and went back to honoring the deal they made with Janeway back in Voyager. The Undine have been continuing their attacks on the Borg however, who likewise continue to attack the Undine, as seen in "Borg Disconnected".

-What we are told in Victory is Life is that the Female Changeling was the only one who worked on the project that caused the Hur'q to go insane, and even killed other Founders who found out about it. She was the sole Founder behind it, and now she is dead. As for the after effects, this is explained at the end of the "Home" mission. With the Hur'q cured a neutral zone has been created around the Hur'q system so that the Dominion can't interfere with them, and Ezri Dax, Bashir, and Kuumaarke, have been assigned to help the Hur'q rebuild their homeworld using the Lukari's protomatter technology. The Dominion have likewise begun ending some of their more terrible practices, such as beginning the slow process of curing Jem'Hadar of their Ketracel White addiction, so they can be more free, as part of admission into the Alliance.

Oh, I think there was a misunderstanding, I was speaking of Jem'hadar history, we gone back in some discovery stuff etc, and it gave me an idea, in a millenia of Jem'hadar(since we can play that now) there should be history to be told. Another semi faction, same as Romulans had, there is much there to work with.

but we shall see where the developers goes, and CBS allowes them to do... heh

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

-The Borg right now in are recession. They launched an invasion of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, which ended with the death of the Queen, and the destruction of the Unimatrix the invasion was being staged from, as seen in the "Into the Hive" TFO. These losses were compounded on with losses to the Undine, the Voth, and the Vaadwaur, who the Borg were also fighting. By the time the players enter the Delta Quadrant, the Queen, now resurrected, attempts to re-assimilate freed Borg Cooperative ships back into the Collective to rebuild their a numbers, as seen in the "Borg Disconnected" TFO. This plan is thwarted by a combined attack by the Alliance, the Voth, and the Undine(though each faction is fighting each other as well), that results in the death of the Borg Queen again, and the presumed destruction of that Unimatrix by the Voth and Undine super-capital ships. Leaving the Borg weaker then ever before. Though Borg assimilation fleets are still around, and are mentioned in Starfleet Intelligence files the player gains access to in "Quark's Lucky Seven".

-As for the Undine. After Tuvok and the player exposed the Iconian's deception, they ceased their attacks on the Alpha/Beta Quadrant powers, and went back to honoring the deal they made with Janeway back in Voyager. The Undine have been continuing their attacks on the Borg however, who likewise continue to attack the Undine, as seen in "Borg Disconnected".

-What we are told in Victory is Life is that the Female Changeling was the only one who worked on the project that caused the Hur'q to go insane, and even killed other Founders who found out about it. She was the sole Founder behind it, and now she is dead. As for the after effects, this is explained at the end of the "Home" mission. With the Hur'q cured a neutral zone has been created around the Hur'q system so that the Dominion can't interfere with them, and Ezri Dax, Bashir, and Kuumaarke, have been assigned to help the Hur'q rebuild their homeworld using the Lukari's protomatter technology. The Dominion have likewise begun ending some of their more terrible practices, such as beginning the slow process of curing Jem'Hadar of their Ketracel White addiction, so they can be more free, as part of admission into the Alliance.

Oh, I think there was a misunderstanding, I was speaking of Jem'hadar history, we gone back in some discovery stuff etc, and it gave me an idea, in a millenia of Jem'hadar(since we can play that now) there should be history to be told. Another semi faction, same as Romulans had, there is much there to work with.

We've gone back in time (for everyone except the Discovery Fed characters) to Discovery because that's what the Devs wanted to focus in on.

The Jem'hadar are already pretty much another semi faction. Only difference is that they were made playable from level 60 instead of Level 1, simply because compared to the rest of the game, they spend most of it sitting out in the Gamma Quadrant. There's also not a lot of history that can be gleamed that we don't already know from playing the Gamma Quadrant storyline and prior canon.

Remember that according to canon, the Treaty of Bajor meant that the Dominion went back to the Gamma Quadrant. We have no real information about what went on canon wise following this, but we can surmise that they returned to ruling over the Dominion space they had before. Sometime after the freeing of the the Female Founder, she took it upon herself to try and stop the imminent Hur'q awakening cycle that was looming, not wanting the rest of the Founders to know what was going on. Unfortunately, she could not stop the Hur'q from decimating the Dominion forces.

At the same time though, She took it upon herself to try to wipe out the Hur'q in the Alpha Quadrant, but covertly, taking the guise of a Tzenkethi Admiral. She planned to use the Tzenkethi to wipe out the Hur'q, but because the alliance had no idea what she was actually doing, they attempted to stop the Tzenkethi. The truth eventually comes out and the Dominion finally work on a way to end the problem.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png

We've gone back in time (for everyone except the Discovery Fed characters) to Discovery because that's what the Devs wanted to focus in on.

The Jem'hadar are already pretty much another semi faction. Only difference is that they were made playable from level 60 instead of Level 1, simply because compared to the rest of the game, they spend most of it sitting out in the Gamma Quadrant. There's also not a lot of history that can be gleamed that we don't already know from playing the Gamma Quadrant storyline and prior canon.

Remember that according to canon, the Treaty of Bajor meant that the Dominion went back to the Gamma Quadrant. We have no real information about what went on canon wise following this, but we can surmise that they returned to ruling over the Dominion space they had before. Sometime after the freeing of the the Female Founder, she took it upon herself to try and stop the imminent Hur'q awakening cycle that was looming, not wanting the rest of the Founders to know what was going on. Unfortunately, she could not stop the Hur'q from decimating the Dominion forces.

At the same time though, She took it upon herself to try to wipe out the Hur'q in the Alpha Quadrant, but covertly, taking the guise of a Tzenkethi Admiral. She planned to use the Tzenkethi to wipe out the Hur'q, but because the alliance had no idea what she was actually doing, they attempted to stop the Tzenkethi. The truth eventually comes out and the Dominion finally work on a way to end the problem.

True, well I hope there are some interesting stuff to do for JH as well as others and it will not be rehashed stuff.
    although I like the screen of the disco toons, its better than all the others, perhaps it is time for klingon to get storylines, but for now disco is in the eye, so lets hope the tv shows lasts 7 seasons :)
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    perhaps it is time for klingon to get storylines)
    The Klingons already have their own unique storylines.

And the whole J'Ula stuff from Discovery is very Klingon centric, though still cross faction

Yeah, I wondering with her coming back. We might have another Klingon Civil War on our hands. Or even a three way spilt between Martok, J'Ula and the current Chancellor. The Hurq attack and Iconian war fall-out has left the klingon empire not in a good way. Plus, Starfleet after its heavy losses in Iconian & Hurq wars, is not doing much better.

Would be the worse time for the Borg to come back in a stronger state having found something to give them a boost. Or, god forbid, a three way issue with Tilly, J'Ula and the Klingons going at it
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    edited February 2019

And the whole J'Ula stuff from Discovery is very Klingon centric, though still cross faction

really? you played Klingon and seen their unique storyline?
    Cause I have and all Klingon's got is a few starter missions and the rest is copies from Fed episodes.
    I would not call 5-10 missions at start their own unique storyline....I would call it tutorial...

and as for the discovery parts, well, I see no new tutorial or no new klingon loading screens etc
    or any such thing that would set it aside as being Klingon, the only thing new is superficial

Maybe, maybe, the klingons will have something of their own more than a tutorial at beginning of game.

Cause I have and all Klingon's got is a few starter missions and the rest is copies from Fed episodes.
    I would not call 5-10 missions at start their own unique storyline....I would call it tutorial...

and as for the discovery parts, well, I see no new tutorial or no new klingon loading screens etc
    or any such thing that would set it aside as being Klingon, the only thing new is superficial

Maybe, maybe, the klingons will have something of their own more than a tutorial at beginning of game.
    Lol wut? Have you played the Fek'lhri return story?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Yeah, I wondering with her coming back. We might have another Klingon Civil War on our hands. Or even a three way spilt between Martok, J'Ula and the current Chancellor. The Hurq attack and Iconian war fall-out has left the klingon empire not in a good way. Plus, Starfleet after its heavy losses in Iconian & Hurq wars, is not doing much better.

Would be the worse time for the Borg to come back in a stronger state having found something to give them a boost. Or, god forbid, a three way issue with Tilly, J'Ula and the Klingons going at it
    Martok has zero political ambitions, and has no desire to challenge J'mpok. It would be J'Ula and her forces vs the main Klingon Empire. Probably with remnants of House Torg, Duras, and Mo'Kai joining her.

Yes, I have played it. Klingons have 16 unique missions to them. Compared to
    -The Romulan Republic's 25 unique missions
    -The Federation's 12 unique missions
    -The TOS Fed's 6 unique missions
    -The Discovery and Jem'Hadar's zero unique missions
    Literally, only the Romulans have more unique missions then the Klingons. Hell, the Klingons have more unique missions to their faction then even the 2409 Federation does.

Also, I suppose you haven't played the new Discovery missions then? Because J'Ula, a Klingon, the sister of T'Kuvma, is the main villain of the arc. And Cryptic has already said they plan to add the Discovery Klingon parts to the character editor, as well as release outfits for every Klingon house seen on the show, and release pretty much every single Klingon ship seen in Discovery.

So yeah, there is a lot of Klingon focus with the new Discovery stuff.

I am more thinking that while Matrok has zero political ambitions, if things get extremely bad in the klingon empire, he may have no choice. Especially if other klingons start asking for him to save the klingon empire again. Apart from that, I doubt he would get involved
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    One of the fiction blogs shows that while Martok and J'mpok are nominally rivals, their animosity is far weaker than their respect for each other.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.