test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Klingon War Arc Status

raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Hey Cryptic or any Devs reading this; after having played through the content and studied it; I am wondering...what is the status on the missions currently being redone for the Starfleet Klingon War arc? How far along are they and what is the expected time line for their reintroduction to the game? I ask as the Klingon War Arc as it is now does feel a bit empty with little story to impact it as it is now and I would love to see it complete for the Feds. This also does not appear in the Roadmap you guys have out right now.
"The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    On a related note, we are still left hanging wondering whomever ["nudge, nudge - wink, wink"] showed up in her cell to tell the imprisoned Empress Sela about her deceased mother Tasha Yar too?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    On a related note, we are still left hanging wondering whomever ["nudge, nudge - wink, wink"] showed up in her cell to tell the imprisoned Empress Sela about her deceased mother Tasha Yar too?
    Pretty sure Cryptic has said don't expect anything on that ever.

Besides, considering what was put on the table as Sela spoke, it is pretty good guess it was Data or Picard.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Eh, it really applies to all the arcs up until around Solanae, everything feels choppy and rushed and just a disconnected string of 'okay now go here...okay now go here....okay now you're doing this.'
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I think the most they've said is they'd love to Brent Spiner come record voicework for Data but nothing (they can reveal) has been planned yet.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »

Besides, considering what was put on the table as Sela spoke, it is pretty good guess it was Data or Picard.

I vote Data.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Eh, it really applies to all the arcs up until around Solanae, everything feels choppy and rushed and just a disconnected string of 'okay now go here...okay now go here....okay now you're doing this.'
    Except they are nothing like that at all.

Yeah, they are. I don't consider random exposition dumps added to the info for other missions to be a good substitute for the removed missions you would normally have gained that information from playing.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @spiritborn said:
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > captainwells wrote: »
    >
    > On a related note, we are still left hanging wondering whomever ["nudge, nudge - wink, wink"] showed up in her cell to tell the imprisoned Empress Sela about her deceased mother Tasha Yar too?
    >
    >
    >
    > Pretty sure Cryptic has said don't expect anything on that ever.
    >
    >
    >
    > I think the most they've said is they'd love to Brent Spiner come record voicework for Data but nothing (they can reveal) has been planned yet.

Spiner doesn't want to be Data anymore, it'll take something special to change his mind.
    Yeah I just repeated what was said in Ten Forward stream, they'd love to have him record the voice for data but nothing is planned at this point.

They didn't say why nothing is planned but "actor doesn't want to do the role anymore" is as good a reason as any.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    >
    >
    > On a related note, we are still left hanging wondering whomever ["nudge, nudge - wink, wink"] showed up in her cell to tell the imprisoned Empress Sela about her deceased mother Tasha Yar too?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think the most they've said is they'd love to Brent Spiner come record voicework for Data but nothing (they can reveal) has been planned yet.

Spiner doesn't want to be Data anymore, it'll take something special to change his mind.

Maybe Spiner could play one of Data's "ancestors". They could call him "Cobol" or "Fortran". :smile:

Hard to think of an ST:E intro that isn't a clone of the pilot episode "Broken Bow", plus the visit to P'Jem. (The Temporal Cold War would need to be postponed until after the intro. It dominated the TV series a little too much, in my opinion.)

Just brainstorming here:

Maybe the main character doesn't even start at Starfleet Academy (which might not exist yet). Maybe they were kicked out of Starfleet, and Starfleet finds they need them back and sends someone to find them and ask them to return. The person that Starfleet sends could be the first boff. Vulcan High Command doesn't want the kicked-out officer back in Starfleet, tries to oppose it. In the meantime, a Romulan (instead of Klingon) ship crash-lands, and only one survivor, who ends up in Starfleet sickbay. The doctor in charge has no interest in traveling in space, wants to stay on Earth. The Romulan is "volunteered" to join the main character's crew (of two so far), but might later betray the main character and try to return to Romulus (which is working with the Suliban and possibly the Klingons, the latter's help in return for sharing cloaking technology). How to bring in the Andorians, Tellarites, and Klingons, though? Early version of conference at Babel, which fails? A scout ship that strays into Romulan space, where they're trapped in a cloaked minefield. Not forgetting the Earth-Romulus War. Then there's the Xindi, one of whom might agree to work with the main character's crew. The Gorn, the Orions. Maybe some missions with the help of MACO soldiers. Daniels would have to be in there somewhere. But how to integrate all this without just plagiarizing from the series?

Maybe it's not doable after all. Then again I'm probably not cut out for this sort of thing. It's alot easier to create a character and give them a background than to create the plot for just a few episodes within STO.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would actually like to point out that there were plans for an episode revamp/remaster this month, according to the latest Priority one Podcast. That got put off once one of the staff members had a baby. It's possible that this might have been the Klingon War revamp.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    I can't really blame Will Wheaton for not wanting to play Wesley Crusher anymore, the version of Wesley most people would remember is the season 1-2 one which most people also dislike (including Wheaton himself), where he was essentially a self-insert(for Gene Rodenberry) wunderkind he knew the systems of the Enterprise better then the trained crew, not the season 3+ version where Wesley while still smart was much more flawed and complex of a character (and thus a lot better as a character).
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

ive herd this before yet i find it ironic that my local comic-con this year has him along with other next gen actors there so he clearly likes talking about data.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah I just repeated what was said in Ten Forward stream, they'd love to have him record the voice for data but nothing is planned at this point.

They didn't say why nothing is planned but "actor doesn't want to do the role anymore" is as good a reason as any.
    When it comes to Trek actors not in the game already
    -Picard = too expensive
    -Data = doesn't want to be Data anymore

So that leaves a few like Sulu, Ezri, O'Brien, B'Elanna, Riker, Beverly, Troi, Wesley, and Q(not counting smaller side characters or w/e). I know that Cryptic has saidthey have no real plans for an Enterprise Era start or w/e any time soon, and have generally said Enterprise is the hardest to write for since its just so far in the past. So it's unlikely we will see any of the ENT cast in-game(besides Daniels OFC)
    Well patrick stewrat and brent spiner have done VA work for both data and picard before so its not outside the relm of impossibality imo.

0bzJyzP.gif

> @spiritborn said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

ive herd this before yet i find it ironic that my local comic-con this year has him along with other next gen actors there so he clearly likes talking about data.

What I do remember is him not wanting to play Data in live action due getting too old for the role of playing an ageless android (his words not mine), which does not make sense but wouldn't apply to STO (due everything being animated Data doesn't need to match the age of the actor)
    > @spiritborn said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

What I do remember is him not wanting to play Data in live action due getting too old for the role of playing an ageless android (his words not mine), which does not make sense but wouldn't apply to STO (due everything being animated Data doesn't need to match the age of the actor)
    That i herd to but while this again doesnt apply to sto someone on a reditt forum about the picard series did point out that "since he said that technology now exsits to make actors look younger while its unlikly he would be a recuring character he could appear for a one off".

0bzJyzP.gif

• nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2019

When it comes to Trek actors not in the game already
    -Picard = too expensive
    -Kirk = too expensive
    -Janeway = too expensive
    -Sisko = doesn't want to be involved in Trek anymore
    -Chakotay = doesn't want to be involved in Trek anymore
    -Data = doesn't want to be Data anymore
    -Kes = In a mountain of legal trouble
    -Uhura = Unavailable due to illness

So that leaves a few like Sulu, Ezri, O'Brien, B'Elanna, Riker, Beverly, Troi, Wesley, and Q(not counting smaller side characters or w/e). I know that Cryptic has saidthey have no real plans for an Enterprise Era start or w/e any time soon, and have generally said Enterprise is the hardest to write for since its just so far in the past. So it's unlikely we will see any of the ENT cast in-game(besides Daniels OFC)

Frakes, Sirtis and de Lancie all appeared in the War of the Chosen expansion pack for XCOM 2 so I wouldn't rule them out should a good enough story for their characters be presented to them. Dorn and Crosby were in it but they're already in STO and Dwight Schultz was in that too, he does a lot of game VA so Barclay could be an option. All those actors appearing in game made me so happy.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @captainwells said:

It’s Data, but we’ll probably never see him...
    Would Brent Spiner be willing to play another character? He did play Soong in ST:E, I think.
This discussion has been closed.