test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery era pack. But no Dis Klingon faction?

In the Discovery pack. We are getting the Discovery era ships and a Klingon BOff. But we still can't make Discovery era Klingons? So my question is, why get the ships and the BOff's if we can 'look' the entire part? Because of this. I'm gonna wait till we get a fleshed out Discovery KDF faction before I buy the ships. I mean. When I beam up. I want the entire crew to look the part.

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    To answer the why: because they know "enough" people will still buy them anyway, even without being able to technically make a disco klingon.

Also, while I too want to be able to make an official disco klingon, I'm satisfied with this for now:

https://imgur.com/a/M0nXMht

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, Andre said in a livestream that tutorials are far more complicated to make than an ordinary mission. Apparently a new tutorial, even if it reuses parts of an old tutorial, takes as long to build as several ordinary missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Wish they would do more AOY, or Delta Quadrant stuff, or even Gamma,stuff instead of TRIBBLE so much potential there just going to waste.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    In the Discovery pack. We are getting the Discovery era ships and a Klingon BOff. But we still can't make Discovery era Klingons? So my question is, why get the ships and the BOff's if we can 'look' the entire part? Because of this. I'm gonna wait till we get a fleshed out Discovery KDF faction before I buy the ships. I mean. When I beam up. I want the entire crew to look the part.
    Cryptic has already said there will be no Discovery Era Klingon faction, there will only be costume unlocks to make the 2409 Klingons look like the Discovery Era ones

That kinda sucks for the warp out animations on the Klingon Discovery Era ships. And the beam up animations for the Klingons themselves. Maybe they will fix that in the future?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Well, Andre said in a livestream that tutorials are far more complicated to make than an ordinary mission. Apparently a new tutorial, even if it reuses parts of an old tutorial, takes as long to build as several ordinary missions.

Heh, then they should spend the time on making more missions then.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    > @thay8472 said:
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > Well, Andre said in a livestream that tutorials are far more complicated to make than an ordinary mission. Apparently a new tutorial, even if it reuses parts of an old tutorial, takes as long to build as several ordinary missions.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Heh, then they should spend the time on making more missions then.

They are working on more missions. It just takes time to build them.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    From what I've gathered they've pretty much said that there's no plans for a DSC era KDF tutorial at this point.

Also from various Ten Forward Weekly streams we know that it takes months to build new missions, between getting actors to record voices, writing scripts and building maps and NPCs.

So making new missions isn't something they aren't doing, but it is something they can't do overnight.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Wish they would do more AOY, or Delta Quadrant stuff, or even Gamma,stuff instead of TRIBBLE. so much potential there just going to waste.

AoY Mission arcs for the Klingons and Romulans would be good, and interesting to boot.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Wish they would do more AOY, or Delta Quadrant stuff, or even Gamma,stuff instead of TRIBBLE. so much potential there just going to waste.

AoY Mission arcs for the Klingons and Romulans would be good, and interesting to boot.

Complete agreement with you.

But having it actually happen ... well, they did say for a long time that the Kelvin Constitution would never happen and it did (granted via lockbox only) ... so ... who knows? I'll keep being hopeful.
    Qa'pla!
  • kragtastkragtast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Not a fan of DSC Klingons, they can stay where they belong in the C-Store and caught in my gravity wells. There are far far more interesting Klingon stories to be told. I would really prefer if they didn't bother with any more DSC themed episodes. Its not hating it because its new, but because its new and several steps backwards for Klingons.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    kragtast wrote: »
    Not a fan of DSC Klingons, they can stay where they belong in the C-Store and caught in my gravity wells. There are far far more interesting Klingon stories to be told. I would really prefer if they didn't bother with any more DSC themed episodes. Its not hating it because its new, but because its new and several steps backwards for Klingons.

Steps backwards for the cardboard Klingons of TNG to the multi-faceted ones of TOS? Yup, that sort of backwards.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I would really prefer if they didn't bother with any more DSC themed episodes.

Too bad, not happening.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    And honestly Mirror Tilly and her technical skills makes for a more interesting opponent than Mirror Leeta and her super pyro powers.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Mirror Leeta and her bedroom voice, "We shall meet again." Or Mirror Tilly's voice. Um. Can I choose Mirror Georgiou's voice instead?
  • kragtastkragtast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @artan42 said:
    > kragtast wrote: »
    >
    > Not a fan of DSC Klingons, they can stay where they belong in the C-Store and caught in my gravity wells. There are far far more interesting Klingon stories to be told. I would really prefer if they didn't bother with any more DSC themed episodes. Its not hating it because its new, but because its new and several steps backwards for Klingons.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Steps backwards for the cardboard Klingons of TNG to the multi-faceted ones of TOS? Yup, that sort of backwards.​​

Oh you poor misguided fool, you never watched DS9 did you? Klingons became a culture over the course of that show. Now they're back to being orks in spaceships.
    Narrator: "Orrrrrrcs in Spaaaaace! We return to our illustrious crew of Grishnak, Ugluk, and Shagrat, still arguing over who got more than their fair share of the crew of pigs."
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    > @artan42 said:
    > kragtast wrote: »
    >
    > Not a fan of DSC Klingons, they can stay where they belong in the C-Store and caught in my gravity wells. There are far far more interesting Klingon stories to be told. I would really prefer if they didn't bother with any more DSC themed episodes. Its not hating it because its new, but because its new and several steps backwards for Klingons.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Steps backwards for the cardboard Klingons of TNG to the multi-faceted ones of TOS? Yup, that sort of backwards.

Oh you poor misguided fool, you never watched DS9 did you? Klingons became a culture over the course of that show. Now they're back to being orks in spaceships.

No they didn't. Martok did. No other Klingon did, that was the point of what Ezri said to Worf.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    It was announced long ago that the Combat Tardigrade in the Discovery Pack would me made a once-per-character unlock, but it is still only once-per-account.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    No, it was not. Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.