test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggesting a New Game Feature

theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
While loading into Assault on Terok Nor I got disconnected (yet again). I fired up the game immediately only to be stuck in the transporter room at the beginning of the operation while my team mates were off fighting the good fight. Since I didn't want the leaver penalty I stuck it out only to receive an AFK penalty. This has left me free to post on the forum and exercise my will to fight back much snark and sarcasm.

So here is what I propose to prevent such an issue in the future; A command, similar to the "/stuck" command, that operates like a site-to-site transport that plops you down near a team mate. Let's call it a "Quality of Life" upgrade.

Is such a thing doable or am I just a lunatic with too much time to think?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    While loading into Assault on Terok Nor I got disconnected (yet again). I fired up the game immediately only to be stuck in the transporter room at the beginning of the operation while my team mates were off fighting the good fight. Since I didn't want the leaver penalty I stuck it out only to receive an AFK penalty. This has left me free to post on the forum and exercise my will to fight back much snark and sarcasm.

So here is what I propose to prevent such an issue in the future; A command, similar to the "/stuck" command, that operates like a site-to-site transport that plops you down near a team mate. Let's call it a "Quality of Life" upgrade.

Is such a thing doable or am I just a lunatic with too much time to think?

For this one. I'd just make one of the NPCs or the transporter pad itself remain active after the briefing. This way you could interact with said item and be transported to where you needed to be.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    The function exists and is implemented in some queues as a "rally at" button. It's not a bad idea to have a universal function. It may even exist buried somewhere
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
    @trennan

That would do the trick. I just figure that a universal function would be more efficient and easier to implement.

@jozen

If it does exist and is buried, it's buried well. It would be easier to find using trennan's suggestion of a rally button.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    A lot of maps simply have a door or other interact to move you along. If this doesn't that's a rather annoying oversight.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    A lot of maps simply have a door or other interact to move you along. If this doesn't that's a rather annoying oversight.

It's the change they made to it. I've gotten the mission start in the transporter room, and the one that puts you on DS9. So you it technically has two beam in points for the start of it. Where as it was originally started in just the transporter room.

I'd say this falls into the "unexpected" bug area. With the two starting points, the transporter room and just appearing in Quark's, I don't think they expected people to get trapped in the transporter room.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.