test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Seventeen: Its got a wide range of food programmed in thanks to some sharing with federation replicator databases. It even has some klingon food.

Jessica: Stay safe Rose... *she sounds worried* We'll be back soon okay?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Nick: What i was about to get is probably so obscure the only programming for it is on my ship's replicators and on my gauntlet... and my gauntlet can sync with certain computer systems so i can enjoy my weird dishes wherever i go... it's a complicated thing to explain... I just wanted my weird food dish... guess whenever we find my gauntlet...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Seventeen: Well we're not leaving just yet so I could set up a data transfer with the Tepes so we can make it.

edited February 2019
    Nick: That works.... The dish is Deer-Heart Tacos with sweet-corn, sour cream, and Bloody mary salsa... and while i wait for that... *Looks at the replicator* I'm gonna take a bowl of fried tortilla chips and Wasabi Guacamole to dip them in. if you have that kinda guac... if not I can wait for the data transfer to have that too...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    *Seventeen feigns vomiting*

Seventeen: That sounds worse than Gagh! *she has her comms officer request the data transfer on the replicator recipes*
    Nick: Which part... the deer heart or the Wasabi Guacamole... *Gets his bowl of Tortilla chips* Like i wanna say the deer heart but you never know.... could be both for all i know... *Sets the bowl down and takes out a PADD, the Tepes confirming and beginning the short data transfer moments later*
    Seventeen: its both. *She looks at the report* They're done transferring it.
    Nick: Eh, at least the Wasabi Guac sounds more normal. and it mixes well with the avocado when you're making it. It replaces regular ingredients like jalapenos... Much hotter and unbelievably good... *Walks over to the Replicator, getting the rest of his meal* at least you didn't question the bloody mary salsa. *Chuckles, taking his food and sitting down* the name of the salsa is just for show. its just a regular salsa with horseradish and a small bit of Worcestershire sauce mixed in.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    (uh...that's not that obscure...i would think the replicator would have patterns for EVERY part of thousands of animals, not just the parts most humans usually eat today - and they ARE capable of build-it-your-way, like burger king

nick could've just asked for the taco as stated and then asked for the beef to be replaced with chopped (i assume?) deer heart

also, by now...the thing is going to have WAY more than just klingon options for foreign choices

and WHERE'S THAT DAMN INTEL AND/OR TERRAN FLEET?!)

*alex raises an eye while working through another burrito* deer heart tacos? that's new - never heard anyone eating those before​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,892 Arc User
    jakara: im just being friendly is all.

kiena: its ok...you're a lot nicer then the people that usually come here, and i do have a menu if you are all interested.

the menu consists of:
    Drinks

Bespin Port- A sweet port native to Bespin
    Breath of Heaven- The Galaxy's most potent firewater
    Corellian Ale- Has a sweet flavor and a medium weight body
    Corellian Brandy- There is no Brandy more flavorful and savory than Corellian Brandy. made with real Corellian fruits
    Durindfire- A rare beverage that lights up with a phosphorescent glow when exposed to oxygen
    Elshandruu Pica Thundercloud- Strongest drink in the galaxy!
    Flameout- Strange reactionary drink, burns the tongue while freezing the throat
    Mandalorian wine- best mando papuur'gal you'll find in the city
    Mandallian Narcolethe- Made by the Mandallian Giants, favored by members of the Death Watch!
    Ne'tra gal- Good ol' Black ale made in house
    Starshine Surprise- Best for unintended blackout stargazing
    T'illa-T'iil- Sparkling wine. Triple filtered, triple carbonated
    Vasarian Brandy- Sweet, made from the rare fruits and berries of Talus

--Non-Alcoholic Drinks--

Lopez Drinks
    Ruby Bliel
    Spiced Tea

Food
    Crispic- A fried snack roll filled with meat
    Karkan Ribenes- Slow cooked meat ribs
    Gruuvan Shaal- seasoned lizard meat and vegetables on a wooden spit
    Tiingilar- A spicy mandalorian casserole made with a blend of meat, vegetables and spices
    Trimpian- Sliced meat served in a seasoned miasra sauce
    Scrimpi- a spicy meat dish
    Deep-Fried Nuna Legs- Self explanatory

--Desserts--

Uj'alayi- made of crushed nuts, dried fruits, and uj'ayl syrup. a Mandalorian favorite!
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    (no nerf steaks or burgers...i am disappoint)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Ethrit: I wonder if Corellian brandy is still just as good as when I last had it. *He looks thoughtful*

Seventeen: I figured it had something to do with the drink.

Jessica: Well Rose has decided to sit this out so I guess we should get going soon. Seventeen have your ship go to these coordinates. *hands her a padd* that's where we'll cross over.
    edited February 2019
    (Well the pattern is his... as in its a scan of something he himself cooked and would trust more than whatever the replicator would spit out at him. Especially since deer heart can be tough to cook since it cooks really fast.)

Nick: they're pretty good. You wanna try one?

Briana: Wow... all this sounds pretty good... So uhhh... one thing before we order... Can we discuss payment? We don't have money, and yes, i know that sounds really bad but we've been on an expedition and we only have some rare valuables to trade. *Opens her hand, showing a small emerald in the palm of her hand* would you be able to take this as payment or is there somewhere we can exchange this?

(Also saving stuff with the terran intel for now since we're about to go on the mission)
    Ethrit: I wonder if credits from my time are still good... *he looks thoughtful again*

*The T'laru goes to warp heading to the coordinates which aren't too far away, somewhat near Tzenkethi space*
    edited February 2019
    (well, what do i do until then? alex is semi-locked down until the rescue actually gets underway, rakesh and republic!matt won't show up until the hur'q and matt is a puppy, so i need kayla for any interaction with him at present, until his brain fixes itself)

alex: sure - wanna burrito in exchange? fair warning - it has a ghost pepper/carolina reaper hybrid sauce​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: You had me at Burrito. you only made everything sound a thousand times better with mentioning ghost pepper and Carolina reaper. *Slides his plate close to alex so he can commence the exchange of food*

(not sure... could send spies after the group in M-33.... well after they get their drinks and food or something... )
    *he snags one of the deerheart tacos and places it on his plate, then slides the plate back to nick* it's been a while since i've eaten something's heart; i'm sure you probably know, but several ancient cultures on earth used to believe - and some surviving ones today might STILL believe - that consuming a heart would confer the strength of whatever creature it had come from upon the one that consumed it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: *nods, picking up the burrito and taking a bit, swallowing it with some tears in his eyes. he chuckles* Hey, this is pretty good.... as for the deer heart, It tastes good and is an underutilized ingredient. It has a lot of flavor and when I used to hunt, many hunters i knew would leave the heart and everything else they didn't think they could use. Trim the fat off and cook it for a minute or so depending on how its cut, and it's an amazing delectable dish. the inspiration for eating it is less from the cultures that believe on gaining strength and power from the heart, and more on the cultures that would use almost every part of the animal they hunted to show respect for the animal's life.
    *Jessica sighs and starts playing tetris on the wrist computer of her MACO suit*

Jessica: When we get there insert this chip it contains necessary data on how we can jump to their universe. *she hands a chip to Seventeen* It requires very precise calculations otherwise we could win up somewhere we don't want to be.

Seventeen: Got it. I'll have my second officer let me know when we're shifting over. *the ship arrives soon after and the T'laru's deflector automatically begins projecting a dimensional tear for them and Seventeen orders them through it. Once they're in the mirror universe the T'laur engages its cloak*
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,892 Arc User
    kiena: *gasps as she looks at it quickly covering brianas hands.* do you know how much thats worth here? *she says in a hushed tone.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    *another signal is sent from "malfunctioning" systems as Mirror Krystal continues to hunt her elusive counterpart*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Briana: No... is it a lot here?... can we use it?
    *aex chows down on the taco, devouring it in a few bites* yeah, definitely a interesting flavour...i should start eating hearts again *his ears then perk up* i think we're preparing for dimensional crossing​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: I suppose we are.... *pats the chainsword strapped to his back before continuing to eat the burrito*
    *alex also pushes over the large pitcher of milk and a glass, which he had replicated with the burrito* you look like you could use this *he smirks, indicating nick's watering eyes*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: I'm good. its part of the experience *Chuckles as he starts to eat his tacos with the burrito out of the way, taking some chips and guac every now and then*
    Seventeen: *gets out of her seat as an officer comes in* We're here. *she gets in the captain's chair on the bridge and Jessica follows her*
    *alex gets to his feet, quickly wolfing down the final burrito on the plate and gulping down an entire glass of milk after it before gathering the refuse up for recycling* that's our cue *he says, somewhat hoarsely from the burning in his mouth*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: *Stands up, scarfing down the rest of his food eagerly. leaving the bowl of chips and guac for his return* Lets go. *Coughs a bit, silently enduring the heat from the delicious hell burrito*
    Seventeen: I've got good news. The intel drones we launched are picking up a strange signal appearing to be in more code coming from a station deeper in the sector. Our cloak should protect use but we'll be deep enough that it would be a lot of trouble if we get caught.