test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Klingon ships warp animations

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
For the Discovery Klingon ships, will we ever get the Discovery warp animations? Like on Fed side? Since they said their not going to release a KDF Dis. Faction. I really would like to 'feel the part' when I buy a Dis Klingon ship. The old warp animation looks bad on them. Anyone know if they said they would change it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Warp outs are tied to faction. So a normal Fed flying the Discovery ships will still have the TNG warp out. Hell... Discovery captains flying TNG ships have the Discovery warp out.

The only ships that technically have a different warp out effect are the Kelvin Timeline ships, but it can be argued that its just an overlay or something on top of the TNG style, adding the particle warp trails and swapping the diamond shaped flash for a round one. But still functionally the same as the default.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    I want to say that during one of the livestreams, they said they were looking into whether it would be feasible.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    The fact that the Discovery ship does it's special spin even if you are NOT part of the actual disco faction is proof that they can give an individual ship it's own unique effect not tied to the specific faction.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    The fact that the Discovery ship does it's special spin even if you are NOT part of the actual disco faction is proof that they can give an individual ship it's own unique effect not tied to the specific faction.

Except for the fact that Other than the Crossfield, Transwarp animations are universally shared by all factions.

Personally I wish they'd replace the old vortex with the one from the Temporal Drive we see in cutscenes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Except for the fact that Other than the Crossfield, Transwarp animations are universally shared by all factions.

Yeah, it was the first ship that had something that unique, so I'm glad they decided to do it. But the point is...they can.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Warp outs are tied to faction. So a normal Fed flying the Discovery ships will still have the TNG warp out. Hell... Discovery captains flying TNG ships have the Discovery warp out.

The only ships that technically have a different warp out effect are the Kelvin Timeline ships, but it can be argued that its just an overlay or something on top of the TNG style, adding the particle warp trails and swapping the diamond shaped flash for a round one. But still functionally the same as the default.
    while that is true i have noticed my non des disco ships with non disco captains still have the same "powering up" sound as disco warp it only revert to normal when you actually go into warp.

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Ideally it would be an option in the customisation screen of the ship. Warp effects and transporters. Enterprise era, Kelvin Timeline, Discovery era, TOS era, TMP, TOS Films era, and TNG-NEM.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    while that is true i have noticed my non des disco ships with non disco captains still have the same "powering up" sound as disco warp it only revert to normal when you actually go into warp.

I believe it was explained that originally the game was only supposed to have one sound effect. So now suddenly having two... the charge up sounds being overwritten by the new one.
    Kinda reminds me of when the Romulans were first introduced, and Feds/KDF started having Romulan green warp effectsrather than their own.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I just want Dis ships all to use the Dis warp animations. Even if you not playing a Dis character.
This discussion has been closed.