test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen and the Art of Big Mac

nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Ten Forward
Yahoo for us all. At least Cryptic made it appropriately themed too.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11090483

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    They don't have a $1 Menu in California? Because that is what I usually go for at McDonalds from what I remember of it. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @nixboox said:
    > Meh... If the prices weren't so high in the C-store I might be more excited. One of the drawbacks to this being a California company - they have a very different concept of money. You can literally go to McDonalds in California and think $20 is how much lunch costs...like seriously $8 for a Big Mac! Go to McDonalds in the midwest and we can get the same meal and get change back from a $5.

Where? Because in the midwest state of South Dakota a Big Mac is 8 dollars too (its also one of the most disgusting things ever imagined but I digress).

In my country is the equivalent of 10 dollars.. or 12... so yeah...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    They don't have a $1 Menu in California? Because that is what I usually go for at McDonalds from what I remember of it. LOL!

That was ages ago...I remembered those good old days too...long gone in CA.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Seriously, we're talking about McDonald's here?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

That was ages ago...I remembered those good old days too...long gone in CA.​​

Hmmm... how odd. I believe we still have the $1-$2-$3 Value Menus and 2 for $5 sandwich deals on the menus here in Arizona. Matter of fact, I just asked the Hubby...he says, "I always order off the $1 menu."

You are living in the wrong state!! LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Seriously, the $8 for the Big Mac is for the combo with Fries and a Medium Softdrink.

And in my area, what would cost $10 for two Egg McMuffins and an OJ on the road to the airport would cost you less than $8 a few miles away.

Location, location, location. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Shoot where I live right now an EVM is the local equivalent of about $40!! Consequently, Micky D's is generally considered a good dating restaurant for high school and uni couples as a result.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Seriously, we're talking about McDonald's here?

Na its Star Trek Online general discussion. :)

star-trek-first-look.jpg

Enjoy.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jeff#1284 jeff Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    OMG!!! We know way too much about Mcd's!!!

The nerd is strong with them...
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    While currency exchange rates will obviously give you direct comparisons of money, the price of a Big Mac is often cited as a more grounded way to assess the economic notion of purchasing power parity without all the arbitrage hubbub. It's sufficiently standardized and widely available and large numbers of people either purchase or at least understand what you get for the money.

The price of a Big Mac and the variations will take into consideration not only currency differences if any exist, but also cost of living differences in things like energy and utilities, rent, labor. It enables analysts to get an alternate view of the true "value" of an item relative to its price. Also, in pricing strategy, the notion of "anchoring" is a significant driver of perceptions of whether something is "expensive" or "cheap" for the money.

We also often used it to create an "index" price, so that if a Big Mac cost $5 in one location and $5.50 in another, the index would be 110. From that, we could make relative comparisons of other items from labor to rents to get a better understanding of local economics. It allowed us to focus further analysis.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Moved to Ten Forward and changed the title since we obviously aren't talking about the game anymore. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    TRIBBLE the Big Mac! I just want my Food Cubes.

They come in different varieties:

Cubes, the Original Recipe
    Diet Cubes for the calorie conscious
    Snack Cubes for that salty-sweet bite
    Zesty Cubes packed with extra flavor
    Energy Cubes with extra carbs and minerals to sustain you during strenuous work or play.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The last time I thought about McDonalds was when I saw a tv ad about them adding bacon to some classic burgers, but how on Earth did this about the V-Day Zen sale bonus switch to McDonalds lol