test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

meanwhile....what happend to the storylines...

spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
So while I enjoy the Discovery stuff I am curious, whatever happend to the other storylines?
There is to much jumping around from one timeline or one universe to the next
to get some kind of red lining through it all. One moment your fighting hurq the next your time
jumping into the past for a few missions then your back in the regular timeline with your new toon
and then suddenly we are suppose to help a other universe Tilly and then she betrays us and then..

It just gets messy, I am beginning to think that it is just people throwing in ideas instead of working
on ONE storyline. As new materia shows up then they are added, not so seemless as it may seem.

Its like we are getting 3 or 4 different views until we are back at the hurq invasion and then something new
thread, new universe is added.

I know there is at least 3 different timelines thats in play and it makes it confusing to try and keep track of all
3 storylines.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    As for the story lines, they've said they're trying to start this one, then start another, and maybe a third, then jump around and add more to them. Not sure how well it will work though.

As far as the time line stuff. It all happens in the primary timeline of the game.

All the crossover stuff isn't anything Temporal, unless changing from one time zone to another is a Temporal event. It's all dimensional crossovers.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I was surprised that the Captn Killy part wasnt in the disco timeline ? My disco toon was in the defend mission of the station and it end with daniels. or did they add it before and i havnt seen it because i was already at the part with the Spacestation ?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Daniels was always there at the end of the Disc toon part to whisk you into the Prime Timeline.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Daniels was always there at the end of the Disc toon part to whisk you into the Prime Timeline.

xeah, i mean if i had would start a new disco char would the tilly parts be before daniels ? yesterday i have to choose them after in was in the future

xeah, i mean if i had would start a new disco char would the tilly parts be before daniels ? yesterday i have to choose them after in was in the future

This is alos assuming that Disco Tilly and Mirror Tilly existed at the same time. There is no evidence at all to say this is what's happening.

With how the Mirror Universe works, you have to consider the opposite of your charater, or any character. So, what would the opposite of a Starfleet Captain be? A Planetary ground pounder, in this case, a police officer at best.

So if you ignore the contradiction of how they set it up. Where the individual is the opposite of their Prime counterpart, only in personality. Leeta being the only real example of being the opposite of her Prime counter part. The it makes understanding that a Prime and Mirror counterpart not existing at the same point in the two separate timelines easy to understand.

Different dimensions(universes), different timelines.

For example, the Kelvin Timeline is in their TOS period at the same time as where we are in the Prime Timeline. Meaning the MU's timeline is no different. So by removing the assumption that Prime and Mirror counterparts exist at the same point and time in both timelines. Then Mirror Tilly appearance becomes a lot more plausible for the story arc.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Seems like a pretty direct line through a single story to me. As a regular Fed you graduate and get drafted into the Klingon War, you follow the story naturally through the episodes, Romulans, Cardassians, Borg, and then you're on New Romulus and are led to Solanae which leads you to the Delta quadrant and then the Iconians where you blatantly use time travel which brings you into Daniels machinations, when you're done with that you deal with the Lukari and then the Hurq.

After this you do 'Simulations' of historic events in Discovery missions, unlike a Discovery starting Captain for who these events are real before Daniels grabs you up and you start the normal story, similarly as a TOS Captain you start in TOS and get dragged into Daniels plans real quick, which is probably better than being dead, but otherwise it's the same story. You're just a bit more time travel oriented.

• jeff#1284 jeff Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    "Send Ms. Leeta to my quarters, I will personally test this, "timeline" myself."

"Computer, play smooth jams 1990's mix".
    "lets get it on"...
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It is my understanding that "Home" is technically the end of the Hur'q storyline, despite what some may feel as an incomplete story.

For Age of Discovery, the story is a little disjointed if you're a anything but a DSC character.

- "Secrets" and "Downfall" occur for everyone in the 25th century as historical simulation (think of every episode prior to the Gamma Quadrant arc for Dominion).
    - Discovery starfleet characters have the above episodes as part of their natural progression, before jumping forward in time.
    - The arc is unfinished for the time being, as J'Ula hasn't been dealt with yet.

For Mirror of Discovery, the story happens AFTER the events of the Gamma Quadrant arc, so you're in 2410, but so is Mirror Tilly. While the Discovery is sent back in time, she remains a threat.

What's basically going on is that the devs are wanting to avoid just staying on one storyline from beginning to end in order to avoid arc fatigue on themselves. As long as we get Star Trek shows, we'll likely be in this... disjointed bit of story release.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    It is my understanding that "Home" is technically the end of the Hur'q storyline, despite what some may feel as an incomplete story.

For Age of Discovery, the story is a little disjointed if you're a anything but a DSC character.

- "Secrets" and "Downfall" occur for everyone in the 25th century as historical simulation (think of every episode prior to the Gamma Quadrant arc for Dominion).
    - Discovery starfleet characters have the above episodes as part of their natural progression, before jumping forward in time.
    - The arc is unfinished for the time being, as J'Ula hasn't been dealt with yet.

For Mirror of Discovery, the story happens AFTER the events of the Gamma Quadrant arc, so you're in 2410, but so is Mirror Tilly. While the Discovery is sent back in time, she remains a threat.

Except that DSC characters do Mirror immediately after arriving in the future for some reason...so for them it somehow takes place before anything else.

I guess Cryptic assumes players are idiots and that those with DSC toons will forget and be confused and angry by Tilly recognizing them unless it happens within 20 minutes of creating the character. :p
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I wouldn't say there are no connections. The entire early game is basically "It was the Iconians all along!" from the klingon war to hobus blowing up to the vaudwaar. Then it was the time war, which was paradoxically always happening throughout the timeline. Even the Kelvin universe episode was connected because the same aliens were involved.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    If you played the missions in order they would make sense
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    so if I get this right, the end of the "main arc" is the hurq, and there we sit until next expansion of STO? and in the meanwhile we are fed with these side arc's that end up at same point as main arc goes, so eventually we hit the brick wall of end of hurq threat? We are not allowed to evolve further?
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    so if I get this right, the end of the "main arc" is the hurq, and there we sit until next expansion of STO? and in the meanwhile we are fed with these side arc's that end up at same point as main arc goes, so eventually we hit the brick wall of end of hurq threat? We are not allowed to evolve further?

You're supposed to ETF or TFO or whatever they're called now and keep doing it to fill your reputationometer until a new threat presents itself to the galaxy.

Yeah, filler content, do TFO, grind DIL, rinse repeat... gotcha...
    nixboox wrote: »

You're supposed to ETF or TFO or whatever they're called now and keep doing it to fill your reputationometer until a new threat presents itself to the galaxy.

Well, on the bright side there. If things are still on schedule that Cryptic put out. Then we should be receiving a new Ground TFO next month. I believe it was set on Pahvo.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    No, just do the new missions which take place in 2410.

After Age of Discovery is done we know Cryptic plans to do a Mirror Leeta storyline, and a possible Borg storyline. Though, those were some of the last story ideas they had before all these new Trek shows started coming out

Well we might be able to say we've made it to 2411. They had stated in a live stream that New Frontiers was suppose to kick off 2411. However, they dropped Beyond the Nexus toward the end, which rooted the arc in 2410. We can pretty much make a safe assumption that everything after New Frontiers happens in 2411.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I think the Borg story line is going to be a touch up of the original one since that one was removed from the main list.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I think the Borg story line is going to be a touch up of the original one since that one was removed from the main list.

Only story arc removed from the episode list right now, is the Breen arc. Which I believe if for remastering. But you can still find the mission in the available tab of the quest journal.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Only story arc removed from the episode list right now, is the Breen arc. Which I believe if for remastering. But you can still find the mission in the available tab of the quest journal.
    The Breen, Wasteland, Specters, and 2800 arcs got removed from the main mission journal, and moved into the available tab.

And, as far as Cryptic has said, there are no plans to remaster them.

To add on to this, only the Klingon War episodes, some of which feature B'Vat and Miral Paris, are slated to be remastered in the future.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Am begining to see why Archer got anoyed with Daniels messing with him and the timeline, hes starting to see more like a menice.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
This discussion has been closed.