test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning: the T'Kuvma outfit is wrong (and now broken)

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Warning to anyone buying this outfit: it is NOT the correct outfit. These pics give the details:

https://imgur.com/a/5lC0UeB

Just a PSA/warning to anyone buying this.

PS: credit goes to reddit for first pointing this out.

***Edit 1***

CM Kael responded on reddit (not the official forums) to confirm this is in fact not T'Kuvma's outfit, but rather the outfit his "house" wears.

***Edit 2***

As of the last patch this outfit is broken and cannot be selected in the costume editor. If you are buying the boff to use the outfit be forewarned you won't be able to use the uniform until this is fixed.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Warning to anyone buying this outfit: it is NOT the correct outfit. These pics give the details:

I suppose it's "house T'Kuvma" rather then his personal outfit, since in DSC each house has their own uniform style. So while the name is somewhat missleading it's not outright lying or incorrect.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It looks like Voq's outfit instead of T'Kuvma's outfit. Does the outfit include any chest gear? The boots and skirts look like it would be two completely different versions, Voq's skirt and boots which are displayed in the image and T'Kuvma's skirt and boots.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Yes, it's most likely meant to be the "House T'Kuvma" outfit as the devs mentioned that they wanted to get all of those House outfits into the game.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    How the hell do you get the rings on the forehead like in your picture ? also i dont find the disco klingon clothes at the tailor on the klingon city. i want to give it to one of my boffs
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

I suppose it's "house T'Kuvma" rather then his personal outfit, since in DSC each house has their own uniform style. So while the name is somewhat missleading it's not outright lying or incorrect.

Very good to know for anyone buying this & that was a priority.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    How the hell do you get the rings on the forehead like in your picture ?

Kelvin Timeline Klingon outfit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Props to Cryptic for changing the name in the description at least.

Things like this are important to address, and I am glad they did.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    How the hell do you get the rings on the forehead like in your picture ?

Kelvin Timeline Klingon outfit.

Thank you

BTW i found the outfit. Funny thing, it fits a gorn much better than klingons
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Awwww...it was the ruby (or whatever the red gems are) and the gold in the fabric in that costume that I liked. Oh well... don't remember seeing the all brown (?) ish one.

Give me more bling!!

I only saw the first few Star Trek Discovery programs. I remember seeing what T'Kuvma wore. I don't remember anything about different uniforms for different Klingon Houses thing. That was not a detail that stuck in my mind.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    You found the outfit? Do tell.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Awwww...it was the ruby (or whatever the red gems are) and the gold in the fabric in that costume that I liked. Oh well... don't remember seeing the all brown (?) ish one.

Give me more bling!!

I only saw the first few Star Trek Discovery programs. I remember seeing what T'Kuvma wore. I don't remember anything about different uniforms for different Klingon Houses thing. That was not a detail that stuck in my mind.
    You only really see House Kor outfits(besides the House T'Kuvma ones that) in season 1 of DSC and they're a leather outfit that looks kind of like a mix between parts of the honor guard and flagship outfits with gold accents. any "generic" klingons used the House T'Kuvma armor.

That's why House Mo'kai Warriors in STO look different from the ones in DSC season 1, since the DSC ones used house T'Kuvma armor, haven't see the season 2 ones in enough detail to say what their outfits look like.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Hey folks,

Just copying a post from Kael from reddit about this matter.

Hey folks, just tracked this one down, and here's the deal:

You're correct that the outfit is not "Tkuvma's Armor." It is, in fact, "House T'kuvma" armor, which is worn by everyone who is part of House T'kuvma, including Voq. I've updated the original blog, but this may not end up changing in game any time soon. If we do ever make the armor worn by T'kuvma, I'll make sure we add the "'s" in there. :)

Original comment can be found here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/aqnfe8/so_at_some_point_will_the_tkuvma_outfit_actually/
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    edited February 2019
    You only really see House Kor outfits(besides the House T'Kuvma ones that) in season 1 of DSC and they're a leather outfit that looks kind of like a mix between parts of the honor guard and flagship outfits with gold accents. any "generic" klingons used the House T'Kuvma armor.

That's why House Mo'kai Warriors in STO look different from the ones in DSC season 1, since the DSC ones used house T'Kuvma armor, haven't see the season 2 ones in enough detail to say what their outfits look like.

I did NOT see season 1 of Star Trek Discovery...I am not watching season 2.
    I saw the free one on CBS regular channel and the first month of CBS All Access.
    I did not continue with paying CBS All Access.

I no longer watched Discovery after they let that Tardigrade go.
    Yes, I actually LIKED the little Tardigrade story. That was about it.

I like "The Orville", though. I am recording that on my DVR. :)

So, anything like costumes etc...has to be better explained so I can look them up online somewhere. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yes, it's most likely meant to be the "House T'Kuvma" outfit as the devs mentioned that they wanted to get all of those House outfits into the game.
    Yeah it's also very much like what L'rell wears.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

You have to choose it on the upper right of the uniform screen. there are not clothes, its a uniform like the rep ones. i only found it after i read the solution on reddit

BTW, offtopic. if you buy the Kelvin Klingon pack, is it possible to give the look and clothes to your boffs ? (only on char ?). And are they normal clothes or a whole uniform like the tkuvma one
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

You have to choose it on the upper right of the uniform screen. there are not clothes, its a uniform like the rep ones. i only found it after i read the solution on reddit

BTW, offtopic. if you buy the Kelvin Klingon pack, is it possible to give the look and clothes to your boffs ? (only on char ?). And are they normal clothes or a whole uniform like the tkuvma one

you can use the kelvin timeline klingon regalia on boffs. it is under the normal uniform category, so you can mix and match it, though I think only klingons can use the head rings.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    thank you, time to open some lockboxes

Yes. All my Captain and my BOFFs can wear the uniform. BUT...ridges with the rings is an option for Klingons...as it is something you pick for "ridges" in the Head options.

Thanks, bought it. looks great
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Clearly Klingons don't like comfort ...is cotton banned on their world?
    GwaoHAD.png
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Well ever since TNG klingons have had this macho masochism thing going, where they willingly and intentionally go against what's confortble to show how "though" they are.

So it's less that a cotton analogue doesn't exist in Kronos (some TNG era klingon outfits are clearly made of cotton or wool at least partly) or is banned but more that "true warrior" does not wear a comfortble outfit as it would make them "soft".
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Well ever since TNG klingons have had this macho masochism thing going, where they willingly and intentionally go against what's confortble to show how "though" they are.

So it's less that a cotton analogue doesn't exist in Kronos (some TNG era klingon outfits are clearly made of cotton or wool at least partly) or is banned but more that "true warrior" does not wear a comfortble outfit as it would make them "soft".
    Yeah these are the guys who get poked with pain sticks for amusement.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Of course it is the costume for House T'Kuvma and not T'Kuvma's own personal outfit. Are you T'Kuvma?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @ltminns said:
    > Of course it is the costume for House T'Kuvma and not T'Kuvma's own personal outfit. Are you T'Kuvma?

Silly question considering we got Khan's personal outfit. Also 7 of 9. Maybe others I don't recall at the moment.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was a joke.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It was a joke.

I thought it was kinda funny. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited February 2019
    Although the issue I originally mentioned has been "addressed", a more important issue has developed: this uniform is no longer even usable in game. It has been completely removed from the costume editor options. To be clear, any character that ALREADY had it equiped before the last patch still has it on, but if you did not already have on a character or boff as of this post you cannot actually use the thing you paid for. Pretty cool huh?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    No. :( I didn't get to play with it, yet. :::pout::::

Although the issue I originally mentioned has been "addressed", a more important issue has developed: this uniform is no longer even usable in game. It has been completely removed from the costume editor options. To be clear, any character that ALREADY had it equiped before the last patch still has it on, but if you did not already have on a character or boff as of this post you cannot actually use the thing you paid for. Pretty cool huh?
    Oh it's THERE, but the costume category for it is broken. You can't edit the boff because of it. This bug has given me a limited experience with mixing the pieces with 2409 KDF attire, and it's REALLY good. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Oh it's THERE, but the costume category for it is broken. You can't edit the boff because of it. This bug has given me a limited experience with mixing the pieces with 2409 KDF attire, and it's REALLY good. :D

Nope. If someone buys this costume today, goes to the tailor, and tries to use it on their character it is not "there". They can't select it in any way, period.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.