Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    ~Cartman voice~: SWEEEEEET! ( ^_^ )

Seeeeeeeeeeee?

TOS CAN look good. And this ain't 'cardboard and string'. :p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The longer one have this BSG Reboot vibe. I love it, thats Trek in that Era supposed to look

BTW, if you own Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion, keep an eye out for this

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation

The Armada 3 Mod of the same Team is the best Trek Game after STO
    The longer one have this BSG Reboot vibe. I love it, thats Trek in that Era supposed to look
    BINGO

Also, the Aeries can take a beating, yet the Discovery can't even handle rocks hitting it. Even the wrecked Constellation took rock impact ok.

Anyhow....CBS/Paramount, the 2 spoiled brats that they are, outta hire the entire production team and staff here and let them make the official shows.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    This reminded me of something completely absent from Discovery: The Klingon theme music! Rrrrr pig-34.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This reminded me of something completely absent from Discovery: The Klingon theme music! Rrrrr pig-34.gif​​

And Klingon vessels that look Klingon. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    That appeared in Disco now.

Username checks out
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

BTW, if you own Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion, keep an eye out for this

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation

The Armada 3 Mod of the same Team is the best Trek Game after STO

There is no Axanar era therefore there's no look a ship should have.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2019
    Gatekeeping removed, per FCT and flaming/trolling rules. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    valoreah wrote: »
    Meh.

Make it better
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    ... Axanar was never meant to be actually made, it was a lawbreaking scam from day 1, and still is.

If so, Peters could have taken the $1.2 million, claimed artistic differences broke up the party, and walked away with absolutely nothing anyone could have done about it. Instead, he's still renting studios, building props, and making costumes. That's a lot of dedication to a scam that's so far cost him more than he's made off of it.

The Axanar Era is early TOS. Since we see only a very few ships and stations, exactly what that style is is hard to pin down. Was Enterprise a 'new design aesthetic' of its time? Or was it 'same old that they have used forever?'

Whether one likes Axanar is not relevant. It's not canon, but it's out there. I personally liked Star Fleet Battles Universe, (though I moved on to other games before the Trek RPG came out,) and that's not canon either. But they had some interesting ship concepts, and they had a lot of them, all based on the TOS aesthetic.
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    22) Gatekeeping
    gatekeeping: the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something.
    When someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community or identity.

It is ok to dislike/hate something about Star Trek. It is ok to dislike/hate something about Star Trek Online. It is ok to express those things in the forum within the ToS and Community Rules and Policies. It is NOT ok to attack other forum users for liking/loving those same things for themselves.

Gatekeeping against other forum users will not be tolerated on the STO forum. It has been officially decided to be a form of trolling and, depending on language, flaming, and will be dealt with as such.

Thread closed.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.