test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrestricted Talior......... again

13»

Comments

• lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    I would be happy with just cat ears and tails. Got a toon all planned out for when it happens. Will be my new main even. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    On a tailor-related tangent... does anyone else have 260+ outfits, and seen the glitch that happens?

Apparently there is an unmentioned cap that limits you to have 260 outfits, and if you go over the limit makes your tailor do wonky things to the first outfits that you created.

First of all, why is there a limit?
    Second, why don't they mention the limit anywhere?
    Third, why is it possible to go over the limit?

Easy fix: remove the limit cap...please? Some of us like building ships, some of us like making outfits!

What exactly do you mean by "260"? 260 captains and boffs with individual outfits across all toons I easily have. 260 outfit slots for a single captain I don't.

Also, are you sure it's 260 and not 255 or 256? Because then I might have a guess at the answer to your first question.

Either way, if it does "wonky things" but not prevent you from getting that much outfits (whatever they are) in the first place, my guess is it's not an "intended limit", so they don't know about it, answering questions 2 and 3. It's a bug, not a feature.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm sure we'd all love to have this, but let's face it, there are IP issues involved here. They obviously can't have Fed captains running around in KDF uniforms with Rom badges on, etc. You know that there are people that would take it to the extreme.

So yeah, not going to happen.

Do you even play STO, bro?

The whole "They have to be true to the IP!" argument gets dragged out behind the woodshed and shot by a casual stroll around ESD and flight around ESD space. "You can't have Starfleet officers in KDF uniforms, it would ruin the Trek feel! Starfleet Officers running around in Terran uniforms and flying Elachi Dreadnoughts though? Totally legit!"
    It is neither foolish nor invalid. Your claim is. Having a standard of quality for the game's look is quite valid. Poor quality tends to drive customers away. It's funny how players here will rage and demand over the quality of other things in-game, but on this it's ok to let it slide. :unamused:

Yeah...but you're not actually talking about maintaining a standard of quality, you're justifying arbitrary restrictions for the purpose of concealing quality issues.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    On a tailor-related tangent... does anyone else have 260+ outfits, and seen the glitch that happens?

Apparently there is an unmentioned cap that limits you to have 260 outfits, and if you go over the limit makes your tailor do wonky things to the first outfits that you created.

First of all, why is there a limit?
    Second, why don't they mention the limit anywhere?
    Third, why is it possible to go over the limit?

Easy fix: remove the limit cap...please? Some of us like building ships, some of us like making outfits!
    What you describe is NOT a cap, but the exact opposite. The system SHOULD be set up to cap the slots, to prevent players from creating more outfits than the system can handle, but isn't because they didn't expect anyone would buy that many. Resulting in undefined behavior.

What kind of wonky things does it do?

Another example, creating new outfits while in a space map will break them permanently, turning them into un-editable ghosts that will randomly show up on the character select screen and cutscenes, that you're stuck with forever. Apparently they didn't expect anyone would try to create an outfit in a space map, despite giving players access to the tailor anywhere every time you commission a new bridge officer.

^And that glitch I've had for years.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I wanna be able to use outfits in foundry.

The TOS romulans in the AoY quests, the girls get those wicked thigh boots with chunky heels, I want those!
    As well as various hair.

I think we outta have those put in the latinum store, that will give latinum a lot more use, not just for disco balls and sun glasses. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Also, as far as clipping.....the sleeveless shirt for the girl's Kelvin starfleet uniform has some poke through issues.
    Standing still, they are fine....walk and running, the shoulder blades poke through. The long sleeve variant does not have this issue, though.

And please let us use NPC hair and so on.....PLEASE :*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    warpangel wrote: »
    Another example, creating new outfits while in a space map will break them permanently, turning them into un-editable ghosts that will randomly show up on the character select screen and cutscenes, that you're stuck with forever. Apparently they didn't expect anyone would try to create an outfit in a space map, despite giving players access to the tailor anywhere every time you commission a new bridge officer.

Ah, that's what my oldest Rom suffers from, still showing her first outfit in the character select screen when in space or during cutscenes. Never knew. Although I don't remember using a tailor in space, wouldn't even know how, but maybe I found out a couple of years ago.
    xyquarze wrote: »

Ah, that's what my oldest Rom suffers from, still showing her first outfit in the character select screen when in space or during cutscenes. Never knew. Although I don't remember using a tailor in space, wouldn't even know how, but maybe I found out a couple of years ago.
    By "first outfit," do you mean the outfit you currently have in the first slot, or the first outfit you ever made that's stuck on it permanently? The former is intended behavior. While you're in a space map, you ARE the ship, so you're not technically wearing any outfit and the system uses a default outfit if it needs to show your toon. This is normally the first outfit slot.

The bug I'm I'm talking about creates a "ghost" costume that takes the place of that first outfit slot in those scenes. That ghost costume is not player-wearable at all, doesn't show up in the tailor except in space, and isn't editable even there. This happens for sure if you create a new outfit in the tailor while on a space map, but I suppose it could have other causes as well that I don't know about.
    I indeed meant the first outfit I ever made, which I have changed away from a long time ago, but which is still used for the toon in the selection screen or cutscenes. I am aware of the other issue (which also includes that when in space one of my toons will not show the "first" outfit in the list, since it is Iconian, so Off Duty, but the first Uniform outfit.) Actually both aren't a big deal but I was wondering how the old outfit was still on my Rom even though I "discarded" (changed) it ages ago. So thanks for clearing up that question.
    I indeed meant the first outfit I ever made, which I have changed away from a long time ago, but which is still used for the toon in the selection screen or cutscenes. I am aware of the other issue (which also includes that when in space one of my toons will not show the "first" outfit in the list, since it is Iconian, so Off Duty, but the first Uniform outfit.) Actually both aren't a big deal but I was wondering how the old outfit was still on my Rom even though I "discarded" (changed) it ages ago. So thanks for clearing up that question.
    If you want to check, you can go into the tailor in space (claim a disposable boff and choose to edit its uniform from the menu). If your old outfit shows up there, it's the same bug I'm talking about. If it doesn't, then it's something else. Don't create any new outfits while there.

Unfortunately, even if the outfit shows up, it will still be impossible to change or remove it.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User

That's nothing, all my caitian's outfits all have the same name, always has. It's a glitch that never got fixed.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Even going further it shows the Outfit that was in the first slot on my Klingon Character, even though that Outfit is no longer there. In fact that Outfit has been purged from any Slot on that Character.

In only shows on the Character Select Screen if the Character is in Space. If the Character is on Ground the Character shows with the actual Outfit being worn.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    What I want is the ability to put boffs from other factions in your factions uniforms. i.e. a Diplomatic reward boff or the Romulans from the embassy.

How cool would it be to see you’re Gorn bridge officiers running around in Starfleet uniforms?
  • samartleosamartleo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Please DEVELOPERS, let Federation aligned have Federation outfits! Let Klingon Defense Force aligned have Klingon/Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn/Lethean outfits! Let Romulan Republic aligned have Romulan/Reman/Tal Shiar (all parts) outfits!

Simply charge us (a REASONABLE amount) for the use of Unlimited Tailor, of course Lobi, Fleet Holding and Zen Store uniforms remain locked unless purchased but everything else. Allow us to have fun with our captains and BOFFs customizations please!

Allow us to change the appearance of any of our BOFFs please as some cannot be altered. Breen, Reman, Borg, Kobali, Hierarchy and any other unique BOFF you have supplied to us over the years. Maybe not the Breen as they need their coldsuits.

Maybe allow us to make changes to our ship interiors Crew npcs uniforms as well?

I'm begging you please DEVELOPERS!
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I'm sure we'd all love to have this, but let's face it, there are IP issues involved here. They obviously can't have Fed captains running around in KDF uniforms with Rom badges on, etc. You know that there are people that would take it to the extreme.

So yeah, not going to happen.

Do you even play STO, bro?

I'm not a bro, bro. Do you wear a pick in your fro, bro?

Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    samartleo wrote: »
    Please DEVELOPERS, let Federation aligned have Federation outfits! Let Klingon Defense Force aligned have Klingon/Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn/Lethean outfits! Let Romulan Republic aligned have Romulan/Reman/Tal Shiar (all parts) outfits!

Simply charge us (a REASONABLE amount) for the use of Unlimited Tailor, of course Lobi, Fleet Holding and Zen Store uniforms remain locked unless purchased but everything else. Allow us to have fun with our captains and BOFFs customizations please!

Allow us to change the appearance of any of our BOFFs please as some cannot be altered. Breen, Reman, Borg, Kobali, Hierarchy and any other unique BOFF you have supplied to us over the years. Maybe not the Breen as they need their coldsuits.

Maybe allow us to make changes to our ship interiors Crew npcs uniforms as well?

I'm begging you please DEVELOPERS!

I'd love this, but on a recent stream, Kael and the art guy playing with the hair texture project told us that there were reasons why the tailor is as it is right now, including canon and clipping. The same for why KDF's color palette is so limited. Higher ups don't want KDF players to have the option to wear pink, for example, or for Orion females to have certain hairstyles such as New Styled Elegant or Jarok's hairdo(despite the Orion "exotic dancer" in the KDF starbase bar sporting the latter's hair). If there's clipping, let us be the ones to deal with it, as long as we have the freedom to make our avatars how we envision them. Within faction reasons(not racial), of course.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Well that's extremely disappointing. Especially because clipping is enough to make me stop using those outfit parts, including the DSC Terran overknee boots that clip with -everything- in one way or another. <.< They were also the biggest reason I got that lobi pack in the first place.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I just want BOFFs to be able to wear all the same outfits as Captains, and a unified color palette for all costume pieces across all Factions, where the colors actually match between top and bottom pieces.

AMEN. ever try matching a skirt to the Disco uniform top? the texture and color is never right.
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Cryptic's other game Champions Online shows what the tailor would be capable of without artificial restrictions. Everytthing usable, mixable and with full color palettes. It's awesome. Too bad it doesn't have spaceships.

trennan wrote: »
    Of course for this they'd also have to overhaul the tailor, something long overdue. But then this would have to be something the dev's really cared about. If they did, they'd be aware of the horrid clipping issues that happen between the outfit pieces, and would want to fix it because they're art is just going to waste otherwise.

This is a shame really. There are a lot of great outfits out there, and a lot more the players could put together from them, if they didn't clip so bad they make you want to vomit.
    It's impossible for the devs to individually adjust every possible combination between a bazillion outfit parts.

Clipping is one of the excuses given for not letting people combine things. But that's wrong. Players should be allowed to combine anything. If you choose stuff that clips then it will clip and it's your job to decide if that's what you want or to use something else.

To refer to CO again, you can combine almost anything with anything there. It even has deliberately overlapping item slots. You can wear two hairstyles, a hat and 5 slots worth of head accessories at once and none of them restricted. You can still wear all of that even with your head type set to full helmet. You decide what looks good. This obviously can result in ridiculous clown outfits, but also exponentially increases creative potential for players.

As opposed to STO with a tailor treating the player like a child that needs mommy to decide what they go out in.

Yeah, I agreed with the part later on in a another post. Mainly here, just the belts and chest gear clipping is what gets me. For instance, trying to use the terran chest belt, or the mercenary chest pieces with the jem'hadar tactical top. Both of these, along with serveral other chest pieces just clip horridly. Another is the vest from the gamma mission and say the mirror tos top, the top actually clips through the vest, especially on female characters. A few other pieces do this as well.

One has to expect some clipping, just on how some outfits are designed. This I can live with.

As for the clown outfits. Well... those we already have, between the alien gen and outfits. I've seen some really weird aliens out there. So, this is a rather moot point.

I am GROOT
    Spock.jpg

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I would like to have more of the non aligned alien race parts opened for "alien" characters, like complete Hirogen and Krenim parts.
    I'd also like to have the eye shadow option again for my Vulcan main, like Spock had in TOS
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Look I get the fact and reasoning that Rom or Jem'hadar or whatever arent full on members of the faction, and are more of a diplomatic military adjutant
    I don't. Because that reasoning isn't consistent at all. Players can totally wear a bazillion faction uniforms that they aren't members of in any way. With the jem'hadar they gave up even the last vestiges of any pretense of consistency re: playable factions either by giving all factions access to jemmy uniforms, while going out of their way to deny the jem'hadar even things that were previously available for everyone.

On the other hand, many of the restricted outfits have nothing to do with the playable factions to begin with and are only faction-locked because of stylistic reasons. Most recently the Terran Empire clothes.

And special boffs have clearly had their faction uniforms chosen by outright rolling dice (or, more realistically, not chosen at all just left as whatever the boff was copypasted from).

1g9uUE1.jpg

My main toon, Cassy, now and again is seen in one of her original costumes, from way back when, despite the fact I deleted it, yonks ago, in the normal tailor. X_x;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.