test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T'Kuvma Outfit in the new pack?

jwhiteard1979jwhiteard1979 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
Will the T'Kuvma Outfit in the new pack give our Klingon's the Discovery Body/Head Look and not just the Uniform?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Just the uniform, unfortunately. This would have been the perfect place to add that head option...but I can't say I'm surprised either.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    In one livestream they said that the initial wave of Discovery stuff has Klingons that use non-customizable heads. They didn't need to make new character models for the Discovery Feds they used. They initially built the costumes for the Discovery Feds as customizable, but they did that BEFORE making the sub-faction playable. For AoD launch they apparently did a rush job on the Klingon costumes and build a non-customizable version for the NPCs. now we get customizable costumes, character models will probably come eventually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    In one livestream they said that the initial wave of Discovery stuff has Klingons that use non-customizable heads. They didn't need to make new character models for the Discovery Feds they used. They initially built the costumes for the Discovery Feds as customizable, but they did that BEFORE making the sub-faction playable. For AoD launch they apparently did a rush job on the Klingon costumes and build a non-customizable version for the NPCs. now we get customizable costumes, character models will probably come eventually.

So here is the thing: I bought the boff in question. And I can edit/customize their head in the tailor. Not a lot, but just as much as you can with ferengi and they are a playble species. So we have a customizable head currently in game, just not available to players. That is a choice someone made, and the "why" can obviously be debated.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This observation is from another post under this same General thread about the outfit:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1247118/warning-the-tkuvma-outfit-is-not-the-tkuvma-outfit
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User

So here is the thing: I bought the boff in question. And I can edit/customize their head in the tailor. Not a lot, but just as much as you can with ferengi and they are a playble species. So we have a customizable head currently in game, just not available to players. That is a choice someone made, and the "why" can obviously be debated.

my guess is they are still working out the kinks. i wouldnt be surprised if we see dsc klingons in the next few weeks, there arent any ridge options yet or hair so that may be whats holding them back
This discussion has been closed.