test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek': Kids-Focused Animated Series Near Nickelodeon Deal

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-kids-focused-animated-series-nickelodeon-deal-1186419

Is this the same second animated series Alx Kurtzmen was talking about, or is it a third Star Trek Cartoon.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Sounds like something different from Lower Decks. But... first I've heard of it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    "Reliant" seems more likely to be about, well, the Reliant. It would dovetail nicely into the Khan miniseries.

As for a Star Trek kids show... might work, might not. Depends on whether they give it depth, which is always in short supply in corporate children's fare, or go the Spongebob route with constant over-the-top energy. The latter is proven to sell, but it's also a terrible fit for the Star Trek universe, not to mention actively damaging to cognitive performance.

You know, an educational science show set in the Star Trek universe (like a Star Trek version of The Magic Schoolbus) would be really cool. Travel from world to world learning about physics, biology, anthropology, get sucked back in time to learn history...
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @alexmakepeace said:
    > "Reliant" seems more likely to be about, well, the Reliant. It would dovetail nicely into the Khan miniseries.
    >
    > As for a Star Trek kids show... might work, might not. Depends on whether they give it depth, which is always in short supply in corporate children's fare, or go the Spongebob route with constant over-the-top energy. The latter is proven to sell, but it's also a terrible fit for the Star Trek universe, not to mention actively damaging to cognitive performance.
    >
    > You know, an educational science show set in the Star Trek universe (like a Star Trek version of The Magic Schoolbus) would be really cool. Travel from world to world learning about physics, biology, anthropology, get sucked back in time to learn history...

That does sound good. I'd watch that and I'm not even the target audience.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    That sounds far out and hip! =) I'm looking forward to seeing these possible Treks.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Wouldn't the Academy show be more in line with being a cartoon entry? Since it would likely feature a younger cast than other entries on that list?
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @lordrezeon said:
    > Wouldn't the Academy show be more in line with being a cartoon entry? Since it would likely feature a younger cast than other entries on that list?

I think it will be more young sexy CW type show, like their comic book shows like Riverdale, Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightening, ect..., or Chilling Adventures of Sabrina which while Netflix, comes from a simular creative style.

So I expect young, smoking hot 20 somethings, attending Star Fleet Academy. More interpersonal drama and most likely some kind of lesbians. All in a Star Trek context.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Destiny has negative connotations for Star Trek due to the Destiny novels. That novel series introduces the origin of the Borg as the first Borg drones being humans and eliminates the Borg by transforming them into an advanced alien species by the aliens that accidentally created the Borg in the first place.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I think I prefer the Origin Story that was provided by Star Trek Legacy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)