test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New feedback on TFO and endeavor

I am writing this post because yesterday I got a terrible (terrible!) endeavor mission.
Complete 3 Lukari TFO. Who would ever want that?
The Lukari TFOs are just a mess, most of them require a huge DPS and a lot of tanking ability.
I thought that the least worse was Tzenkethi Front but then I realized that even this mission requires quite a high DPS. My team found themselves cornered at the starbase and killed over and over by spread of tetryon torpedos. These spreads can one-shot a fully shielded full-heal ship!

Shall we continue with Gravity Kills?
I heard that other player, ending up in this mission by the randomTFO, put the other players in ignore just to avoid to end up in GK again! (this is because somebody queued the mission and then the mission was filled with people from the random queue)
It's almost impossible to finish it in a decent time, protect the Jupiter and collect the Hawking particles.
Attacks interrupt the collection and the delivery of the particles. Torpedo spreads one-shot you.
To add insult to injury the Tzenkethi ships are very hard to kill!

Dranuur Gauntlet
Here I don't really know what to say. If the first and second stage of this TFO are reasonable the third stage was designed by somebody that has no connection to the average player of the game.
This mission is a DPS feast only. If you don't have it then just stay dead, the mission will autocomplete.
What is the point to play a game where your efforts are useless?
What is the point when you are drowning in enemy dreadnoughts that insta-kill you?
A game should be fun, you should be able to see that your effort have an impact even if it is small and even if you don't have a huge DPS.
Here there is nothing of that.

There are also many other missions that need to be redesigned.
Days of doom (extremely long, difficult to defend the base without a huge DPS, the cores don't slow much the doomsday device and the final core is very difficult to bring there since it gives a lot of radiation damage)
Storming the Spire (too long time for the boarding phase, alliance boarding ship made of paper, voth boarding ship sturdy and un-targetable when disembarking troops, too short time to defeat the final dreadnought)
Battle of Procyon V (too many enemy ships at the final phase, interruption when closing the time portals)

There was another thread that brought up these problems but no Dev and no community manager dared to answer.

All these mission need to be adjusted. They need some slight changes to make them enjoyable.
I believe we need these changes more than new contents.

Where are you @ambassadorkael#6946 ?

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I can't speak about Dranuur or Storming because, even with the random TFOs I have never done either one, as for the rest...
    I am not a top DPSer, not even close to it and yet I have pugged all the others you mentioned on Advanced and never found them too difficult. Were they easy ? No, if I wanted easy I wouldn't have selected Advanced. Were they quick ? Again, if I wanted quick, I wouldn't pick advanced.

You have a valid complaint about the torpedoes, it's not just torps but any kinetic damage. It's a known bug feature and has been complained about quite regularly for quite some time now. Don't stop complaining though because if we, the players, quit complaining about it they will let it drop to the absolute bottom of the priority list for fixing...if it's not there already. The point is, the problem is not those TFOs, it's the kinetic damage bug that is present game wide, it is just a lot more noticeable when there are a huge number of torps/mines in use.

The Tzenkethi aren't really any harder to kill than any other NPC, they just require radically different tactics than the others. Use the correct tactics for them and they melt away the same as anyone else.

As long as you aren't running Advanced, none of them require Huge DPS numbers. Disclaimer on that, if you are pugging and end up in a group where most players are doing very little DPS, then yes, the few others are going to need to be doing some quite decent DPS to make up for it. As for tanking ability, TFOs don't really need any more tanking ability than the Episodes where you have to face a large number of enemy at once. Again, if you end up in a pug with a number of low DPS players you might find yourself being the top DPSer in there, which means you are now pulling all the aggro and suddenly the sturdiness of that ship of yours is being tested more than you are used to. Been there, done that.

Other than time gated TFOs, which are going to take the same amount of time no matter what (and time gates needs to be done away with IMO), TFOs can be completed as quickly as the skills of the team playing them. If you don't want to possibly be in a long TFO, don't PUG, get a team of good players and only play as team. They don't need to change TFOs just because some players think they are too hard or take too long. Although I am not fond of the phrase, if you find TFOs on normal too difficult, you just need to "git gud". Of course that's just my opinion and I happen to be a player that doesn't mind a 15plus minute TFO unless it's only that long because of them damned time gates.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    I can't speak about Dranuur or Storming because, even with the random TFOs I have never done either one, as for the rest...
    I am not a top DPSer, not even close to it and yet I have pugged all the others you mentioned on Advanced and never found them too difficult. Were they easy ? No, if I wanted easy I wouldn't have selected Advanced. Were they quick ? Again, if I wanted quick, I wouldn't pick advanced.

Wait a minute though. There is "long" and "too long". Playing a mission for more than half an hour it's too long. Gravity kills can fall in this case. At some point it is more convenient quit and run other character (I am not saying I am doing).
    Mission like "storming the spire" or "The breach" are long, but I am ok with the duration of them (I am not ok with some mechanics in Storming the Spire though). Moreover, the length of these missions doesn't depend on the difficulty level.

The problem with the others missions is that I don't enjoy them, in many of them I feel useless and I feel that the effort doesn't give any pay back, and I am speaking as a player that have a minimum of 40k DPS in ISA. My DPS it's not a lot but it should be enough to run every advanced content in an enjoyable way.
    Why to fight so hard in Draanur if the mission autocomplete and you get annihilated at the third phase?
    The same can be said about Days of Doom, even giving a lot of effort the result are often useless.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    these wont be so bad if there was an auto complete after X minutes... where npcs come in and save the day... like with the doomsday machine que...