test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch binding items again?

forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
Just had a report from a fellow who says he bought a Mk II weapon off exchange (obviously unbound), upgraded it with an Omega upgrade, and once the upgrades were done, the item was Bound to Account.

Haven't tested this myself yet but people might want to be careful with the upgrades until we get more info.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Thanks for the warning, even if it turns out to be a false alarm.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

Anyone else suffering this, either, unannounced stealth feature where using an Upgrade now causing an item to be Bound, or some sort of another oops by Cryptic?

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ummm known feature? I guess. way way back I bought some lock box weapons... and one day during a R&D event, I upgraded them on a mule... bound item when I got it back. could be cause the boost items I used was locked to character so the items got locked as well.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ummm known feature? I guess. way way back I bought some lock box weapons... and one day during a R&D event, I upgraded them on a mule... bound item when I got it back. could be cause the boost items I used was locked to character so the items got locked as well.

Maybe for some types but not others. Or for some gear types but not others.

I think I've used character-bound Romulan Reputation upgrades on gear before without it becoming bound and I've for sure used Phoenix upgrades. I used an Omega on a Mk II Discovery *-Linked beam array last week and it was not bound after that.

So if this is happening with Omegas either it changed or it has always happened with some gear but not others.

• forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    In past, I have personally purchased Pulse Phasers, Coalition Disruptors, and other equipment-box gear, upgraded them using Omegas, Romulan Upgrades, Phoenix Upgrades, those Enhanced upgrades from the previous Featured Episode weekly awards, etc. None of these items ever became bound. If I got it to Epic with mods I wanted, I kept it. If it didn't turn out right, I sold it on the exchange for relatively cheap. I can't ever recall a non-bound item becoming bound simply by upgrading it.

I haven't tested this myself as yet, but at least 3 in-game reports currently that using a bound upgrade (Omega, Phoenix, Ultimate or Romulan) caused the upgraded item to become bound the same way - account bound upgrades create account bound items, char bound upgrades cause char bound items.

One fellow tried a small crafted (unbound) upgrade, the resulting item was still unbound. Again, please note I am only passing along what I am seeing other people say and confirming with items they link, but have not tested this myself.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Just had this myself, crafted 6 items to sell on exchange, upgraded 5 of them as one went blue, used phoenix upgrades and when got to exchange found they were bound to account, that has cost me 5 phoenix and the loss of items to sell as they no use to me, unless I can submit a ticket to get them unbound or something.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    anyone else find it odd that some kind off bind bug has happened again, first ship boxes, then mats and now upgraded items, are they fixing the bug by moving it from one place to another lol
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    Hopefully fixed, https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11094093-pc-patch-notes-for-2%2F16%2F19
    What will happen to the items effected ? no mention if they will be fixed or apologies that we will be stuck with them.