test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Elachi Red Alert!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Elachi are kidnapping citizens across the galaxy on PC this weekend! Go to Red Alert!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11090463

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Good to know!
    I'll rescue them as soon as I'm done "Connecting to Account Server" ;)

I wonder what's happening to the Account Server?
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Good to know!

Maybe Cryptic Will take a page out of CBS's book and claim high ratings and multiple logins is causing the delay, even though the delay is from a vastly different source and they's just hitching their wagon the that star for positive spin.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    A little Proofreading would not go amiss either.

Quote:
    Attention Captains, the Elachi are pouring into the Alpha Quadrant from previously undiscovered Iconian space gates in order to abduct helpless people! The Elachi have been doing with their captives, we need every Captain at the ready to help stop their forces.
    End Quote:

What exactly have the Elachi being doing to their captives?
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    val#9932 wrote: »

What exactly have the Elachi being doing to their captives?
    Instead of the usual, this weekend Elachi would play fully voice-acted Zero Wing intro to the captives. They forgave us everything. Except that ancient meme. Stop them. Make time. For great justice!!

• vaewenvaewen Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Good to know!

Ouch, I thought Cryptic had fixed that problem a patch or two ago. Sorry to hear.
  • evilewok666evilewok666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So, do we get TFO commendations as this is the featured TFO?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No TFO Commendations, this is only a Red Alert.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evilewok666evilewok666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    No TFO Commendations, this is only a Red Alert.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Anyone know when the next Featured TFO is due?
    edited February 2019
    No idea. Maybe with Phase 3 of 'The Age of Discovery' in May? In the past, Featured would be new Episodes, so in the past one of the two 'Mirror of Discovery' Episodes would have been a Featured Episode.

Alas, those days seem to be over. Now we have to wait for a new TFO. It is assured that it will be run a lot when it does arrive. TFO Commendations, choice of Marks, Daily Mark Bonus, no Cooldown.

The problem with focusing the Commendations on TFOs is they give no special Equipment or Trait Awards like a Featured Episode would. Frankly, the special equipment rewards from the Discovery Episodes has been on the lame side.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I ran it once today. It was painful. We must have been at it for about half an hour. It didn't seem that others were doing much in the way of Gate disabling. I tried right from the get-go but couldn't get the button to pop. We missed all three bonus levels. Eventually I got the Disable Button to pop. I did about 16 or so in a row. Ended up with a 35 Mark Reward.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns