test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground Character Customization Options not available/viewable

rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
BUG:

Can't customize the look of characters in the Foundry since Age of Discovery launch.

Description:

When creating ground character costumes in the Foundry, I am unable to customize the look of the character costume beyond the basics of hair, hair color, eye color, height, and uniform. This is especially true with Alien characters, where I used to be able to highly customize alien characters (different head attachments, skin type, etc.)

CATEGORY :

User Interface (UI)

How to reproduce (If known.)

1- Create a new ground character
2- Select any species (alien is the most affected)
3- Attempt to customize the character's look by a different head type, aged look, etc. beyond the basics listed above.

This is in the character editor of the Foundry.

#### <- Spacer Of some sort,

(So the person reading it can tell where the bug steps end easily.)

Commentary

This doesn't cause a crash, but severely limits me in the creation of characters for the Foundry (especially alien species). I'd appreciate any confirmation of "known issue", or whether or not this is a new thing, as I've noticed it since the launch of Age of Discovery.

Thanks to the Devs for all your hard work!
dZWjlSs.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Yes, the Editor's tailor is bugged, it's been confirmed some time ago.

Apparently, you can still import some already created NPCs from a previous mission if you have archived it. Personally, i didn't try, but this is supposed to be a workaround.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yeah last we've heard they (as in Cryptic) were "working on it" but there's no ETA yet, so it is what it is at this point.

EDIT:It also effects the starship costumes as well.
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I really wish they would fix this. I've all but completely stopped playing STO after it became apparent that this issue was not at the top of their priorities list. Without being able to create my own custom NPC and Starship costumes I won't even bother trying to mess with it. This bug takes out a lot of what I enjoyed most about the foundry. But Cryptic doesn't seem to care. (We've been without a functional foundry for over 5 months now)

So ya know what? They don't seem to care about the foundry community, then I won't care that they're gonna be losing out on over $100 a month from me buying Zen.
    I will NOT invest the little money I have into a game and design company (Cryptic) that can't be bothered to keep my favorite features functional. I was patient for 4 1/2 months. But as of now, I'm out. I'll return when Cryptic desides to get it's stuff together and actually fix it's existing features and missions instead of ignoring it all in favor of rolling out NEW features and missions (which always seem to be laden with bugs as well- no doubt a symptom of rushing production.)

I'm not angry with the developers specifically. Not most of them at least. I understand that they have little choice in what takes priority and that it's likely just the higher-ups (most of whom probably aren't even hardcore STO players) demanding that things like the foundry take a sideline to new content. In their minds, if they aren't coming out with new content CONSTANTLY, the game will stall out and die. Which might be true if they went more than 6 months to a year without ANYTHING new. But it shouldn't take that long to get a handle on a lot of the bugs plaguing the game, including the foundry issues. If they just focused all of their manpower and attention on fixing stuff instead of only a little bit of effort into fixing things and a lot of effort into developing and launching new content as quickly as possible, I'd venture to say close to 80-90% of ALL of STO's major bugs could be fixed within a couple months (not just the foundry).

THAT is what is going to kill this game faster than anything. THAT is why veteran players such as myself, who have thus far invested a lot of money into the game, are no longer opening their wallets to cryptic and are leaving the game all together. (I'm a HUGE Trekkie so I doubt I'll ever leave COMPLETELY. But not everyone who is leaving can say the same.) You guy's need to wake up and realize that no matter how much new content you're releasing, nobody wants to play a broken game!

Ultimately, Cryptic, you're shooting yourselves in the foot! WAKE UP AND FIX STUFF!!!
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah last we've heard they (as in Cryptic) were "working on it" but there's no ETA yet, so it is what it is at this point.

EDIT:It also effects the starship costumes as well.

They've been "working on it" for over 5 months now. At this point, I'm gonna call bull TRIBBLE. To me, "working on it" means they have at least a small team (2-3 devs) working on fixing it every day they come into work. But if that was the case, there is no reason on earth this TRIBBLE shouldn't have been fixed by now.
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
This discussion has been closed.