test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Discovery Operations Pack!

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I love that kdf is finally getting another bird of prey but I hope there is some kind of options because it looks horrible. It's not cryptic's fault its just that is what it looks like on discovery. I don't mind the way the other one looks but geeze they should call that one a turtle of prey.
  • aelwulf1aelwulf1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm glad it's not just me being picky, reading these responses. The BOFFs and combat tardigrade being one character instead of account wide is no good. Especially for the cost of the overall package. And I also agree that there's nothing mentioned for a discount and/or compensation for those who already have the Discovery Starter Pack. That's a good way to keep people from buying starter packs, etc. in the future.
    Although it's pricey for me I was very interested in this pack. But after reading the restrictions and all I'll probably end up going without if it doesn't change.
  • shaneo3shaneo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I regret to do this but this needs to stop , one of the main reasons the server population has gone to the state it has is because of this . I advise you inform cryptic that this sort of micro transaction is just not up to packs of say 5 years ago .And it will cost you money in the long run ,so best before it hits ,advise they change the packs terms or at least throw in a something for the other factions . you have yet to even add a life time sub veteran vessel for the gamma faction . it just screams laziness to me
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    No thanks. Once per account BOFFs is genuinely stupid and disrespectful.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I like most of the things in the pack, but there's not enough ships in there for me to justify 12k Zen on them. :/
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    To add my voice to the chorus, yes the pack is too much. I will buy the items I want individually.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    This is pretty much the first time a new anniversary pack doesn't at all interest me.
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I love that kdf is finally getting another bird of prey but I hope there is some kind of options because it looks horrible. It's not cryptic's fault its just that is what it looks like on discovery. I don't mind the way the other one looks but geeze they should call that one a turtle of prey.

I was waiting for a new T6 BoP, too. Why they don't give a modernized version is beyond me. I like the Walker skin, but they're going to discover that my wallet won't open to purchase the bundle at this price. The one time use boffs and combat pet are curious. I thought they said they were working towards making unlock account wide unlocks for C-Store items.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    kazabok wrote: »
    All I really see in the pack that I want is that away team vest, is there a simple way to get just that?
    I think it should be added to the existing DSC uniform package. And yes, certain items being 'one per account' as opposed to 'one per character' is a thing for which an explanation would be wise.
  • jimbeamer5jimbeamer5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    STOP your money grabbing ways. It;'s just embarrassing.
  • ferroequusferroequus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Here is a Romulan ship I'd like to see come to STO:

1593.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Is it April 1st.....You want me to pay for something in the past i got more from lol wtf BO once per account lol that's cute

Did the Bajorans take over the C-store this is some joke we use to get KDF, FED, and Romulan ships for that price and a BO for any character lol
    GwaoHAD.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Anything that has to do with TRIBBLE is a deal breaker for me. Please take the game back in the real Star Trek universe.

But that would mean dropping TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT as the only "Real Star Trek Universe" is the original (1966-1969) "Star Trek" (hence "Star Trek" Universe ;)). <--- Not that I'd have a problem with that mind you. :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    We're announcing today that this bundle will be available at 30% off at launch, for a limited time. That's a reduced price of 8400 Zen. Enjoy, Captains!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    We're announcing today that this bundle will be available at 30% off at launch, for a limited time. That's a reduced price of 8400 Zen. Enjoy, Captains!

Is there a discount (either before or after the 30% above) for those of us that already bought the AoD Starter Pack that is now included in this set?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    All of these ships will also have fleet versions available

So they are weaker then the ships in the regular mega bundles.
    I won't buy.

Once per Account would be ok, when you can transfer the Items. Pre 2015 you had to give your Boff to friends to train them. Using this, you could Transfer Boff from 1 Char to another. Would be a good feature for Account Bank.
  • aviewtoakill#9776 aviewtoakill Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Anything that has to do with TRIBBLE is a deal breaker for me. Please take the game back in the real Star Trek universe.

But that would mean dropping TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT as the only "Real Star Trek Universe" is the original (1966-1969) "Star Trek" (hence "Star Trek" Universe ;)). <--- Not that I'd have a problem with that mind you. :)
    No, it would not mean dropping TNG, DS9 and VOY at all, the games timeline is specifically set after VOY.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Well, thanks for the launch sale, it is pretty generous. But unless the BOff's and combat pet are made to be account unlocks, still no sale.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > ambassadorkael#6946 wrote: »
    >
    > We're announcing today that this bundle will be available at 30% off at launch, for a limited time. That's a reduced price of 8400 Zen. Enjoy, Captains!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, thanks for the launch sale, it is pretty generous. But unless the BOff's and combat pet are made to be account unlocks, still no sale.

That’s still too much for what it is, either change the price or improve the quality of the product.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Keep chopping. 8400 for 4 & 2/3rds ships isn't a particularly impressive bundle.

Gamma large bundle at the 13000 Zen introductory price had 7 Tier 6 and 3 Tier 5-U ships, with all of them fleet grade. That's 10 end game ready ships, just dividing into those comes to 1300 Zen each, before factoring in the extra bundled. So, 2100 per end game ship seems a comparatively poor deal, and I don't think the 10 Master Keys sweetens the deal to be remotely close.

We wanted a mega bundle of ships, not something priced like one with little in it.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I would say 6000 is an appropriate price (if they make the once per account unlocks, once per character instead).
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    wait till the next bundle sale for 35% off or the, once in blue moon 50% off sale for packs if your really interested... BO and pet is once per account... totally fubar there. Once per character should be the norm for those. worse bundle evar. But I guess that matches with the show.
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps

While this is a nice gesture and "kinda" tackles the overpriced issue, I still won't be getting this pack unless the Boffs and Combat Pet are made "Account Wide"!! Delta Pack, Account Wide Boffs, Temporal Pack, Account Wide Boffs, Gamma Pack, Account Wide Boffs, Just sayin!!

-Winters
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Just not seeing a lot of value here, especially if you already bought the Discovery Starter Pack. Maybe if you regularly play both feds and klinks or are new to the game, but with them only being 10 console ships (even if you already have some FSMs from T6 Reps), if you only play one or the other like most people do, the math just doesn't work for me, even at 8400 Zen.

I mean, for a one-faction player that's 6k worth of ships, a single costume (550 zen), a single use BOFF (they charge 500 for them, but barely anyone bites), a ground combat pet (400), and a starter ship and misc upgrades that are basically useless to someone who is already level 65. That's 7,450...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User

Not good enough

The Gamma bundle had way more and 3 BO that were per character lol come on now this is a joke

it's not like Discovery doesn't have ships, hell the Romulan bundle had more and Cryptic had to make up a few of them from scratch cause canon Romulans don't have many ships but Disco has a lot so i don't get whats going on here
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One of the main differences between this pack and AoY is that it has ships for the Klingon characters, while the AoY was devoid of that.

I hope that there will be AoY packs for Klingons and Romulan characters, that would include the TOS variants shown in AoY's tutorial mission, as well as 26th Century versions of the KDF and Romulan Republic ships).

It would be worth it to have those ship packs for the KDF and Romulan Republic, even if there wasn't an expansion to the AoY expansion to show how Klingon and Romulan characters becoming (AoY style) Temporal Agents.

I wish that Nimitz/Europa-class Heavy Battlecruiser was held back for the Discovery Operations Pack, with a Klingon ship (I don't know if the ram-prow ship would be it's equivalent or something else would be. That way there would have been a better reason to get this pack. (That and account-wide unlock for the BOffs).

Unfortunately, I had already bought the Starter Pack (I should have known better to hold off on it, considering it was a 'starter pack') and the Nimitz/Europa-class, but having another Klingon ship (even if the KDF ships of Discovery leave much to be desired) would help offset this.

Having a combat pet is something different from the other full packs. I don't even remember just non-combat pets included in earlier packs, so that's something to be considered in the price of the bundle.

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

That's still $84 bucks. You better hope your loyal whales are willing to make this worth being viewed as unscrupulous and greedy to the rest of the playerbase. Because that's exactly what the optics are, and that isn't good.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    We saw EA get flacked, but STO has Loot Crates, and now this overp

Thats pathetic to be frank
    It would be worth it to have those ship packs for the KDF and Romulan Republic, even if there wasn't an expansion to the AoY expansion to show how Klingon and Romulan characters becoming (AoY style) Temporal Agents.
    Well, I know that non-feds have been getting ripped off by these packs since the LOR pack, but I don't think ripping off players on both sides is the way we saw them going with it next. :neutral:
    iconians wrote: »

That's still $84 bucks. You better hope your loyal whales are willing to make this worth being viewed as unscrupulous and greedy to the rest of the playerbase. Because that's exactly what the optics are, and that isn't good.​​

I'm not technically a whale, but I've bought every pack so far on the day they announced them, but this one? I'll pass.
This discussion has been closed.