test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Discovery Operations Pack!

Comments

• gluv#6751 gluv Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Wow, what a disappointment. I was looking forward to a new pack and have been saving my zen, but this is a terrible value.

Single character unlocks and only 4 ships that still require upgrades to Fleet versions (and purchase of ship slots since they can't be reclaimed) isn't worth 12,000 zen.

Some cool looking stuff, but I will wait for a 50% off flash sale or just take a pass on this one.

• afanicktonafanickton Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @mirrorchaos said:
    > Operations pack with just a few ships, a few boffs and pet that makes no sense to have or to follow you around. it better not cost $99 dollars or whatever it usually does as this is slim pickings at best.
    >

On the bottom of the OP it say's the pack is 12,000 ZEN ($120)
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Operations pack with just a few ships, a few boffs and pet that makes no sense to have or to follow you around. it better not cost $99 dollars or whatever it usually does as this is slim pickings at best.

*snip*

The price is on the article at the end; it'll be 12,000 zen, which is the equivalent of $120, I believe. I don't think anyone feels this is a good value, going by what's being said all around.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Fear not the article also said the items will be sold separately too
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    millybun wrote: »
    Operations pack with just a few ships, a few boffs and pet that makes no sense to have or to follow you around. it better not cost $99 dollars or whatever it usually does as this is slim pickings at best.

*snip*

The price is on the article at the end; it'll be 12,000 zen, which is the equivalent of $120, I believe. I don't think anyone feels this is a good value, going by what's being said all around.

well whatever the price is, it is not worth it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Wow i will certainly pass on this, or maybe you will cancel it? as Cancel and Discovery seems to fit together nicely lol
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Not worth this price point as i see it. Taking a W.A.G. at it, but for that price the ships must come with some over the top traits that will get nerfed shortly afterwards. Deal implies getting more value for the buck, but i am not seeing it here even if my guess is correct.

This pack only needs one word to define it: Disappointing.
    So it has only one worthy response: Pass.
    millybun wrote: »
    This "value" is awful.

Compared to previous packs, this really isn't worth getting anywhere near full price. Counting up the standard value of the four T6 ships comes up with the full 12,000 zen price of this bundle.

Even the BOffs and combat pet are "once per account", instead of the usual "account-wide" we're used to for these bundles for most items included, so that's nowhere near enough to count as part of a "savings" for buying this bundle.

And making the Light Exploration Cruiser skin exclusive to the bundle? Perhaps it would have been better to have a variant of the T6 Light Exploration Cruiser that varies from the Lobi store version to add in the bundle to help make it appear a more attractive purchase.

What's going on behind the scenes here? Why is there this push to get more things in the c-store turned more "once per account" instead of the previously-proposed dev ideal of "the account is the player" in terms of account-wide unlocks?

Unless this is on a deep, steep sale when it comes out, I think I'll either hold off or ponder getting the one ship I care about.

Props to the artists, because their work is absolutely amazing as usual, but everything else is only dragging things down.

that and all the sales etc they have done lately, combined with the severe lack of content, it does appear a bit strange.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I like those ships.. but i'll get them individually… in one podcast they promised they would start looking at playes as account, not character, so things would be claimable by account… by far… they are not keepeng their word on that.. i dont like "once per account" things… not while i'm paying almost $120
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    What if you already have the Starter Pack? Will the other items be available as single stuff or only through a pack?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Hard pass. I have tons of zen to waste, but I won't waste it on this. This looks like the beginning of a fire sale to me....
    12k Zen????? heheheheheheeheheheheheheehehehehehe UNBELIEVABLE!
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    RED ALERT? Are we trying to get rid off Account wide? I hope this is either a TYPO, or would be substantially LOWER in price than other similar packs. Perhaps, marketing has gone bananas with the bind on character pack?

003f01158771d3fa226815af1ee09a12ebdbfc6de379c500f7d084b39dbb8001.jpg​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Not going to spend my Zen on this.

I like the ships, but only getting 4 at that price is not worth it. And the BOff's and combat pet are once per account? Pass, make it once per alt and maybe I could be interested in those, but even then, not for the price you want for the pack. The addition of the Titles, XP Boosts and Upgrade kits are near worthless as well.

For me, even if all those items were per character unlocks and not once per account, you'd have to throw in 50 Master Keys to even pique my interest at that price point. I can see you tossing 20-30 keys in the bundle, but that's still not worth it to me.

And really, what happened to the account is the player mentality that was supposed to be happening? This pack shows the opposite of that thought process.

So for the first time EVER, I won't be buying one of these bundles. Such a shame.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh look, another pack with no romulan stuff.

That was to be expected. Everything in the pack is from the TV series for the most part. WIth no Romulan ships in Discovery, that means there's no Romulan ships to create since there is no design to go off prior.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User

That was to be expected. Everything in the pack is from the TV series for the most part. With no Romulan ships in Discovery, that means there's no Romulan ships to create since there is no design to go off prior.
    After what they did to the Klingons in Discovery, I see it as a good thing, and hope it stays that way indefinitely. Just MHO though.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    Hard Pass.
    This pack is a bad sign for the overall value of the zen store if items are moving to per character unlocks instead of account unlocks.
    Individual items might be worth it, but the pack is a joke.
    The worst travesty here is locking one of Thomas's ship designs behind the pay wall of the pack.
    One of the worst "deals" they have ever offered.
    Kudos to the art teams. Everything looks good.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I understand the upgrades, and the keys, but the Boffs and the Pet??, c'mon! i want to be able to choose my boffs, i like to créate new chars from time to time, and i like to have options for them...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    4 total ships but really just only 2 for your faction... so $60 per ship... maybe at 50% off. No duty officers also 1 time bridge officer per account? once per character should be the way it is... not like you can trade commissioned bridge officers.

btw: why is it listed like this... "Master Keys" and then later on down the list you have another listing for "10 Master Keys" Both have once per account...
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Fear not the article also said the items will be sold separately too

Except for the Walker-class skin which is pack exclusive.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Is there going to be a discount for people who have the Starter Pack already?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Please, tell me ALL items can be bought separately and none is fully exclusive to the pack, except the titles and the Walker skin, of course...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Wow, what a rip-off. $120.00 for 4 T6 ships that aren't even Fleet quality and some once-per-account unlocks.

I love Discovery assets being added to the game, but I'm gonna have to take a hard pass at this.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Took me a little while to figure out why this costs so much:
    1500 for DSC Starter Pack (which is included)
    3000 per T6 Ship x4 = 12000
    ~500 per BOff = 1000
    ~750 Walker Skin (1/2 cost of Proto-Walker)
    400 for a Combat Pet
    200-600 per XP Boost
    2250 for Keys and Upgrade Kit (assuming the same cost as Key Bundle)

About 18,000 Zen total give or take.

Not as big a value as previous packs and that's probably why it's cheaper than the other Large packs but still a value compared to buying everything individually.

That being said, the BOffs and the pet should be per Character and not per Account. Don't think I'll go in for the whole pack, but I'll probably dish out for the Gagarin-class. Had my eye on the Shepard since I first saw it.
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Adding my voice to those crying out in the wilderness, here. XP bonuses, master keys, upgrades, those make sense as once-per-account. But making that the case for boffs and combat pets too? That's disappointing.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The boffs and combat pet shouldn't be once per account, should be once per character atleast.

12,000 zen for a pack that gives 4 ships (2 fed, 2 kdf), a ship skin, and some objects for one character in total. Aswell as the Discovery Starter Pack with some low level items.

Where other shippacks packs that costs 12,000 Zen gives 9 endgame ships (3fed, 3kdf, 3rom) account wide
    And the previous expansion packs that cost 15,000 and got 10-11 endgame ships, and account wide gear and boffs.

Why are we getting less for the same cost with this new pack?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Where other shippacks packs that costs 12,000 Zen gives 9 endgame ships (3fed, 3kdf, 3rom) account wide
    And the previous expansion packs that cost 15,000 and got 10-11 endgame ships, and account wide gear and boffs.

Why are we getting less for the same cost with this new pack?

The current arc is not an Expansion. Victory is Life was an expansion. Age of Discovery is just the next season.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look at it this way. The recent Cross-faction packs have had one Federation and one KDF ship for 4,000 Zen. This has the equivalent of two of them so 8,000 Zen. Now does the remaining stuff add up to 4,000 Zen in value? I think not.

I warned back when they started coming out with these two Pack ship Bundles that we were heading down a slippery slope of ship price increases. People came back and said 4,000 was right on target for a two Pack proportionately when compared with the 6,000 for a three Pack.

That wasn't the point because when you start adding 4,000 for two Packs together you are not factoring in the 'freebie' third two Pack like you had with the three three Packs, which then gave you a three pack for no added cost over two 6,000 Zen two Packs.

And doing the 'fuzzy' math of 'well four times 3,000 is 12,000, so everything else is 'free' is cr*p. This is a Bundle and Bundles are NEVER list price for individual ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.