test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

most annoying stupid mini game...

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
is the one I find on Nukura to mine crystals... the one where you rotate the triangle.

Duration is totally random and your score is based solely on luck. I hate this mini game.

I rotate the triangle and it aligns with the 3 circles... not even a second pass and it's no longer aligned. I get zero points.

Waveform is the easiest with Omega the next best mini game.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The Crystal mining is the same minigame that is used for Dilithium mining.

I'd suggest using the arrow keys on the keyboard for this one. First line up with the left/right, then scale with the up/down. Faster reaction time with the keyboard on this than you will ever get with a mouse.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    The most annoying one is the airlock from the boldly they road missions. You have to choose one of 4 options, and then do that four time, and if you make a mistake it resets to the beginning.

So it like
    1, no, 2, no, 3, no, 4, correct
    4, correct, 1, no, reset
    4, correct, 2, no, reset
    4, correct, 3, correct.
    4, correct, 3, correct, 1, no, reset
    Etc..
    There is no skill involved, you can not bypass it is just a brute force trial and error.
    The most annoying one is the airlock from the boldly they road missions. You have to choose one of 4 options, and then do that four time, and if you make a mistake it resets to the beginning.

So it like
    1, no, 2, no, 3, no, 4, correct
    4, correct, 1, no, reset
    4, correct, 2, no, reset
    4, correct, 3, correct.
    4, correct, 3, correct, 1, no, reset
    Etc..
    There is no skill involved, you can not bypass it is just a brute force trial and error.

Wrong actually. There are two interacts that have the code for half of it. You interact with those 4 nodes, you get the sensor settings (be sure to write them down unless you have good memory), then input sensor settings.

The ones I find a little frustrating are the ones in the Hur'q arc... which I think are what you're actually referring to and not the sensor puzzle in Boldly They Rode.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Huh... I never had a problem with that one...
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    *Boldly They Rode* >:)

My vote goes for the one that's like those old games where you have to move the squares around to make an image. There's a blue, green, and white tile and you have to get them all in the right order. I believe there is one of these that is even timed in one mission. KHAAAAAAN
    I didn't try to mash everything. I just waited to see the green, and when I did... CLICK.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    *Boldly They Rode* >:)

My vote goes for the one that's like those old games where you have to move the squares around to make an image. There's a blue, green, and white tile and you have to get them all in the right order. I believe there is one of these that is even timed in one mission. KHAAAAAAN

Isolinear Chip puzzle, I have the solution bookmarked -- https://sto.gamepedia.com/Isolinear_Chip_Alignment

I never fail the waveform minigame, and am mostly in the 2400 -2700 point range for Omega, but the mining / nukara puzzle just doesn't match the way my brain works, and I forget the isolinear chip solution as soon as I've used it.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't like that Triangle one they use for Dilithium, either.
    I prefer the one for the Radiation Scan on New Romulus and, I think, same one was used for Batteries (?) on Colony.

I guess, it is just the way my brain is wired up. I prefer to line things up and down...and not in circles.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think we are all in agreement that we would all rather just slap some "Omni-gel" on the lock and bypass all the minigames

I don't mind doing them. It is just that I have my favorites. LOL!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I think we are all in agreement that we would all rather just slap some "Omni-gel" on the lock and bypass all the minigames

:) using Salvage to bypass some puzzles would be nice.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    The timed isolinear chip puzzle is in the Friday the 13th mission, with the crazy Vulcan. Solve it in time, and avoid the gas. Fail, and respawn.

I hate that game.

There was one with clipping wires on Regulus IV, but the problem with that seems to have been cleared up (the planet's surface would for some reason cause many computers to drop framerate, making it impossible to clip the wires in time).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can equip an EV suit and ignore the gas, that or out heal it. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Personally, I like all the mini-games and I wish they'd make more of them. Also I'd like them to be more complicated and difficult.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Use arrow keys and aim for 775. Its really easy once you get the hang of it OP. Just takes time. Try practicing with the dili mine missions from fleet also. Or on the colony world, they use that mini game there to.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Use arrow keys and aim for 775. Its really easy once you get the hang of it OP. Just takes time. Try practicing with the dili mine missions from fleet also. Or on the colony world, they use that mini game there to.

I think there's also a practice console in the regular Dil mine entry room.

I'm fine getting 800-900ish on the mining puzzle (1k+ on a lucky day), 2400+ on Omega, but I just don't do well with the Radiation Scan or Isolinear Chip ones.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    lexusk19 wrote: »

I think there's also a practice console in the regular Dil mine entry room.

I'm fine getting 800-900ish on the mining puzzle (1k+ on a lucky day), 2400+ on Omega, but I just don't do well with the Radiation Scan or Isolinear Chip ones.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one! :D Good catch.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Frequency match is the oldest and one I've gotten so much time on I can almost always do it in half the time allotted, often 1/3.

Adjust amplitude, then wavelength. Trick is that it usually only takes a few taps to get amplitude right, and you can just mash the button repeatedly for wavelength.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I didn't try to mash everything. I just waited to see the green, and when I did... CLICK.

The numbers when it turns green are shown in the interact though (bottom left), so you'll know that e. g. the top one will turn green at "7", so when it shows "5" you can be prepared.

The iso chip I find quite easy, especially in Boldly they Rode which has always the same pattern and is a three click puzzle (if I am not mistaken: 1 down, top right, 2 down). Others do change.

And the other BtR puzzle: as has been said, the information is at two interacts - the walk is a bit annoying, agreed. When you're at the puzzle itself, viewing towards the hub, those interacts are left of the hub and directly behind it from your point of view. As for the walk, from the "directly behind it" you can zap back (almost) to the start with your exo suit, saving loads of time.

The one I despise most is the "get a 4-digit number in the correct order" from AoY, but since reused. The puzzle itself is okay in my book (though I understand people having problems with it), the interface is just too clunky so it takes a lot of mousework.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Its incredible easy if you use the arrow keys... 🤔
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Use arrow keys, becomes incredibly easy.

The one I can't stand is the scan radiation mini-game, not cause it is hard, it isn't, but having to track something that's scrolling up or down is just really incredibly annoying.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • mspfuelermspfueler Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Use arrow keys, becomes incredibly easy.

The one I can't stand is the scan radiation mini-game, not cause it is hard, it isn't, but having to track something that's scrolling up or down is just really incredibly annoying.

Try to focus on the right side of the lines only. If you try to follow the left side, the arrow keys are reversed.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I can do most of the minigames without much problem. The solutions are already posted in various posts here so I won't repeat them.

Once you get the motions and hand-eye down they're all easy. And the isolinear chip one rarely takes more than three moves to solve.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The timed isolinear chip puzzle is in the Friday the 13th mission, with the crazy Vulcan. Solve it in time, and avoid the gas. Fail, and respawn.

I hate that game.

There was one with clipping wires on Regulus IV, but the problem with that seems to have been cleared up (the planet's surface would for some reason cause many computers to drop framerate, making it impossible to clip the wires in time).

I totally forgot we had that minigame for the wire cutting till I ran into it the other day and realized I've not seen it forever. Because almost every minigame in newer missions have been scan waveform, Romulan Radiation Scan, or Dilithium Mining. It was rare you saw the isolinear chip anymore because I think they realized it was used so much in so many ground missions from Vanilla all the way to New Romulus.

I honestly would not mind a mini game that is a "Bypass this circuit" type where you have to place isolinear chip, rotate nodes, and fuse lines till your signal/hacking makes it to the desired end point. Outcomes could include setting off an alarm, or releasing a gas or environmental hazard in path to objective....because in my opinion isolinear chip puzzle is too easy, and should be more like so.

To the Topic OP: the problem isn't the randomness of the mining minigame, no, its the Tholians (or some lag) that spawn back in to quickly when you try to mine. Hitting you, pulling you out of the minigame before its full 60 seconds of play is over, resulting in the shoddy reward amounts and not able to re-mine the same crystal. It is also pointless to do unless you have people closing the interspatial rifts the Tholians are coming from in the lower section.
This discussion has been closed.