test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Login, get Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    The fact that it cleared up and started back today seems to point to a DDoS.
  • knightcrownknightcrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having the same issue "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
  • taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Can't log in, the launcher keeps saying 'unable to authenticate: Server has timed out' It times out after one second. Please fix.
  • buppers#8347 buppers Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same. Unable to connect to server. Was fine from 4pm until now.
  • garabaldegarabalde Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Same issue, third day in a row. Though I have found it is less of an issue early in the day, and it will eventually work with enough tries. I just got logged in, but it took over 50 attempts. I put my password into notepad so I could ctrl-c (copy) it to the windows clipboard, then keep ctrl-v ing (pasting) into the launcher and hitting enter.

I doubt if this is an issue with priority login, but rather with the login server itself not being able to handle so many login requests at the same time. Not too many online, but too many trying to get online at once. Still needs fixed ASAP though.

Edit: Ok, I take it back, thought I logged in, now the ENGAGE button is not working. Sheesh PWE, get your act together.
  • cadiangatecadiangate Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Managed to get into the game, but all my graphic settings have reset to what looks like Windows ME. Closed the game and cannot get back in. I will keep trying.
  • Yep now it won't connect to account server again it just spins it's wheels... This is bloody ridiculous... 2/7/2019
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Add me to the list of unable to authenticate...
  • bensooli#7377 bensooli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    been fine since after maint, now getting kicked out and then account server is really slow, sometimes times out, other times hangs fora few min before timing out or actually loading character select screen. Unable change character, times out.
  • ajwillia69ajwillia69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Add me to the list of can't connect to the account server played yesterday but since this morning nothing
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    No response.....
    I am shocked
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Same here. Went down when I was trying to switch from my Cardassian captain to my... actually I forget which one I was gonna do but that's not really relevant.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Yep. can't get past the main login screen inside the game. Keeps hanging and then timing out. And since someone asked earlier

Cox Cable, Georgia, USA.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Me too
  • kintotechkintotech Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate, and the stupid thing wants me to type in my password, so I can't force verify anything.

Started when I logged onto my Jem'hadar, then went to switch characters. it froze, then booted me to the title screen with the login prompt. Closed the game client, re-summoned the launcher, and it's been "unable to authenticate" ever since.
  • cestovatelkacestovatelka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    STO been broken, can't log in, for 12 hours now for me. "Patch the bugs & bug the patches!"
  • malaproposmalapropos Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Dear Cryptic, please get some new hamsters to run on the tread-wheels, clearly the current ones can't keep up any longer...

The serious bit though: getting the same error as others, associated with the login server.

Region: UK
    ISP: iDNET
    Using the standalone launcher.
  • rampage237#8069 rampage237 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    was playing earlier and went to change characters and I got logged out. Now I cannot log in again.
  • cestovatelkacestovatelka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    All this right after an unannounced downtime yesterday, & the usual weekly downtime earlier today? & Now This? Someone steal their E.D. meds?
    You can eventually get farther than login but so far no actually playing just says unable to connect to account server even after getting past login.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Tried to do the test thing they posted and I cant even find the start button. So sorry you will be unable to get any data from me.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Unable to authenticate/time out as well. happened after a SNR in Argala in which I had to close the game, was unable to relog since.
    I had no issues recently before this patch...

Unsure on which post I should add this so may add on some which seem relevant.

Region: Isr (I assume playing on the regular English/EU shard if there are localized ones. Holodeck)
    ISP: Partner
    Steam (with wine/proton)

Update: at last after many tries and maybe two restart and one successful force verify, and after posting regarding the issue ofc, I could finally connect late yesterday. I don't know what helped, I do know proxy change didn't help me - at least initially.
    I'll delete the accidental multi-posting due to a combined topic - sorry about that.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    Finally made it in someone in other post was right just have to keep trying like 50 times
    edited February 2019
    double post of a combined topic, please delete this post of mine
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
  • Verizon FIOS for me...
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Even tried to use the proxys for login. no dice.
  • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Hi, I'm having the same issue here. :-(
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Just got the server not responding & the launcher now fails to connect.