test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DAY 2!!!-Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

had this yesterday, now today too? What gives? Thought they fixed this?

Comments

• doomviper#8611 doomviper Member Posts: 3 New User
    same here , second day, I was on and went to switch toons and now I cannot get back on, getting the same error.
  • doomviper#8611 doomviper Member Posts: 3 New User
    it authenticated, let me in and when I hit engage, in the little window where it shows patch progress it says "unable to connect to account server (3)". hopefully this helps the devs. trouble shoot this problem.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out."

I get this message constantly now from the STO launcher.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • celladothcelladoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    While I was typing it suddenly started verifying my game files and downloading a patch. it is currently 3:2 (GMT-7).
  • ulric09130ulric09130 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    same here day 2 of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
  • marcoramius2marcoramius2 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Same here
  • thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    They should really turn the server status to Red till they get this figured, at least that way you're not let guessing...
  • velnikvelnik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    here we go again why don't they let us know it's faulty
  • kiltwearer32kiltwearer32 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    it authenticated, let me in and when I hit engage, in the little window where it shows patch progress it says "unable to connect to account server (3)". hopefully this helps the devs. trouble shoot this problem.

Same here though i have managed to log in twice and play for about an hour. Can't log in again now.

managed to get in, for how long who knows.., but it seems like i didn't get any patch!
  • eahawkeahawk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    And, of course, are they going to extend the Double XP to make up for the time people are unable to log in to play?
    got booted lol but looks like they ran something thru the arc launcher autoupdate... went thru...so if running arc restart arc and try again
  • vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out [Poland]

tumblr_mjkbu75Gn61s5r0xzo1_400.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @eahawk said:
    > And, of course, are they going to extend the Double XP to make up for the time people are unable to log in to play?

They extend the anniversary event. XP weekend comes around again in a few weeks. Don't be like that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    All morning - Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Getting this too, Fatal Error: Patch Server Connection Error: The connection was idle for too long