test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Somebody else said something that he renamed his costume at the taylor and that fixed it for him.

That just might work...IF I could get into the game to do it. ;)

What ever they did yesterday to fix the authentication problem broke something else cause the issue was already present last night for me, this morning and now after the patch.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Getting "Connection to the login server timed out" again after the patch
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762) Now i got for the first time this as well.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Anyone else getting bumped off the server today?
  • vargo52vargo52 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yep.. Once I login and I wait for my Char to appear to click on him... I get disconnected from the server.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    What is going on?
    I haven't been on today but STILL hearing about people getting Das BOOT?

This is really weird. Especially since it kinda came out of the blue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'm logging in just fine and so are people on my friends list. It might have something to do with location.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • xstaythirstyxxstaythirstyx Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    It is currently Thursday 7th of Feb, 12:50pm - Seems I am unable to login - What exatly is causing all this?

I also have to ask, will Cryptic be extending the Q event a few days more? As this is taking out players for an entire day or so
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • magusshadowmoonmagusshadowmoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Likewise I can log in but when I select a toon to play it times out...ok got into the game played for 10 minutes and then it times out.
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    It is currently Thursday 7th of Feb, 12:50pm - Seems I am unable to login - What exatly is causing all this?

I also have to ask, will Cryptic be extending the Q event a few days more?
    As this is taking out players for an entire day or so

I hope they give us at least that.
    Please.
  • otakutreemotakutreem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I logged in fine first off but then switched chars and could not log in again. Mostly no chars show up, and one occasion got to 98%. Seems hit and miss
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I can login but once I get to character selection I get disconnected all the times. Has been like this since yesterday.
    I hope I won't lose out on the event ship because of this as I still need two more days...
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Hey guys! The band aid you used to repair the log-in server has come unstuck, can you try some duct tape please? ……… soon!!!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I had this early this morning before the patch happening and it keeps going. Also since the anniversary the character loading into the game is slow and stops 98.xx for several seconds before it goes into the game. Its much slower then it used to be, not sure if the one thing has something to do with the other.

I just got kicked and at the same time so did everybody I was talking to on Discored, I hope this isn't STO setting the standard of service which other games have been doing.

It was bad enough yesterday with all the tribbles in the works, but for god sake sort out the engine room as this is a ruddy joke.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Great :) Now we just need to be able to log in
    I hope they give us at least that.
    Please.

I hope as well. In the meantime it seems I am back online and the server seems stable - I'll post again if there is an ongoing issue with the connection, but so far so good [Fingers cross]

[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I can't login either for the same reason as the title. I can't even download today's patch because of the Account Server TIme Out.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I've seen some problems yesterday connecting to the login server, yet today it's the account server that seems to be AFK.
    0zxlclk.png
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The log in issue is an Arc Game wide problem.

The skeletons in the closet seem to be a STO only issue though.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    I changed my char and gave me the login issue, closing the game and launcher and opening again seems to solve it… every time i have to change chars...
    I changed my char and gave me the login issue, closing the game and launcher and opening again seems to solve it… every time i have to change chars...

Nope. Not a solution. I tried a full game close... and I can't even get past the Launcher because it was unable to authenticate connection.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    divvydend wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Great :) Now we just need to be able to log in

1 hour after you posted can't get in after the patch. I have been playing since season 6 I think I do not recall it ever being this bad.
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Well I just tried Champions Online ---- No Luck doing the same thing.
  • fourthmentalfourthmental Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    happening again for me now
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Same issue here, unable to long in getting the following message:

"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Yeah, same here, can't get back in again..
    Was just booted out, when attempting to login again I got this message:

"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

Hope they resolved this.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    Seems to be ALL games connected with Arc, not just STO or Cryptic games.
This discussion has been closed.