test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Login, get Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• arklight6arklight6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    alesstorm wrote: »
    _yzgNuoGqvc.jpg
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

same here, was enjoying my self at the time to. The problem looks to be getting worse as well as they were having this problem at the beginning of the week.

• sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    arklight6 wrote: »
    alesstorm wrote: »
    _yzgNuoGqvc.jpg

same here, was enjoying my self at the time to. The problem looks to be getting worse as well as they were having this problem at the beginning of the week.

Yeah, I had one more, One more computer to hack and I would of been DONE!!!
  • drsid#3032 drsid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    10 years of incompetence
    Post edited by drsid#3032 on
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    drsid#3032 wrote: »
    10 years of incompetence

Comments like this don't help. It is a minor setback that will be sorted. We just have to be patient.
    I've let them know the issues have resurfaced

Cheers :)
  • anarisaanarisa Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I've tried multiple times to login to this game. It is completely random. I actually got all the way into game on one character after about 10 tries. Then I tried to swap characters to do dailies on another and it refuses to let me back in after about 30ish tries. First character was on Kobali Prime and second is on Earth Space Dock if that helps or matters. Also I got this message during the last try to log into the character on Earth Space Dock "ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)"

Update Edit: I was finally able to get onto the character parked on ESD. It took about another 5 tries to finally get into though. Again it seems random there will be 3 times where I cannot even select a character before getting disconnected. Then there are times I'll be able to pick a character every time but get logged out during map move(load in) of the character.
    Post edited by anarisa on
    NF5ObqL.jpg
    eazzie wrote: »
    drsid#3032 wrote: »
    10 years of incompetence

Comments like this don't help. It is a minor setback that will be sorted. We just have to be patient.

Yeah I have agree, as person who has to deal with the public all the time (security officer) when I get that type of attitude, they do not get in the building even.
  • thebuzz1thebuzz1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    still broke
  • thelodine#6188 thelodine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still doing it. I've tried to connect 25 times and still can't connect. Several times I was able to get to a load screen and when it gets to 98% , it disconnects.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    The moment I know something and get the green light to post it, you guys will know something. Just a really nasty bug from the looks of it. These things come from time to time.

Also please keep all comments civil. I don't like when issues like this crop up either but it will get ironed out in due time.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    The moment I know something and get the green light to post it, you guys will know something. Just a really nasty bug from the looks of it. These things come from time to time.

Also please keep all comments civil. I don't like when issues like this crop up either but it will get ironed out in due time.

Okay thanks for your updates, it is nice to hear from someone.
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Attempting to log in from the UK via Sky Broadband (Sky UK Limited) using ARC with unfortunately very limited success.

Also, It may also be absolutely nothing but when I was disconnected last time the launcher repeatedly displayed the following error message.

ERROR : attempted to update skeleton with no costume
    Line : C: \src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)

No idea what that means, so apologies if totally irrelevant.
  • thebuzz1thebuzz1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    reinstalled same thing happening
  • th3cavalierth3cavalier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, it was working this morning, but post-patch, it's back to hanging on the character loading screen.
    ISP: Century Link
    ARC Loader
    New Mexico USA
  • bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    After this morning's patch I get to 99.1, sit there for 30 seconds or so, then got a CTD with this error:"

"ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume
    Line: c:\src\libs\WorldLib\dynSkeleton.c(6762)"

Note that I do not have a C:\src folder.

Using standalone old-style launcher from Louisiana on Suddenlink cable 200mbps.
    ARC are also addressing the issue. They tweeted .....
    Arc Games

@PlayArcGames
    Following Following @PlayArcGames
    More
    We continue to work on addressing login issues and connection instability across our games. Thank you for your patience.
  • gordian76gordian76 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I was only able to download new patch.
  • trivus8472trivus8472 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    same again. UK.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Due to the login issues of the last few days, we will be extending the anniversary event on PC until the 23rd.

COOL, thanks for posting @where2r1
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2019
    Yea I noticed it just now as well - yet really seems to be hit/miss each attempt.
    0zxlclk.png
  • shelinesheline Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Also having login issues here. I'm getting the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" message.

Using Arc and playing from the Netherlands. Internet provider is Ziggo.
    So you want a Caitian science officer? Not a very good idea, after all curiosity killed the cat.
  • booking8booking8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
  • soma90soma90 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This is currently happening for me as well
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    i've suddenly developed this issue :(
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Been getting same, each time for me is when swapping from a character that's in Dyson Joint Command, get a long delay after change character then booted to log in screen. After which, I can't log back in for a good 10-15 minutes.
  • shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Me and my fleet are also having this issue today 2/7/2019 connection to account server has timed out.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well...it is almost 3PM Mountain Time...is this still going strong?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have been able to get on this afternoon between 12pm EST and 5pm EST as of right now, yesterdays account server meltdown has returned. Cannot access STO.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I thought the problem was fixed a couple hours ago (or so), since I could log in and use one of my characters (including their promotion at level 40). Spent about 30 minutes on STO, then logged off because I had office work to do (I'm a transcriptionist for my boss, a translator). I just tried to log back in, and the problem is back too.

Will wait and see if I can get on later this evening or (if need be) as late as midnight (Eastern Time in USA). No sense trying and failing to log-in dozens of times. That probably just makes the hamsters' job even harder. I am wishing them plenty of luck tracking down and stomping on the bug.