test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Login, get Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• gearjammer11965gearjammer11965 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Spectrum - Ohio, USA - Using Arc - Same issue as the rest of the posters
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Looks like same issue..

Before the emergency maintenance, I'd had occasional issues with login to authentication server. After maintenance things seemed to work for a while, but then something apparently broke. Now account server still works, I can log into servers and the client manages to load up the character list. However it fails at the point where it tries to load up character details - I get the list, but active character's info doesn't show up - and after a while it times out and disconnects.

It's kind of a bad time since I hopped in late to trying to get this year's anni ship. I wasn't going to even bother with it, but then realized it's changed so you just need to unlock it with one captain and get it for everyone.. I figured I have just barely enough time to get the marks for it. Unfortunately these troubles hit just about when I was going to get the next daily - and today's window is passing fast.

I remember past years with server troubles these kinds of events have often gotten a few days extension.. I really hope that'll happen this year as well. Would hate to miss the ship because of this.

-- edit --

...and just as I wrote that - managed to get in now, and grab the daily. Whew. :) Should be ok then. I hope it's fixed for good now, too.
  • kedranikedrani Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    It has been very flaky since this morning. It worked for a moment, then it died on me again, while doing Assault on Terok Nor. I'm in Ontario, Canada, using TekSavvy.
  • maxthedog5maxthedog5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    STO has been non playable most of the day for me. Now I get to the character page but it will not load any of them then kicks me off the server.
    Using Steam
    Arizona
  • jael68jael68 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can't connect. USA, ARC, Spectrum
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    same, can't load toons, just sits forever and times out
    isp: ViaSat
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
    okitsunega wrote: »
    Looks like same issue..

Before the emergency maintenance, I'd had occasional issues with login to authentication server. After maintenance things seemed to work for a while, but then something apparently broke. Now account server still works, I can log into servers and the client manages to load up the character list. However it fails at the point where it tries to load up character details - I get the list, but active character's info doesn't show up - and after a while it times out and disconnects.

It's kind of a bad time since I hopped in late to trying to get this year's anni ship. I wasn't going to even bother with it, but then realized it's changed so you just need to unlock it with one captain and get it for everyone.. I figured I have just barely enough time to get the marks for it. Unfortunately these troubles hit just about when I was going to get the next daily - and today's window is passing fast.

I remember past years with server troubles these kinds of events have often gotten a few days extension.. I really hope that'll happen this year as well. Would hate to miss the ship because of this.

-- edit --

...and just as I wrote that - managed to get in now, and grab the daily. Whew. :) Should be ok then. I hope it's fixed for good now, too.

same, but still haven't been able to log into any character... but I am continuing to try
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    maxthedog5 wrote: »
    STO has been non playable most of the day for me. Now I get to the character page but it will not load any of them then kicks me off the server.
    Using Steam
    Arizona

I'm exactly like this guy but in Quebec, Canada. Neeeeed my fix !.... /faint
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    I think I broke STO. I tried to log in and now no one can. :( I am so sorry.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • galathee23#0738 galathee23 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    can't connect as well, and I'm playing from France. Well that will save the rest of my hairs after removing them a part of the day, cause I got the same "random" instances over and over. Just to see the words "counterpoint and borgs" drives me nuts now :s
  • jsolo5jsolo5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I can connect to the character list then it disconnect back to a login screen with the message disconnected from the login server.
    guess that's it for today.. hope they have it fixed tomorrow
  • dracostalondracostalon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same here !
  • necrofuznecrofuz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Check your antivirus guys... See if it is blocking the Star trek online.exe file. It was for me and once I told 360 to restore the .exe I can load the game. I was about to uninstall STO from STeam and put it on thru Arc when I noticed the notification 360 gave me.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Getting the same message - ISP: EE, using ARC, I'm in the UK. Ticket Reference # 190207-000076
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • hanzored5hanzored5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Can you guys post your ISP as well as what country or state you're from? Also want to know if you guys are going in through steam, through arc, or just pulling up the stand alone launcher and going in that way.

These bits of info will help tell us if perhaps it's a regional problem, certain ISP(s), or if something else is up.

Japan.
    using ARC
  • iain#8351 iain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here in Australia
  • bratsabratsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am having the same problem, but sometimes it gets a little way and says cannot connect with account server.

And I tried to update arc since there wasnt much to do and it tried to update but then came up with this error message, hope its just does not like my ancient OS.

Arc.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
  • bensooli#7377 bensooli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How about some official information on your official web site? This issue is getting on my nerves, as is the lack of transparency.
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I am having the same issue. I got on after many tries, went to switch toons and got kicked, and am again, unable to get on the game. To say this is a true PITA is an understatement. This all happened after the "emergency Maintenance" and again, i am unable to get back onto the game, and this after trying from 2:00 A.M. Central until Now, 3:47 A.M. central.
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I am in Sabina, Ohio. ISP - Spectrum
    Was in the middle of the Mission: Turnabout, almost had it done! Then BOOM, I got timed out and now cannot get back in!!

Can @ambassadorkael#6946 or someone please let us know what going on? Please.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Same problem as everyone else here Tried logging in directly as well as from ARC. Turned off antivirus and got an additional error message - Failed to talk to Cryptic servers after initial communication". After this, the error message returned to what everyone else is getting.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Getting the same message - ISP: EE, using ARC, I'm in the UK. Ticket Reference # 190207-000076
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue. I got on after many tries, went to switch toons and got kicked, and am again, unable to get on the game. To say this is a true PITA is an understatement

I find that strange too - it happened when I switched from one toon to another. It is a PITA. So close to finishing the Scout Ship run... maybe Cryptic don't want us to have it?
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • walaskalawalaskala Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having same problem as well. Someone forgot to feed the hamsters i guess.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Was getting disconnected at the character selection screen like others. Took 6 attempts to get past that. Not got into game yet. Am expecting disconnection at some point though
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I've let them know the issues have resurfaced
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • thebuzz1thebuzz1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    STILL HAPPENING MAYBE NEXT PATCH
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I've let them know the issues have resurfaced

Thank you, @darkbladejk do you happen to know/heard what is causing it?