test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question over connection.

Is there something about the servers that is having a problem with people connecting? I have not had a session recently where the game doesn't rubber-band me around, or even drop me out to the log in screen... Is there something that I can do, or is it something to do with the internal systems?

Answers

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    You're not alone. The servers have been very bad lately here.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • betosilvabetosilva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am from Brazil, I can play other games quietly online, like star wars old republic, but I can not play sto, what happens? I played star trek online for years ...
  • husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    This morning early I was able to get online without a problem. Now I get a timeout connecting to game server.
  • raedottedraedotted Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Yup, cannot seem to launch the game at all. auncher sends the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" message and game client cannot be launched manually either (used to work back in the day).
    So I'm out, and this was supposed to be the day I complete the anniversary grind...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Getting that now too. Did somebody forget to feed the hamsters?
  • shinji1987shinji1987 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I'm having an issue, too. Wanted to log in and get the ship I wanted from the C-Store, only to get a "Unable to connect to account server (3)" on the Launcher :/

EDIT: Managed to get the game to launch by running it using the launcher from the game folder. Dunno if it'll continue to be a solution, as I'm too afraid to close it and retry, in case it was a one off.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Same here, guess I have to think of something else to do tonight then.
  • alesstormalesstorm Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Same here.
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    Also was my last day of anniversary grind today 960...
    And can't log in.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    From STO Facebook:
    "Star Trek Online on PC will have maintenance this morning (Feb 6) from 8:40am to 11:40am PT, to correct the issues with logging in. We'll keep you updated."
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • shinji1987shinji1987 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    From STO Facebook:
    "Star Trek Online on PC will have maintenance this morning (Feb 6) from 8:40am to 11:40am PT, to correct the issues with logging in. We'll keep you updated."

Thanks matey!