test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Todays Endeavor, Defeat Bio T-Rex not counting?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Killed two of them in the Voth battle-zone and got no credit for it... Anyone else?
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Worked for me first time. I don't know if it matters, but maybe it didn't count you as having got the final shot?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It doesn't require you to land the final blow. I got it first try myself. did you see the pop-up telling you what rewards you earned for helping kill it? If you didn't see that then there's your problem.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Worked for me first time. I don't know if it matters, but maybe it didn't count you as having got the final shot?

I don’t think it is about any final shots. I was in a team of 3 yesterday. All of us got the endeavor completed after participating in the killing of the same T-Rex. I don’t recall many other players present there though.

Sadly I can not offer any answers to the frustrating experience for the OP but I’m strongly under the impression we talk about a percentage or a certain HP threshold for kills to be acknowledged by the endeavor system.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I think Peter hits the nail on the head with his impression of percentage or HP threshold being the motivator for the endeavor system. Took me two tries to claim the endeavor last night. The first time the park zone was packed to capacity (can't imagine why..) so only managed to get a few shots in before the T-Rex (and his two counterparts) fell in rapid succession. I received the group rewards for my participation.. but no endeavor.

As you can then imagine numbers in all three zones dropped dramatically as Alliance members en masse felt the need to be elsewhere. Which is fine, but for those of us who missed out a long slog once the zones reset waited.

Seeing as sleep is overrated anyway I did indeed 'slog on' through the Park..and the City..and the Outskirts, eventually helping to respawn the T-Rexs at the silos once more. This time I threw everything I had at it and this time I gained the endeavor.

So the Moral of the story :

Timing is everything. Endeavors are not worth staying up until the early hours of the morning for. But they are a very good way of rediscovering systems like the Voth ground battlezone.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Since they nerfed tagging in the voth BZ, dinos have required significant % of damage to count as having participated in the killing, unlike most enemies that only require a single shot to count. This is IMO stupid, but I suppose the devs felt the VBZ was too popular and needed to be brought down, so they did.

BTW, don't wait for the zone reset, switch instance instead.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Went there last night, took the four Missions and went to the Outskirts. Took about five sectors then went over to T-Rex area. We killed it, got credit for the Universal (T-Rex) and Hard (Physical Damage Ground). I had equipped the Zefram Cochran Shotgun.

The Outskirts is my favorite Zone. Easy access to the T-Rex area from the Transporter.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    From comments in global channels last night, I'd have to throw in with the people who say "a significant portion of damage must be done to an individual V-Rex" in order for it to count. A half-dozen shots at a near-dead Rex probably won't do it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I do one T-Rex and that's it. From start to finish. I don't try running to another Zone to either not make it in time or get there very late. I stand by the corpse of the dead T-Rex that I've participated in killing. Always assured of the 5 Elite Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you can't just tag it... you need to do enough dmg or generate enough aggro (heals) to get on it's list to get credit. I've had moments where I beamed and & ran to the big dino and got some shots in and got the pop up box which game me a few xp points but the endeavor did not clear. had to go and properly kill (do more than a few shots) one.
  • Options
    alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Oh for TRIBBLE'S sake..switch the instance. Why on earth didn't I think to switch the instance? 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Killed two of them in the Voth battle-zone and got no credit for it... Anyone else?

No did it first kill and a rapid run since most folks are doing them now. Make sure you are actually there killing it for a while. At times if you just get there in the last 10 secs, it won't count even if if gives you 5 Dil or so for just trying.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Worked for me. Usually Kill means having contributed, not actually landing the kill shot. Otherwise there would be a LOT of unhappy people because someone keeps stealing the kill.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Worked fine for me. ^_^​​
  • Options
    darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    it was not just that mission the borg one that was not red alert i did 5 time and it did not count the any of the 4 i won.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Worked fine for me on both accounts yesterday. Managed to get to the dino and I guess contributed enough to count as a kill.

Only thing I can think of is you didn't contribute enough to get credit for a kill.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    vendood wrote: »
    From comments in global channels last night, I'd have to throw in with the people who say "a significant portion of damage must be done to an individual V-Rex" in order for it to count. A half-dozen shots at a near-dead Rex probably won't do it.
    Also, damage done by boffs apparently counts too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yeah you have to hit the thing a certain amount of damage to count as an active participant in taking it down. It’s tinstip people just “tagging” the Rex and then sitting afk for the fight.
    No idea what the limit is but anyone with a sensible build and the ability to shoot the thing for a minute or so should be good.
    Planning your run to be near the silo when it pops open helps too. Don’t have to camp there but make sure the last zone you cap is right next to the silo for a fast run to get there and get shots in early.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Until I saw the endeavor, I never even heard there was a T-Rex anywhere in the game, so I didn't even try to find it. I was also very sick yesterday, so I really didn't get a lot of time to play anyway, but had I had time, I probably would have ignored it because when you are told to kill something you didn't even know was in the game, you kind of throw up blinders and pretend you never read it in the first place.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Seems I was very lucky - I'd never seen the T-Rex before (I first mistook one of those armoured dino mechs for it) but when I did find it, I did get the endeavour. There were one or two other people there, and apparently all the damage from sci kit abilities counts, too.
    It happened to me with other "kill this" endeavours that it didn't count unless you dealt the final blow, but not here.
  • Options
    Until I saw the endeavor, I never even heard there was a T-Rex anywhere in the game, so I didn't even try to find it. I was also very sick yesterday, so I really didn't get a lot of time to play anyway, but had I had time, I probably would have ignored it because when you are told to kill something you didn't even know was in the game, you kind of throw up blinders and pretend you never read it in the first place.
    Haha, that's kinda the point, endeavors exist to encourage people to do things they don't already do every day.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Like today, I had one for a Lukari TFO and had never done any of them so I decided what the hey, let's try one. So I did the space invasion Dranuur one, only had to queue for advanced before it would pop. Still, I did pretty well, considering. I didn't blow up till the Dreads spawned, and then only twice. Found it to be fun.

The other was to do a Borg TFO, so I queued the one that always pops. ISA. Now when the server comes back I'll need to hit the Badlands for the Terran ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Haha, that's kinda the point, endeavors exist to encourage people to do things they don't already do every day.

Did the endeavor give a bit of information to explain where the T-Rex might be located? It might have when you looked at the endeavor screen, but I was really not feeling well, so I didn't get a chance to look further. If it didn't have further information, perhaps that's something they should consider doing in the future.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    I simply found a map with markers for where they spawn and worked closer to one of them to be able to get there with enough time to help take one of them out.

There's one on the wiki, on the page about the ground battlezone.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    Did the endeavor give a bit of information to explain where the T-Rex might be located? It might have when you looked at the endeavor screen, but I was really not feeling well, so I didn't get a chance to look further. If it didn't have further information, perhaps that's something they should consider doing in the future.
    You know you're allowed to ask in zone chat right? I see it rather often.

Personally I've yet to see an endeavor that I actually needed to ask about. Not going to say I actually complete them all, but I've never gone "what's that?"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    And this is why we will never have a real exploration system in the game.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    And this is why we will never have a real exploration system in the game.

lol, yes.

You'd have thought a person seeing an endeavor with something they didn't know existed would go "wow, i'll go check that out, i might enjoy it"......but clearly not.

:|
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Bagged 3 myself, worked for me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.