test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No one plays the Competitive TFOs! DX

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The teams in pugs are randomly assigned, so any significant deviation either way from the expected average 50% win rate can only be caused by you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    ricosakara wrote: »
    The current very rare Endeavor for 8000 is playing one of the Competitive TFOs and NO ONE is playing them. WHY? = /
    Had two yesterday so i would not say nobody is playing them, but they are slow to pop.
    Queued all competitive TFO for all difficulties and went for some defera or kobalistan action.

Or just shoot up borg in Kerrat. When waiting for competitive one usually has suitable gear for PVP equipped.
    Yeah I saw someone say "only you have that Endeavor". Well... more like, "not everyone has that endeavor". Sure it's one of several dozen things, but.... how many players are there doing personal endeavors every day?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    False info you put up there, @somtaawkhar . I got a pop for the Binary Circuit Adv a couple days ago, and it was from queuing for the randoms. Got myself the lovely common extra marks box as a reward from it.
    Now THIS is false info.

Cryptic themselves have said the following are not part of the random TFO system
    • Queues requiring 10+ people (e.g “Crystalline Catastrophe”)'
    • Shuttle Queues (e.g “Atmosphere Assault”)
    • PvP Queues (e.g "Capture and Hold")
    • Gamma Battlezone Queues (e.g “Break the Circle”)
    • Competitive Queues (e.g “Binary Circuit”)
    • Limited-Time Events (e.g “Arena of Sompek”)
    • Elite Difficulty Content (e.g “Battle of Korfez”)

Well I didn't queue for it via actively checkmarking for it. I'd never done it before. Cryptic says a lot of things, breaks a lot of things. For all I know they broke something with the latest patch. The random pop is what happened though.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    False info you put up there, @somtaawkhar . I got a pop for the Binary Circuit Adv a couple days ago, and it was from queuing for the randoms. Got myself the lovely common extra marks box as a reward from it.
    Now THIS is false info.

Cryptic themselves have said the following are not part of the random TFO system
    • Queues requiring 10+ people (e.g “Crystalline Catastrophe”)'
    • Shuttle Queues (e.g “Atmosphere Assault”)
    • PvP Queues (e.g "Capture and Hold")
    • Gamma Battlezone Queues (e.g “Break the Circle”)
    • Competitive Queues (e.g “Binary Circuit”)
    • Limited-Time Events (e.g “Arena of Sompek”)
    • Elite Difficulty Content (e.g “Battle of Korfez”)

Well I didn't queue for it via actively checkmarking for it. I'd never done it before. Cryptic says a lot of things, breaks a lot of things. For all I know they broke something with the latest patch. The random pop is what happened though.

Here's the thing... just cause it popped for ya does not mean that it'll pop for everyone or anyone else in a reasonable amount of time. the personal endeavor is random so more than 1 person could have it and que up for it... green & red only needs 1 time (red on advanced). I have gone hours 2+ without the que popping. also have it popped within minutes when the universal endeavor had a Competitive task force missing listed.

Devs say Competitive Ques arent included so they arent. I've done Competitive Que (advance space) one before they have ever put in the random system and this was ages after they introduced the competitive ques.

also it popping does not mean it was random... you que up for it and when enough people que up it pops... random time yes but not due to folks using the random system.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Yeah it is annoying. I had the play 3 missions task the other day as did a few fleetmates. We queued for all 3 missions at all difficulties but none popped.
    That’s definitely the one task you want to save your reroll tokens for.
    It seems completely baffling how Cryptic can’t see the problem with this situation.

Funny thing is that i used a reroll token and a Competitive TFO popped up.
    Joined it off course to help out others with the endeavor.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If I see an Endeavor I can do without much trouble I'll do it. If I see one I don't want to do and have a token, I'll reroll it. If not then it sits there till time runs out.

Competitive TFOs are on that 'Do not want to do' list.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    The current very rare Endeavor for 8000 is playing one of the Competitive TFOs and NO ONE is playing them. WHY? = /

Maybe it's because it was an ill conceived way of forcing PVP on people?
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > If I see an Endeavor I can do without much trouble I'll do it. If I see one I don't want to do and have a token, I'll reroll it. If not then it sits there till time runs out.
    >
    > Competitive TFOs are on that 'Do not want to do' list.

Complete opposite for me. So far I haven't used any rerolls, don't even know where to look to be honest. I love the Competitive TFOs myself
    Me neither. I mean, I do know where they are and do have a token or two, but I haven't run into any endos yet that I would want to reroll. Certainly not the competitives, which are some of the best designed queue missions in the game.

I had originally thought the reroll token could be used to pick up a new endo AFTER completing the first one. That would've been nice. As it is, I think I'll just collect them.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I played those for a bit, just enough to collect marks and Assessed Stratagems in order to reach Tier 5 and get a few pieces of equipment that sounded decent to me. Overall, though, the Competitive Rep and the corresponding queues are very, very far to be the best TFO's i played. At first, I was interested in unlocking the visuals for the ground armors, but after doing so, they really aren't all that great-looking.

As for the queues themselves ; I'll be honest, I've never been into PvP to begin with, yet I did give them a try, as I said, and I wasn't impressed all in all. Those of us whose build isn't PvP-oriented will still get blown to smitherines in mere seconds by the adverse team in Core Assault, and you will still occasionally come across the average toxic player who will start insulting the whole team in group chat, threatening to report them all if they lose (seriously?!), etc...

Frankly, this rep I raised to Tier 5 on my main toon, but that's not something I intend to do again on any of my alts.
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I played those for a bit, just enough to collect marks and Assessed Stratagems in order to reach Tier 5 and get a few pieces of equipment that sounded decent to me. Overall, though, the Competitive Rep and the corresponding queues are very, very far to be the best TFO's i played. At first, I was interested in unlocking the visuals for the ground armors, but after doing so, they really aren't all that great-looking.

As for the queues themselves ; I'll be honest, I've never been into PvP to begin with, yet I did give them a try, as I said, and I wasn't impressed all in all. Those of us whose build isn't PvP-oriented will still get blown to smitherines in mere seconds by the adverse team in Core Assault, and you will still occasionally come across the average toxic player who will start insulting the whole team in group chat, threatening to report them all if they lose (seriously?!), etc...
    Core assault is the only one with any actual PvP. Unless you count the Borg avatars in Binary circuit and I don't. Those don't use your powers or gear at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

2/3 competitive queues don't have any player vs player contact. 1/3 has player vs player contact at the very end.

Perhaps it's something else?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

2/3 competitive queues don't have any player vs player contact. 1/3 has player vs player contact at the very end.

And the 1/3 the PvP can actually be ignored. While you can do it, you can also forget it's part of the queue and just pew the core and npc ships that spawn around it. Which means, they aren't forcing PvP on anyone here.

I'd chalk this up to more, fear of PvP, since it has some in them, if you partake of it. Other than that, I'd says it's a time vs reward thing, they're not fast maps. Plus it has odd little mechanics you have to do in order to complete them. Another weak point within the player base. You have to do something other than pew stuff, these are not favorites of a large portion of the player base.

Personally, I actually enjoy these queues. They're a welcome break from the drool-inducing, braindead state, the more favored pew pew queues induce.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Yeah Comp TFOs are LONG. Binary circuit is fun, but it has 4 stages each of which is a few minutes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > If I see an Endeavor I can do without much trouble I'll do it. If I see one I don't want to do and have a token, I'll reroll it. If not then it sits there till time runs out.
    >

Complete opposite for me. So far I haven't used any rerolls, don't even know where to look to be honest. I love the Competitive TFOs myself

Everyone has their preferences. That's what makes the game so nice, everyone can do their thing and not bother anyone else.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    trennan wrote: »

And the 1/3 the PvP can actually be ignored. While you can do it, you can also forget it's part of the queue and just pew the core and npc ships that spawn around it. Which means, they aren't forcing PvP on anyone here.

I'd chalk this up to more, fear of PvP, since it has some in them, if you partake of it. Other than that, I'd says it's a time vs reward thing, they're not fast maps. Plus it has odd little mechanics you have to do in order to complete them. Another weak point within the player base. You have to do something other than pew stuff, these are not favorites of a large portion of the player base.

Personally, I actually enjoy these queues. They're a welcome break from the drool-inducing, braindead state, the more favored pew pew queues induce.
    Well said. I enjoy them as well. They are a welcome break from pew pew space bar stuff.
    echatty wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    >

Everyone has their preferences. That's what makes the game so nice, everyone can do their thing and not bother anyone else.
    +1 Choice is good :smile:
    Not so good when it makes parts of the game abandoned because they don't have enough reason to play.

Personally, I think the game has way too much choice in it.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Not so good when it makes parts of the game abandoned because they don't have enough reason to play.

Are you referring to the quick addition of competitive marks to the "all marks" boxes shortly after the rep was introduced or all marks boxes in general? Something else?

p.s. was just trying to be optimistic i.e. there's something for everyone (hopefully)
    warpangel wrote: »

Are you referring to the quick addition of competitive marks to the "all marks" boxes shortly after the rep was introduced or all marks boxes in general? Something else?
    The competitive marks are obviously the on-topic part of it, yes. But in more general sense giving the same rewards from too many sources at all will tend to devalue both the content and the rewards. Instead of playing each mission to get the associated reward, players will be encouraged to spamgrind whatever pays the most for the least effort.
    original quotes removed cuz mobile device stuff
    In the entire time I have been playing STO I have never seen anything to suggest that you are right about any of the last paragraph, nor can I think of any reason why a for profit company would sabotage their product in such a way as to drive off customers, and in fact cannot think of a single company that has ever done something like that.
    Apple? :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Bialystock & Bloom ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.