We can now transwarp directly to mission locations for free. However, there remains content that is tedious to reach, and/or is tedious to return home from.
So, as an ingame Admiral, and as a player with a selection of Active Ships on my character, we could have an interface to
* Choose a ship from our selection of activatable ships
* Send said ship to a location where that location can be any destination in STO: a mission start location, any of the space battlegrounds, the dilithium mine, fleet holdings, Nakura, New Romulus, etc.
* After some time - I imagine an assignment timer like DOFF/Admiralty assignments - the ship is in position and can be "claimed".
* Claiming the ship transwarps me - and invites my entire team to join me - at the destination.
* we can do the battleground / episode / patrol or fleet event.
* When complete I can use the same UI to return to my original location, with my original ship active.
This benefits players as we can access more content: Patrols and Battlegrounds etc. All without leaving ESD, the summer/winter event zone, or wherever it is we prefer to chat, manipulate the exchange, work on our ship & character builds, grind DOFF missions or whatever. We also get the satisfaction of using appropriate ships.
And it benefits Cryptic as demand for ships, ship equipment, and ship slots increases all of which drive dilithium demand, which drives Zen demand, which translates into $.
I'm an Admiral - let me send my ships 11 votes
I would like to be able to send active Ships on missions.
I don't see the value in this. Content bores me.