test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Discovery Era Ship?

keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
So yeah any C-Store Discovery ships coming to STO soon? so far we have 1......
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The Devs have said that all the Fed season 1 ships and most Klingon ships will be made available at some point.

And technically I'd say we have 2 in the C-Store. The Europa/Nimitz and the leveling Walker in the Discovery starter pack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2019
    Yes. The Gagarin, Gorgeou, and Shran classes will probably come soon. Their names show up on the Shepard, Walker, and Magee classes in the Foundry. The models exist and can be see if you edit a demorecord file of those ships.

The former is fine as the names are literally on display but I think you'll have to find pics of the models themselves yourself.

Edit: The Sech, DSC BoP, Charg, and BortaS bir all have playable KDF materials hooked up now so I imagine they're coming. The cleave ship, DaSpu', and Qugh are not present in the Foundry and their skeletons on demorecord seem to be NPC style ones still so they're not likely coming soon.

All the Fed DSCS1 ships, apart from the Hoover (which isn't even ingame yet), have all the relevant playable Fed hulls hooked up but as only three of them have 2410 refit models attached I'd assume the Cardenas won't be coming any time soon.

The Cardenas and BortaS bir are the only ships I'm particularly bothered about as they're the best looking ones and I'm saving them for my DSC era Andorian and Kol style Klingon if we ever get them.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yep forgot the walker stopped using as out leveled it on my discovery toon... just a shame that most of them are gamblebox ships right now.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yes. The Gagarin, Gorgeou, and Shran classes will probably come soon. Their names show up on the Shepard, Walker, and Magee classes in the Foundry. The models exist and can be see if you edit a demorecord file of those ships.

The former is fine as the names are literally on display but I think you'll have to find pics of the models themselves yourself.

Edit: The Sech, DSC BoP, Charg, and BortaS bir all have playable KDF materials hooked up now so I imagine they're coming. The cleave ship, DaSpu', and Qugh are not present in the Foundry and their skeletons on demorecord seem to be NPC style ones still so they're not likely coming soon.

All the Fed DSCS1 ships, apart from the Hoover (which isn't even ingame yet), have all the relevant playable Fed hulls hooked up but as only three of them have 2410 refit models attached I'd assume the Cardenas won't be coming any time soon.

The Cardenas and BortaS bir are the only ships I'm particularly bothered about as they're the best looking ones and I'm saving them for my DSC era Andorian and Kol style Klingon if we ever get them.​​

That's interesting as I did always assume the DSC era ships would follow the Europa pattern and have a 25th Century version skin as well. Seems like a good way to have both DSC and older traditional look fans pleased as they have the same ships but get to pick a visual look. It worked well for the Temporal ships too tbh so it seems a safe bet it'll be similar with these DSC ships.
    SulMatuul.png
    I can see that with the Fed ones, but the KDF might be a little harder to figure out. But I would be interested to see if they do pull it off.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Making new parts for the Charg or BortaS bir should be simple enough. Their shape is reasonably simple and should be as modular as normal. The BoP, Sech, or Cleave Ship might end up being full hull swaps like the AoY temporal ships as their shapes are very compact. It makes me wonder why Cryptic made them before the simpler ships like the Qoj, 'elth or BortaS bir.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    They might have had to touch up the models for those classes, or something came up that prevented them from plugging them in at the start.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I love it if the DSC era bird of prey levelled like the walker does.
    Maybe was the KDF version of the walker and on the c-store.
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
This discussion has been closed.