test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add a BLOCK on people with injuries joining TFOs

greencatgurl#6531 greencatgurl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
This has become a huge problem as of late. Half the people I end up in TFOs with have multiple injuries and they never heal them, forcing everyone else to carry them since those injuries make you pretty useless. This can easily be resolved by simply blocking anyone with any injuries or ship damage from joining any TFOs until all damage is repaired. Serious players have no desire to carry people who don't even bother trying and have no clue how to play the game.

That or get rid of injuries and ship damage altogether since it's an outdated system that's about as useful as crew was.

While we're at it, Advanced should be gated behind a mission that tests a person's ability to play the harder game without skipping anything.

Comments

• Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Its essentially same as afking because they don't contribute to the team. At one point we were allowed/had the ability to fix them for other players but then that got broken and was never fixed.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    How about you stop telling other people how to manage their ships? Injuries have practically no impact on anything anyway, yet the only way to fix them is located on the far TRIBBLE end of the most remote and godforsaken areas of the map. Just ignore them, they don't impact anything of importance.

They totally should be abolished entirely though, since for some bizarre reason they trigger people whose ships they are not even on.

If only we still had the option to "like" someone elses post...
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    greencatgurl#6531 greencatgurl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    How about you stop telling other people how to manage their ships? Injuries have practically no impact on anything anyway, yet the only way to fix them is located on the far TRIBBLE end of the most remote and godforsaken areas of the map. Just ignore them, they don't impact anything of importance.

They totally should be abolished entirely though, since for some bizarre reason they trigger people whose ships they are not even on.

While I agree that injuries and ship damage should be removed because the "death penalty era" of gaming is over and STO is the only game anywhere still doing it, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG ABOUT HOW BAD INJURIES AND SHIP DAMAGE IS. Every single one of these people with a half dozen or more ship injuries ALWAYS do under 1000 DPS, forcing the rest of us to carry them, and I have better things to do with my time than take fiver times longer to complete a TFO because some scrub didn't repair their ship. You think it's a small effect? WRONG! It's a massive effect! I know because I recorded the bloody results on meters multiple times!

So how about you not talk down to me and people LEARN TO PLAY hmmm? Why are you defending scrubs, anyway? Oh, and you don't need to go anywhere to repair anything... JUST HAVE REGENERATORS AND COMPONENTS! They're cheap, they drop all the time, and they WORK FROM YOUR BANK TOO. There is zero excuse to go around with injuries and ship damage. If you think it's not a big deal, I'd be willing to bet you're one of the players dragging Advanced TFOs down. Just admit you're wrong, and people need to start fixing their stuff until Cryptic removes this system.

I'm not sure what your deal is, but to be so completely wrong... *facepalm*

LEARN TO PLAY!

P.S. Interesting that, of all the internet where I have brought this up, you and the person after you are the ONLY person to defend this behavior. I've spoken with hundreds of players, and it's pretty UNANIMOUS that people want those with injuries BLOCKED FROM ALL TFOS.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

While I agree that injuries and ship damage should be removed because the "death penalty era" of gaming is over and STO is the only game anywhere still doing it, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG ABOUT HOW BAD INJURIES AND SHIP DAMAGE IS. Every single one of these people with a half dozen or more ship injuries ALWAYS do under 1000 DPS, forcing the rest of us to carry them, and I have better things to do with my time than take fiver times longer to complete a TFO because some scrub didn't repair their ship. You think it's a small effect? WRONG! It's a massive effect! I know because I recorded the bloody results on meters multiple times!

So how about you not talk down to me and people LEARN TO PLAY hmmm? Why are you defending scrubs, anyway? Oh, and you don't need to go anywhere to repair anything... JUST HAVE REGENERATORS AND COMPONENTS! They're cheap, they drop all the time, and they WORK FROM YOUR BANK TOO. There is zero excuse to go around with injuries and ship damage. If you think it's not a big deal, I'd be willing to bet you're one of the players dragging Advanced TFOs down. Just admit you're wrong, and people need to start fixing their stuff until Cryptic removes this system.

I'm not sure what your deal is, but to be so completely wrong... *facepalm*

LEARN TO PLAY!

P.S. Interesting that, of all the internet where I have brought this up, you and the person after you are the ONLY person to defend this behavior. I've spoken with hundreds of players, and it's pretty UNANIMOUS that people want those with injuries BLOCKED FROM ALL TFOS.

Wish I could like this post. I'm tired of ending up in TFOs, ground as well as space, with players that have half a dozen or so critical injures and does zero damage (or as near not to make any difference where progress is concerned) and blow up every three seconds.
    Ideal solution would be to do away with the silly things altogether, but since the devs seems unwilling to do that at least bar people with injuries from entering TFOs until they're healed.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    I don't see it as that big of an issue. If somebody is bad enough to accumulate and not fix injuries, they're not going to be very useful without them, either. Getting mad at your pugs will just make you unhappy. Just gotta keep calm and carry harder :smile:

I wouldn't mind getting rid of injuries entirely, though, since they're just a trivial EC tax for dying and take up a lot of bank space.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    guriphu wrote: »
    I don't see it as that big of an issue. If somebody is bad enough to accumulate and not fix injuries, they're not going to be very useful without them, either. Getting mad at your pugs will just make you unhappy. Just gotta keep calm and carry harder :smile:

I wouldn't mind getting rid of injuries entirely, though, since they're just a trivial EC tax for dying and take up a lot of bank space.

This one gets it ! ! !
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    More than one or two do amount to a MASSIVE debuff, though, Greencatgurl is right. I try to clear them during the respawn timer. If you're effective to begin with, you do need to clear your injuries to remain effective.

Like, Injuries are a breakfast eating monster that eats 3/4 of your breakfast. Nobody cares if it eats 3/4 of the stale poptart your pug brought (their 3k space dps and never-balanced shields). But if you brought a huge stack of delicious, diabetes-inducing waffles (200k dps pve hero build), or even a diet-friendly bowl of fruit and yogurt (competent build that kills things and doesn't die), you'd better chase the monster away with components and regenerators, or all you'll have left is the soggy waffle on the bottom and the last spoonful of yogurt. :disappointed:
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    is this thread about injuries or has STO branched off into the Food Network somehow? 8-D

Someone with multiple Critical Injuries unrepaired is going to be just as ineffective without them. Or they're trolling you.

Occam's Razor says it is the former but hey, as toxic as this player base can be sometimes, who knows for sure?

Complaining about the quality of players in PUGs ought to be in the F.C.T. Section of the forums.

Excuse me, I have to go to IHOP now and order breakfast. And no, I'm not inviting you along.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.