test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extra inventory and bank slots - thanks, but....

crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
I appreciate the extra bank and inventory slots. I stuck them on one of my alt-toons. Didn't really need them, though. However, what I REALLY need are more bank and inventory slots on my main toon. The devs keep adding stuff to every event, and I am now down to about six open slots in my inventory, and 6 in my bank, and none in my account bank. I'm playing all the games to maximize inventory space - sticking some items in the mail, putting stuff on the ships I don't use, etc. What I am willing to spend real $$$ on is more inventory and bank slots. MOAR!!!!, I say, MOOOOOAAAARRRR!!!! Please.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes. I am somewhat disappointed they did not offer the subscription slot cap raise to buy in the C-Store when they removed the subs.

Cap increases always good.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yes. I am somewhat disappointed they did not offer the subscription slot cap raise to buy in the C-Store when they removed the subs.

Cap increases always good.

While I wouldn't mind for stuff like this to be sold, there still is the perma sub, aka LTS.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Your best bet is to utilize space on bridge officers and ships that you aren't using.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I took a big hit on my Main when they removed Kit Modules from Kits. I had Kits set up for all different purposes over all Specializations, different Damage types, etc. Now my Bank has 15+ Kits and some 75+ Modules.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Based on your op. Two things. One most event stuff can be dismissed and reclaimed... consoles / ships ect. No need to store that stuff in your bank for years in case you need it. Just reclaim one if you decide to use it later. Two you have alts with banks, and account bank space. Take things that are account bound and store them on your alts. No need for your main toons to store phoenix tokens, or omega particals, or winter / summer event stuffs. Pick one alt that has a completely empty bank and make them your event stuff holder. When you want something on any of your toons just put the bits in your account bank.

I really don't know how anyone can run out of room in STO. STO rewards max alt numbers... and very few long time players have less then 20 toons. That is 20 banks, inventories... unused ships with storage space, ect. Heck lots of people even name an alt BANK... BANK2, ect. lol I prefer to not name my alts descriptive names... and instead find it entertaining to find good stuffs I forgot about in random alts bank I haven't checked in a few years. Found a cache of early T6 ships a few months back. :)
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Almost forgot one other option if you really really need more space. Drop your "bank" alt out of whatever fleet your in. Get some friends to help you start a fleet. Make that fleet your own personal bank extension. If you really really need you can do that as many times as you need. Toon Name "Bank" Fleet name "of [insert your name]" :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    husanakx wrote: »
    Based on your op. Two things.....

LOL. Honestly, Husanak, do you think I haven't done all of that? But a great primer for those who haven't been around the block, here. You have always been a great teacher.

There are a couple of problems with your "solutions". For items that I have used and are now bound to my main toon, they have to stay with my main toon. Many items that I want to keep are not reclaimable. There are other items that are bound on pickup, and can't be moved to alts. You know all this.

For items I want to keep on my main toon, I can keep buying ship slots and BOff slots - but even those have limits. I'd rather just buy inventory and bank slots for the convenience and functionality.

The devs complain that inventory slots and bank slots take up massive amounts of space on the servers. I get that. But I would be willing to give up space on almost all of my alt toons to increase the space on my main toon. I'd be willing to do it in such a way as to have a net decrease in overall slots on my account. I'd be willing to pay hard $$$$$$ for this.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'm sure it will help more than one person on here.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    For what it is worth, the old timer method of getting moar space was simply setting up a one man fleet for a bank alt or two or three.

I once knew a Ferengi player who told me he had four (4) UFP and KDF fleets on eight of his alts because business was good. Just sayin'....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    I get it. Doesn't help my main toon any, though. Think about it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    You say "main" is if it's the only one that matters...

BWAHAHAAH!!!!!! Yes, I setup specific characters to handle storing specific items. For example: Daystustoo is currently the designated guy to hold all of my winter commods. Diaula is the character who refines my Omega particles, etc...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Good lord I'm nowhere near that organized, I logged in to a character that still has Computer Core Fragments from the Defense Contract mission in Alhena system, those stopped dropping 6 years ago.
    Oh, I have quite a few antiquated items that are technically a waste of space. Several of my characters did the anniversary event where you got the Oddy Prototype for doing a short mission. Well... most of my characters never actually used it and the crate to commission the ship is still in their bank.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jdadonjdadon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    With all the cool stuff opening lock boxes. I am running out of room in my General Storage. I have ships equipped with random stuff to save room. but i am afraid i still have random inventory maxing my storage. i have even moved account usable stuff and spread them out among my other toons. Might be time to increase the cap on shared bank and general storage. Another 32 general and 24 shared??? Please!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    For some people, it is.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    For some people, it is.

No doubt...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I admit that I do have a 'main', but I also love every one of my characters. I'm not nearly at capacity of character slots though, I only have maybe fourteen or so on my paid acct and four on my FTP acct. No, I don't play them all, but I love them all and I do play them when the mood strikes.

Though I like the idea of storing acct-bound things on alts. Never though of that, silly me...
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.