test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DIS Enterprise - latest weekly stream, how will we get it?

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    There is no conspiracy, never has been, never will be. Your video covers nothing but your own imagination and has no connection to reality whatsoever and never will. R&D ships, and only R&D ships, cost over a billion EC because that is the equivalent average value of how many packs have to be opened to get 1 ship.

Smokebailey's more right than you're giving her credit for (and me agreeing with her is probably one of the signs of the apocalypse :D ). The ship has no intrinsic value: it's worth what people will pay for it, just like anything else in this game. People price the Connie, or in my case the Thrai (I was trying to buy, not sell BTW) at a billion and a half because they can get a billion and a half for it, or else it returns to their inbox unsold and they put it back up again, maybe at a lower price.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    There is no conspiracy, never has been, never will be. Your video covers nothing but your own imagination and has no connection to reality whatsoever and never will. R&D ships, and only R&D ships, cost over a billion EC because that is the equivalent average value of how many packs have to be opened to get 1 ship.

Smokebailey's more right than you're giving her credit for (and me agreeing with her is probably one of the signs of the apocalypse :D ). The ship has no intrinsic value: it's worth what people will pay for it, just like anything else in this game. People price the Connie, or in my case the Thrai (I was trying to buy, not sell BTW) at a billion and a half because they can get a billion and a half for it, or else it returns to their inbox unsold and they put it back up again, maybe at a lower price.

Not saying you or smoke are wrong...but what is the point you are trying to make, exactly? The ships sale for what they sale for. What is the "point" of this whole "things are only worth what people are willing to pay" spiel? I mean, we are talking about a fake currency anyway (EC).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    majorpain5majorpain5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Okay that is a fair point. If they put that much into it l, it is only fair for them to get that amount back. Maybe they could add a way to generate more credits? An exchange in a way? Not as simple as zen but maybe dilithium to EC? Or some other method? I just feel like in some ways it's very unbalanced with resources some sort of EC exchange might help? Or if people could sell items for dilithium on the exchange that would be better
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    majorpain5 wrote: »
    Okay that is a fair point. If they put that much into it l, it is only fair for them to get that amount back. Maybe they could add a way to generate more credits? An exchange in a way? Not as simple as zen but maybe dilithium to EC? Or some other method? I just feel like in some ways it's very unbalanced with resources some sort of EC exchange might help? Or if people could sell items for dilithium on the exchange that would be better

You can turn refined dil into credits by buying zen from the Dilithium Exchange, then buying lock box keys from the C-Store, then selling those keys on the Exchange for credits.
  • Options
    Yeah that's the current method, that's a lot to do though. At least the keys sell fast. Or maybe they could have a way of mining ec? Duty officer assignments or something like that, something you could use continuous income essentially
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Ferengi Admiralty gives some ECs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Personal Endeavors Rewards just love to give EC. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    starswordc wrote: »

1g9uUE1.jpg

Also, I never said it was a conspiracy, you did, Azrael. All I said was with another possible ship like the Disco connie being a possible release, I can see the scalpers licking their lips at the idea of another EC cow for them, no conspiracy needed. *tilts her glasses, giving Azrael 'the look' and shakes head*

(Off topic, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Back to topic, the sellers of these ships, whom I refer to as Comic Book Guy Wannabes, sell it for that much, because they got something others want, and are greedy little gits. I mean, if one of these guys gets a rare ship from the FIRST box they open, you think they gonna simply post that ship for a few million it cost em in EC/Zenny, rather than what they CAN demand for it? DREAM ON....most, if not all, Comic Book Guy Wannabees are not that humble. And I have sold rare stuff for a mere fraction of the cost, and even gave stuff to folks who were looking for such and such, also traded stuff between us, and everyone benefits. Greed is a silly thing, I think.

Also, Starsword, apocalypse actually means something else, it means a disclosure or revelation of knowledge :)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    All I know is that I'm keeping the R&D Infinity Promotional Ship reward box I won on New Year's Day for now. If the DSC Connie does appear as a R&D Promotion Prize ship.....
    giphy.gif

Let me know how that plays out, and good lucks. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I still have two R&D Promotion Ship Boxes; one from the first R&D Infinity back in December 2016 and one from last year. One of those Boxes is in the Account Bank and was put there before they cr*pped them up by making them Character Bound.

I did open another over the Summer to get my Jem'Hadar Recruit a T6 Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. I have found the R&D Infinity Promotions to award more frequently than the Lockboxes. The three ship choice boxes from the R&D Promotions came out of no more than 80 Promotion Boxes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    By the way, it is the CBGC©®™ (Comic Book Guy Consortium). ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    By the way, it is the CBGC©®™ (Comic Book Guy Consortium). ;)

I just call 'em the GAGA's

Greedy
    TRIBBLE
    Git
    Association
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Back to topic, the sellers of these ships, whom I refer to as Comic Book Guy Wannabes, sell it for that much, because they got something others want, and are greedy little gits. I mean, if one of these guys gets a rare ship from the FIRST box they open, you think they gonna simply post that ship for a few million it cost em in EC/Zenny, rather than what they CAN demand for it? DREAM ON....most, if not all, Comic Book Guy Wannabees are not that humble. And I have sold rare stuff for a mere fraction of the cost, and even gave stuff to folks who were looking for such and such, also traded stuff between us, and everyone benefits. Greed is a silly thing, I think.
    This all sounds great but it's not based in reality for slightly off topic subject at hand which is "what's a fair price for a promo ship?"

If the going rate is 1.1 billion, which we have already established is a fair price based on supply, demand and rarity, why would someone be "greedy" if they try to sell their promo ship for less than that? Somewhere between 1 and 1.099 billion? That's what virtually every seller does. They check the going rate and they undercut it. They drive the price down. So how is that scalping because that's the exact opposite of actual scalping. Scalping could only occur if there were zero price listings on the exchange, like in the old days. At that point, you'd see asking prices skyrocket closer to 2 billion. Yes, we agree that this actually used to occur but it's impossible for it to occur now thanks to exchange transparency. So I guess what I'm saying is, why do you still talk about this since it isn't relevant anymore? And if your objection is just that the price has simply risen beyond an arbitrary point that you don't like, then what do you consider to be a fair price for a T6 promo Constitution?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    EC is really easy to get between the Admiralty system and the Endeavor system. You can also acquire contraband on KDF alts and sell that. I have an alt who does nothing but craft superior upgrades and sells them. Also the other crafted items can sell really good as well especially if you get good mods on them. Farming space battlezones gives you enough vendor trash to sell that you can make some good ec there. And of course grind dilithium to convert to zen to convert to ec (selling Keys). All added together you can make some serious ec. I had enough zen yesterday that I bought 6 doff packs (Promotional ones only) and sold them in about 10 minutes for a total of 106 mil ec.

Also someone said there were no 6 boff ships, the Nandi would like a word with you.
  • Options
    tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I forgot to add Tour the Galaxy for ec as well.
  • Options
    There were some with a ton of EC spread over many mules who would buy up a few of a very rare ship and relist them higher keeping the low price higher.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,323 Community Moderator
    All of this aftermarket selling talk is completely off topic as to how the ship may be offered by Cryptic. Please stay on topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    How is talking about acquiring the ship after market off topic when the topic is about how we will get it?

Who cares how it initially comes into being as many if not most will have to get it after market.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Honestly the thing with a video game is the economics don't have to be the same as the real world. I think people should charge what they want out of it. When I get ships I don't want I keep them and when someone wants a ship or even a specific one I have I work out a deal. If they are a member of my fleet and they contribute it's free, I'm buying one of my admirals a ship for how much he has put in as a reward. The only things I sell are actual drop items. Anything purple and above. Everything else I put in the bank as a free for all. In an online game the economy is what we want it to be. The value is what we feel it should be. An online games economy is a chance for us to have the economy we wish we had. Based on fair trade
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Honestly the thing with a video game is the economics don't have to be the same as the real world. I think people should charge what they want out of it. When I get ships I don't want I keep them and when someone wants a ship or even a specific one I have I work out a deal. If they are a member of my fleet and they contribute it's free, I'm buying one of my admirals a ship for how much he has put in as a reward. The only things I sell are actual drop items. Anything purple and above. Everything else I put in the bank as a free for all. In an online game the economy is what we want it to be. The value is what we feel it should be. An online games economy is a chance for us to have the economy we wish we had. Based on fair trade

Yes and no. It costs an average of 250 lock box keys to get one T6 ship. 2,500 keys to get 10 of them. 25,000 keys to get 100 of them. (Yes, those keys will also generate a pile of other goodies that can be sold.)

You can be charitable and sell one for less than it costs, but someone is still paying $250 for every lock box ship that's added to the game (and the pile of goodies).
  • Options
    Well that's exactly it though, the ship really only costs one key. I'm not saying sell it for 4 mil but it should be sold based on what they personally want to get out of it. Not charging the max amount. Also I wish trading was more of the in game economy, I want that item you have I have items you want/means to get them . It would be nice if dilithium could be traded. Only traded. That way there would be another currency per say which would average everything out a little bit and creat a better evonomy where you have high level Crafters, mass amounts of dilithium to trade and items and ec. There is the dilithium exchange but that's only for zen. Player to player trading would be a cool addition
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,323 Community Moderator
    You're still completely off topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Fair enough. What I'm trying to move for is another Connie option. The most recent one I think we have is the Kelvin from 2 years ago. The 2 options we have are still good options, but I think we should get one that is a little more powerful, has much more customization options, and one for top tier officers. Larger, more modernized with the option to make it look like the original skins still. I still hold to one that is able to load cannons would be really awesome and with the amount of bridge officers we have I'm still thinking start phasing in 6 seats. Maybe even add a tier 7 that's only 65 and up?
  • Options
    I'm. Not saying specifically a c-store ship. They will always release another tier because its a way to get players to spend more money once again. Then the rarity ships they just upgrade to t7. Hell it could be lock box or another limited promo ho estlynestlyn but would give a new option. I honestly am not a fan of the lock box and promos. You can easily spend hundreds of dollars and get TRIBBLE. That's what always happens with me. At the point I'm not longer spending real money into the game either way. It's not worth it, doesn't make sense, it's frustrating, and there's a 1 in 1000 chance of getting what you actually want. It's also irritating when you see every 5 seconds someone winning the item you've been trying to get for years now. I love the game but the micro transactions are way too high now. I've spent most likely a couple thousand into this game since it launched and it's very irritating when I have to spend an unknown amount to get one item. I appreciate that it makes the item a lot more rare which is awesome and I love that. But there needs to be other options
  • Options
    Besides a lot of players left because they were sick of dropping untold amounts of money I to the game. All the cool ships and equipment aren't a guarantee of getting it. Some people open one pack and get it. Some people open thousands and don't. Then Everytime you check the exchange prices there are going up. To get what you want you're spending paychecks into it. And the people driving the in game economy are the people that have thousands to spend that write them off as medical, or don't have any bills to pay or have enough money to spend a couple hundred in one sitting. This is a hey, one that you spend say $50 and you get it, no leaving it to chance. That's what I'm talking about. But not some whimpy TRIBBLE something that's worth it. But I digress. In this I'm talking if they did do that, what would it look like and what might it's specs and traits be
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Yes and no. It costs an average of 250 lock box keys to get one T6 ship. 2,500 keys to get 10 of them. 25,000 keys to get 100 of them. (Yes, those keys will also generate a pile of other goodies that can be sold.)

You can be charitable and sell one for less than it costs, but someone is still paying $250 for every lock box ship that's added to the game (and the pile of goodies).

To get back on topic, the above is one reason why it will be a new lock box or R&D or duty officer pack ship. The other reason is the "CBS made us do it" excuse.

For players as a group, it really does cost around $250 per ship added to the game (100 R&D packs or 250 lock boxes).

One person might get a ship from "one key" or opening one R&D pack, but there are others who opened 110, 150, 200. It averages out to 100 packs / 250 keys across all ships added.

This is working for Cryptic. People are averaging spending $250 for a single-character unlock of the special ships. $250 is much more than $30.

Yes, more people would buy the ship at $30, but based on experience with past ships it is apparently not 8 times as many people.

So they are very unlikely to do anything else. They want and need the money, more than enough people will pay the money. Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.